Jump to content
bigbadbuff23835

Lesean McCoy Accused of DV, PED use

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Don’t think that’s fair to say. There’s plenty of scumbag athletes but there’s a lot more that do good things for their community.

There are plenty of "scumbag athletes" but there seems to be a pretty disproportionate number in a sport that literally destroys the brains of those who play it. I wonder if there's a link. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Starless said:

There are plenty of "scumbag athletes" but there seems to be a pretty disproportionate number in a sport that literally destroys the brains of those who play it. I wonder if there's a link. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Definitely agree with you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i mean, the guys an idiot, i dont know if anyone can dispute that. this accusal is very shady though, and hopefully it can be determined if its legit or not fairly quickly.

oh yea Im with you there, 

Just was saying there is plenty of smoke, he's had too many incidents over the years. 
But that doesn't mean he did any of this obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Starless said:

There are plenty of "scumbag athletes" but there seems to be a pretty disproportionate number in a sport that literally destroys the brains of those who play it. I wonder if there's a link. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

So why do you think the general population (in the 20-39 age group for men) has a higher arrest/incarceration rate than the NFL?

https://www.utdallas.edu/news/2015/8/25-31660_UT-Dallas-Criminologist-Tackles-Perception-of-NFL-_story-wide.html?WT.mc_id=NewsHomePageCenterColumn

The idea that NFL players get arrested at a disproportionate rate is, quite simply, false; unless you meant disproportionately low.

Quote

“The data show that the perception that NFL players are overly criminal compared to the U.S. population is false,” Piquero said. “In fact, when you look at the forest and not the trees, the trends over the 14-year period show that the general population has higher arrest rates than NFL players do.”

property-crime-arrest-rates-2015b.jpg

morris-datalab-nfl-vaw-12.png?w=575

Edited by cddolphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about versus other sports leagues? Let's face it, NFL players don't exactly fit into the same socio-economic stratum as the people who get arrested at the highest rates. Compare them to people in the same tax bracket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mistakey said:

this is a dude who tried to throw a female only 21+ nda required party
https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/23/9028201/lesean-mccoy-private-party-bills

Not sure what the relevance is here, unless you're making a character statement. Even that is a stretch... if I'm a millionaire, I'm hosting plenty of those types of parties.. just without the advertisment. Just because you like skanky women doesn't mean you're an abuser. Just sayin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

WIthout the alleged victim's awareness or consent? Very, very doubtful.

Bottom line is, *assuming the accusation is true*, she willfully turned a blind eye towards animal & child abuse and only spoke up when it was her getting smacked. Selfish and scummy.

 

But that might all be moot, if her story is already falling apart at the seams.

And he'll still get suspended all in the name of protecting the NFL's precious shield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Starless said:

How about versus other sports leagues? Let's face it, NFL players don't exactly fit into the same socio-economic stratum as the people who get arrested at the highest rates. Compare them to people in the same tax bracket.

Idk, you tell me? You're making the original claim. How does it compare to other sports leagues?

To your second point, that's correct.. but is it fair to lump NFL players in with higher socio-economic peers when they've been in that bracket for maybe 2-3 years? Or is the environment they've spent the majority of their life in the more fair comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Idk, you tell me? You're making the original claim. How does it compare to other sports leagues?

To your second point, that's correct.. but is it fair to lump NFL players in with higher socio-economic peers when they've been in that bracket for maybe 2-3 years? Or is the environment they've spent the majority of their life in the more fair comparison.

I would think that in most, if not all cases the first thing a player does after signing his rookie deal is move to a neighborhood with less crime, and thus a lower police presence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I would think that in most, if not all cases the first thing a player does after signing his rookie deal is move to a neighborhood with less crime, and thus a lower police presence.

Okay. Does that new house also come with a new family, life time friends/acquaintances? Your environment is more than the neighborhood you lived in, otherwise Aaron Hernandez would have been a model citizen effective the 2010 draft.

Besides, you can continue to delineate the trends... maybe some of the difference disappears when you tweak which income brackets are included in the analysis. Why is that fair, but not other perfectly tangible comparisons? The NFL arrest rate among black athletes 20-39 is way, way, way lower than general population black males. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Okay. Does that new house also come with a new family, life time friends/acquaintances? Your environment is more than the neighborhood you lived in, otherwise Aaron Hernandez would have been a model citizen effective the 2010 draft.

Besides, you can continue to delineate the trends... maybe some of the difference disappears when you tweak which income brackets are included in the analysis. Why is that fair, but not other perfectly tangible comparisons? The NFL arrest rate among black athletes 20-39 is way, way, way lower than general population black males. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

I think you're underestimating just how much overall police presence in neighborhoods impacts arrest rates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Starless said:

I think you're underestimating just how much overall police presence in neighborhoods impacts arrest rates. 

And if you don't commit a crime, you won't be arrested, regardless of how many police are around you.

The police presence is higher in certain areas because... well, there's more crime in certain areas. Hence more arrests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Not sure what the relevance is here, unless you're making a character statement. Even that is a stretch... if I'm a millionaire, I'm hosting plenty of those types of parties.. just without the advertisment. Just because you like skanky women doesn't mean you're an abuser. Just sayin'.

lol ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cddolphin said:

And if you don't commit a crime, you won't be arrested, regardless of how many police are around you.

Might want to modify that statement a bit.

I don't think this is the forum to go into the finer details of the theory behind and effects of broken windows policing. But I will say that when you're talking about police responsiveness to certain types of crimes, presence absolutely makes a huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Starless said:

Might want to modify that statement a bit.

I don't think this is the forum to go into the finer details of the theory behind and effects of broken windows policing. But I will say that when you're talking about police responsiveness to certain types of crimes, presence absolutely makes a huge difference.

@cddolphin not a mod but this has nothing to do with mccoy, the bills or football anymore. prob best for everyone to drop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×