Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

If I were the Suns I would just go for it. Warren, Bender, Chriss, Suns 2019 top 3 protected 1st, Bucks protected 1st, and Suns 2021 top 3 protected 1st. 

And hopefully no else offers anything great. (important because I'm not saying this is a great offer, just a last resort for SA, but if has to happen before the season starts)

It's close enough to LA. In college, it seemed like every other weekend my friends were going to LA or San Diego and they were broke college kids. And the Suns play like 8 away games in Cali. He'll make it work.

And if he leaves we open up another ~20 million in cap space.

32 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well they’re in LA, Doc, cap space and he gets to run his own show. You think Kawhi cares about brand? Attention?

Isn't that a big reason why he wants out and turned down that contract from Jordan? Because he cares about his brand?

42 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well they’re in LA, Doc, cap space and he gets to run his own show. You think Kawhi cares about brand? Attention?

I must have missed when the Lakers moved from Los Angeles...

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Count another reporter who is saying that Kawhi wants to be a Clipper next year. Imagine if he gets traded to the Lakers but then signs with the Clipper next season lmao. 

Name me a single player whose publicly said they'd prefer to be a Clipper over a Laker.  You can't.

31 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If I were the Suns I would just go for it. Warren, Bender, Chriss, Suns 2019 top 3 protected 1st, Bucks protected 1st, and Suns 2021 top 3 protected 1st. 

And hopefully no else offers anything great. (important because I'm not saying this is a great offer, just a last resort for SA, but if has to happen before the season starts)

It's close enough to LA. In college, it seemed like every other weekend my friends were going to LA or San Diego and they were broke college kids. And the Suns play like 8 away games in Cali. He'll make it work.

And if he leaves we open up another ~20 million in cap space.

You're literally walking into what San Antonio wants.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Name me a single player whose publicly said they'd prefer to be a Clipper over a Laker.  You can't.

Um, how is that relevant to what I posted? I posted a tweet/link to a Spurs beat writer who said Kawhi prefers to play for the Clippers....Which ties with Shams report and against Woj's report. 

So yeah, please tell me again how your response is relevant to my post again? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, how is that relevant to what I posted? I posted a tweet/link to a Spurs beat writer who said Kawhi prefers to play for the Clippers....Which ties with Shams report and against Woj's report. 

So yeah, please tell me again how your response is relevant to my post again? 

Because at this point, it's pointless speculation at best.  We keep hearing about how Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers, and then a day or two later he's turned off by the idea of playing for the Lakers because of LeBron.  This is nothing but posturing between two franchises.  At this point, the most reputable source to chime in was Woj saying that Kawhi has fixated on the Lakers.  Woj doesn't really have any sources with the Lakers, so that probably didn't come from the Lakers' FO.  You've got a Spurs' beat writers whose probably getting fed crap from the Spurs' FO to get the Lakers to expand their offer.

Unless you have something that supports Kawhi preferring the Clippers over the Lakers based off something besides a mouthpiece guy, I'm all ears.  I'm telling you that doesn't pass the sniff test.

Oh my, I posted a freaking link to a Spurs beat writer saying Kawhi prefers to play with the Clippers THAT'S ALL. Stop getting so paranoid off any Kawhi news that isn't favorable to the Lakers. 

And Woj is no question the best in the game, but he is also the same guy that thought there was a real threat of the 76ers getting LeBron. 

Shams is no slouch himself and also said he has heard Kawhi prefers the Clippers.

Cris Carter who knows Kawhi's folks said he has been told he would go to either the Lakers or Clippers. It isn't just the Lakers as previously reported. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh my, I posted a freaking link to a Spurs beat writer saying Kawhi prefers to play with the Clippers THAT'S ALL. Stop getting so paranoid off any Kawhi news that isn't favorable to the Lakers. 

And Woj is no question the best in the game, but he is also the same guy that thought there was a real threat of the 76ers getting LeBron. 

Shams is no slouch himself and also said he has heard Kawhi prefers the Clippers.

Cris Carter who knows Kawhi's folks said he has been told he would go to either the Lakers or Clippers. It isn't just the Lakers as previously reported. 

It was never just the Lakers.  When the news first broke, he wanted to go to Los Angeles but preferred the Lakers.  Then we started hearing all the rumors about how Kawhi Leonard didn't want to play with the Lakers in LeBron's shadow, and then that one got debunked.  Now we're hearing about that he prefers the Clippers.  All I'm saying is that this is just a Spurs' beat writer whose regurgitating what the Spurs' FO is telling them.

Maybe his source is someone from the Spurs organization, or it is someone close to Leonard. No one knows for sure what he is thinking. But your response about no player ever publicly saying they prefer the Clippers over the Lakers was irrelevant to my post. There are enough people saying Clippers are his preference. Now, obviously others are saying it is still the Lakers. Could be his people are feeding the same stuff to these reporters for their own agenda.

But you now have Stephen A Smith, Michael Wright and Shams Charnia all saying he doesn't want to be overshadowed by LeBron's presence. 

I don't think he prefers either team; he just wants to be in LA and doesn't care which one it is.  I guess we'll find out next summer which team he prefers since it's very likely they'll both have the cap room to sign him.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think he prefers either team; he just wants to be in LA and doesn't care which one it is.  I guess we'll find out next summer which team he prefers since it's very likely they'll both have the cap room to sign him.

I would agree with this.  I just think in a vacuum, he'd prefer the Lakers for a number of reasons.

Archived