Lesean McCoy Accused of DV, PED use

bigbadbuff23835

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Don’t think that’s fair to say. There’s plenty of scumbag athletes but there’s a lot more that do good things for their community.

There are plenty of "scumbag athletes" but there seems to be a pretty disproportionate number in a sport that literally destroys the brains of those who play it. I wonder if there's a link. ????

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i mean, the guys an idiot, i dont know if anyone can dispute that. this accusal is very shady though, and hopefully it can be determined if its legit or not fairly quickly.

oh yea Im with you there, 

Just was saying there is plenty of smoke, he's had too many incidents over the years. 
But that doesn't mean he did any of this obviously.

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

There are plenty of "scumbag athletes" but there seems to be a pretty disproportionate number in a sport that literally destroys the brains of those who play it. I wonder if there's a link. ????

So why do you think the general population (in the 20-39 age group for men) has a higher arrest/incarceration rate than the NFL?

https://www.utdallas.edu/news/2015/8/25-31660_UT-Dallas-Criminologist-Tackles-Perception-of-NFL-_story-wide.html?WT.mc_id=NewsHomePageCenterColumn

The idea that NFL players get arrested at a disproportionate rate is, quite simply, false; unless you meant disproportionately low.

“The data show that the perception that NFL players are overly criminal compared to the U.S. population is false,” Piquero said. “In fact, when you look at the forest and not the trees, the trends over the 14-year period show that the general population has higher arrest rates than NFL players do.”

property-crime-arrest-rates-2015b.jpg

morris-datalab-nfl-vaw-12.png?w=575

35 minutes ago, mistakey said:

this is a dude who tried to throw a female only 21+ nda required party
https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/23/9028201/lesean-mccoy-private-party-bills

Not sure what the relevance is here, unless you're making a character statement. Even that is a stretch... if I'm a millionaire, I'm hosting plenty of those types of parties.. just without the advertisment. Just because you like skanky women doesn't mean you're an abuser. Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

WIthout the alleged victim's awareness or consent? Very, very doubtful.

Bottom line is, *assuming the accusation is true*, she willfully turned a blind eye towards animal & child abuse and only spoke up when it was her getting smacked. Selfish and scummy.

But that might all be moot, if her story is already falling apart at the seams.

And he'll still get suspended all in the name of protecting the NFL's precious shield. 

1 minute ago, Starless said:

How about versus other sports leagues? Let's face it, NFL players don't exactly fit into the same socio-economic stratum as the people who get arrested at the highest rates. Compare them to people in the same tax bracket.

Idk, you tell me? You're making the original claim. How does it compare to other sports leagues?

To your second point, that's correct.. but is it fair to lump NFL players in with higher socio-economic peers when they've been in that bracket for maybe 2-3 years? Or is the environment they've spent the majority of their life in the more fair comparison.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Idk, you tell me? You're making the original claim. How does it compare to other sports leagues?

To your second point, that's correct.. but is it fair to lump NFL players in with higher socio-economic peers when they've been in that bracket for maybe 2-3 years? Or is the environment they've spent the majority of their life in the more fair comparison.

I would think that in most, if not all cases the first thing a player does after signing his rookie deal is move to a neighborhood with less crime, and thus a lower police presence.

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I would think that in most, if not all cases the first thing a player does after signing his rookie deal is move to a neighborhood with less crime, and thus a lower police presence.

Okay. Does that new house also come with a new family, life time friends/acquaintances? Your environment is more than the neighborhood you lived in, otherwise Aaron Hernandez would have been a model citizen effective the 2010 draft.

Besides, you can continue to delineate the trends... maybe some of the difference disappears when you tweak which income brackets are included in the analysis. Why is that fair, but not other perfectly tangible comparisons? The NFL arrest rate among black athletes 20-39 is way, way, way lower than general population black males. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Okay. Does that new house also come with a new family, life time friends/acquaintances? Your environment is more than the neighborhood you lived in, otherwise Aaron Hernandez would have been a model citizen effective the 2010 draft.

Besides, you can continue to delineate the trends... maybe some of the difference disappears when you tweak which income brackets are included in the analysis. Why is that fair, but not other perfectly tangible comparisons? The NFL arrest rate among black athletes 20-39 is way, way, way lower than general population black males. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

I think you're underestimating just how much overall police presence in neighborhoods impacts arrest rates. 

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

I think you're underestimating just how much overall police presence in neighborhoods impacts arrest rates. 

And if you don't commit a crime, you won't be arrested, regardless of how many police are around you.

The police presence is higher in certain areas because... well, there's more crime in certain areas. Hence more arrests.

40 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Not sure what the relevance is here, unless you're making a character statement. Even that is a stretch... if I'm a millionaire, I'm hosting plenty of those types of parties.. just without the advertisment. Just because you like skanky women doesn't mean you're an abuser. Just sayin'.

lol ok

Just now, cddolphin said:

And if you don't commit a crime, you won't be arrested, regardless of how many police are around you.

Might want to modify that statement a bit.

I don't think this is the forum to go into the finer details of the theory behind and effects of broken windows policing. But I will say that when you're talking about police responsiveness to certain types of crimes, presence absolutely makes a huge difference.

7 minutes ago, Starless said:

Might want to modify that statement a bit.

I don't think this is the forum to go into the finer details of the theory behind and effects of broken windows policing. But I will say that when you're talking about police responsiveness to certain types of crimes, presence absolutely makes a huge difference.

@cddolphin not a mod but this has nothing to do with mccoy, the bills or football anymore. prob best for everyone to drop it.

Archived