CARLOS MONARREZ of the Free Press out to get Patrica

GetDownandDirty

The Detroit Free Press needs to fire Carlos Monarrez. He has written nothing but negative articles about Matt Patricia. He is so off beat about the Lions in general. His remarks & therory’s are so negative & his predictions fall flat! He writes about missing Caldwell & how the team will fall apart under Patricia. In the last few weeks he has ran a campaign on his own to discredit everything about Patricia. Monarrez is nothing but a Trolling reporter who trying to get his articles published nationally. Too bad that he can only get recognized by writing crap. This guy couldn’t write for a school news paper. The Lions & Patricia haven’t even really got started yet & this guy has already figured out everything all by himself. Can’t wait for the day that this dead beat writer is given his walking papers!!

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/06/08/detroit-lions-matt-patricia/684073002

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

I notice the latest media attack is that Patricia is or has lost the team because of running. Sheesh.

But that’s where it’s misleading. He used a quote by the running back about the differences in abilities between college and the NFL but made it seem like he was talking about Patricia making them run

I think the Carlos Monarrez has got used to watching Lions teams that are just not tough enough to win consistently let alone make a deep playoff run.  I think he is setting the tone early that this team is going to be mentally and physically tough.  The Lions have struggled with this for a while.  Especially the mental part.  I know this is the slowest part of the sports calendar but this looks like manufacturing a story where there isn't one.

4 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think the Carlos Monarrez has got used to watching Lions teams that are just not tough enough to win consistently let alone make a deep playoff run.  I think he is setting the tone early that this team is going to be mentally and physically tough.  The Lions have struggled with this for a while.  Especially the mental part.  I know this is the slowest part of the sports calendar but this looks like manufacturing a story where there isn't one.

He’s a liar, poor journalist, and his only agenda is to be negative 

It’s not only us Lions fans who feel that Carlos Monarrez is out of his mind! Now other Journalists are starting to chime in on how stupid his column was. Hopefully the Free Press is paying attention, and takes action. Fire the wanna be journalist or at least move him to a beat writer for the elementary school flag Football leagues.... on second thought, scratch that too! Kids don’t deserve to endure Monarrez’s BS either!! Just send the bum packing!!!

https://apple.news/AZjmyq4XKT7O4qGuzslTKVg

Now I see that a writer from the Free Press is throwing Carlos under the bus! He’s calling out the ridiculous article & making very good counter points. Now this whole thing stinks of an inside set up by the Free Press! First the Monarrez column which runs nationally for a few days and when it cools down,  3 days later another columnist from the Free Press goes off on Carlos & his stupid insight, which will probably going to get national attention. Looks to me like the Free Press is running a Good Cop.... Bad Cop scenario!!! Anyone ever heard the phrase: Fake News! If this is the Free Press way of covering the Lions, I would hope the organization would ban them from entering the property & covering any non game coverage. These guys don’t deserve to get a media pass, because they are not journalist.  Why not let a novice like me, sit watch the practices and report what I saw. Give the truth & let each person reading it come to there own conclusions!

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/06/11/detroit-lions-matt-patricia-shawn-windsor/689243002/

He's just following the Drew Sharpe/Mike Valenti shtick of being a hipster Detroit fan who is against and opposed to everything Detroit sports related. They are the reason average fans are so uninformed about actual sports knowledge. I cannot stand our sports media. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope you don't mind a Broncos fan in here. 

I will fully admit I don't know anything about Carlos Monarrez or The DFP but I read that piece earlier today and didn't find anything surprising. As a Broncos fan I know full-well the damage a rookie former-Belichick assistant can do to a team as head coach. I still wake up at night screaming when I think about Josh McDaniels' tenue in Denver. I'm sure fans in Cleveland, New York and South Bend have similar nightmares. 

Now, maybe this guy is a fraud, but the history of New England assistants is littered one unmitigated disaster after another. I hope for Lions fans' sake it does work out, I've always liked your team going back to the Barry Sanders days. But, just to forewarn you, this is hardly unprecedented given the circumstances. 

Oh, and that hack Mike Florio at PFT is a well-known Patriots apologist, of course he would write a re-tort like that. I'm sure Mike Lombardi wrote/will write something very similar. 

Anyway, and I mean this sincerely, best of luck this year! 

Archived