The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

Just now, MathMan said:

okay, explain to me how "randomly picking" your vote appeals to my logic?

That it was random? That it was me riffing off of teude's "random comments here" comment? That it has the side benefit of illuminating one person who was very active in the pre-game who has gone radio silence since D1 began?

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

That it was random? That it was me riffing off of teude's "random comments here" comment? That it has the side benefit of illuminating one person who was very active in the pre-game who has gone radio silence since D1 began?

your honor, im done with THIS guy

maxresdefault.jpg

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Claiming to pick a name at random absolves the voter from any blame should the chosen player turn up civ and generally negates an immediate retaliation vote.

Mafia benefits from a play like that more than anyone else.

Oh, I see.

Picking someone to vote for four or five posts into day one is okay, but using a random number generator is wrong.

I learned something new.

However, before you string me up for violating this unstated rule, do answer one question for me - where is squire12?

11 minutes ago, MathMan said:

okay, explain to me how "randomly picking" your vote appeals to my logic?

Some might see your civ game as randomly throwing votes at a few people early to see how they/others react.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Oh, I see.

Picking someone to vote for four or five posts into day one is okay, but using a random number generator is wrong.

I learned something new.

However, before you string me up for violating this unstated rule, do answer one question for me - where is squire12?

There's a difference between throwing out a vote at random and making it very known that your vote is totally random.

Also, I have no idea where @squire12 is. Weird that you would respond to my statement and quickly change the subject, @Woz.

Uhh ... look at the top of the page ...

Just now, Woz said:

There's a difference between throwing out a vote at random and making it very known that your vote is totally random.

How exactly? If I had said squire12 but didn't mention the RNG, how would it be different than bcb saying he's voting Darth four posts in?

You at least have some insight into my logic by saying "hey, I picked this guy at random because a RNG told me to." 1 in 20 chance. I was expecting it to come up 20 (i.e. me), to be perfectly honest. And yes, I would have then voted for myself.

There's no track records to investigate here at this juncture. It's all monkey poo at a wall. I get that. I'm just trying to figure out why particular fling is the problem.

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

I agree with what bucs said (in general), but this does seem like the type of thing you would do.

I ... am not sure if I should take that as comfort (coming to my defense) or as an insult (that I'm no better at this game than a RNG). :D

(the correct answer to this post is "yes")

Just now, MathMan said:

technically speaking, my votes and who i choose to press arent random

At the same time, from the outside looking in, it seems very random.

Archived