Training Camp 2018 discussion

Danand

We should consider the competition on the DL over. 

Carl Davis is no longer receiving meaningful snaps, and wasn't making a big enough impact when he did. He's 26 and this is the last year on his contract. We aren't going to roster him over Zach Sieler. A 22 year old monster athlete, already playing at a higher level and projecting perfectly as our future starting 5 Tech. Zach is in the 1st year of his 4 year Rookie deal and will only get better from here. 

Sieler has been a revelation and is the most complete young DL we've had pass through in a while. The athleticism and production profiles were there, all we had to see him do was translate his play from the DII level and he has. Zach doesn't look like a Rookie out there. Besides his physicality, it's his field awareness and pursuit angles I've found so impressive. I can't wait to see more of him in these final two Pre-Season games. 

We'll see Davis traded for a pick, barring injury to him or one of our other players of course. 

Yeah I would expect Davis is gone one way or the other. Like I said in the gameday thread Sieler is flashing too much to get through waivers on the way to the practice squad. I still kind of like Carl, but if someone needs to go for roster construction purposes elsewhere it's him. 

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

anybody think Ravens should entertain a trade of one of the former mentioned to the Jets. Add Correa to Davis or Kaufusi and ask for a 5th, maybe 4th round pick. get what you can before having to cut people for nothing.

Never really works out. Every team thinks they have more than 53 rosterable players at final cuts.

Archived