Potential Josh Gordon issue? *Will he report by Aug. 7th???*

buno67

I am actually in accord with some of the Brothers in here.....I'm thinking, coming off an 0-16 record, with rookies all over the Roster and Landry (I love him doing it by the way) but saying that the Browns have the best Wr. Corps in the NFL, will have HardNocks focused SQUARELY on the Wr.'s....and I personally said to myself a couple of day's before the cameras started rolling...I hope Josh finds a a way to stay away until week 3 of training camp, we all know that at his worst (if he's not suspended) this kid wakes up every morning as a 85 catch 1200 yard 8-12TD's wide receiver. So if he's out untill the week of the dress rehearsal, we can find out what we have in Higgy, Coleman and the Rookie from UF...more snaps for them.....and also Todd Haley can be a bear of a coach....wouldnt mind minimizing their on camera interactions....

At the same time.....it seems to be the kinda coaching Corey Coleman needs....

On 7/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

I am actually in accord with some of the Brothers in here.....I'm thinking, coming off an 0-16 record, with rookies all over the Roster and Landry (I love him doing it by the way) but saying that the Browns have the best Wr. Corps in the NFL, will have HardNocks focused SQUARELY on the Wr.'s....and I personally said to myself a couple of day's before the cameras started rolling...I hope Josh finds a a way to stay away until week 3 of training camp, we all know that at his worst (if he's not suspended) this kid wakes up every morning as a 85 catch 1200 yard 8-12TD's wide receiver. So if he's out untill the week of the dress rehearsal, we can find out what we have in Higgy, Coleman and the Rookie from UF...more snaps for them.....and also Todd Haley can be a bear of a coach....wouldnt mind minimizing their on camera interactions....

At the same time.....it seems to be the kinda coaching Corey Coleman needs....

Hardknocks isnt going to solely focus on the WR. It is going to be all about the QBs, Baker, and Dorsey/Hue. WRs will be a big part but they are not going to be the focus. Also missing training camp, missing valuable reps for a guy who hasnt played much football since 2013, is huge. Also It seems like Haley is the kind of coach that Gordon needs. Also he doesnt wake up as a 85 catch 1200 yard 8-12TD's wide receiver, in the 9 games he has played in since 2013, he maybe looked that part once and that was the first game vs ATL.

I just dont understand, why Gordon needs to be babied and that the cameras are so hard for him. Dude loves social media and posting stuff about him if its pictures or videos, has been stated him and his manager getting his brand going, hell Gordon hasnt been able to talk about a lot of stuff because they want to keep that stuff for some kind of tell all stuff instead of giving info for free to reporters. True telling of his situation with be aug 7th. If he reports the day before or that day, I will think it was for other reasons outside of anxiety mental health. he needs to report by the 7th so he can pick up the offseason  credit on his contract

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hardknocks isnt going to solely focus on the WR. It is going to be all about the QBs, Baker, and Dorsey/Hue. WRs will be a big part but they are not going to be the focus. Also missing training camp, missing valuable reps for a guy who hasnt played much football since 2013, is huge. Also It seems like Haley is the kind of coach that Gordon needs. Also he doesnt wake up as a 85 catch 1200 yard 8-12TD's wide receiver, in the 9 games he has played in since 2013, he maybe looked that part once and that was the first game vs ATL.

I just dont understand, why Gordon needs to be babied and that the cameras are so hard for him. Dude loves social media and posting stuff about him if its pictures or videos, has been stated him and his manager getting his brand going, hell Gordon hasnt been able to talk about a lot of stuff because they want to keep that stuff for some kind of tell all stuff instead of giving info for free to reporters. True telling of his situation with be aug 7th. If he reports the day before or that day, I will think it was for other reasons outside of anxiety mental health. he needs to report by the 7th so he can pick up the offseason  credit on his contract

We know you don't think he is a great receiver and I think you are alone with that thought in this forum. The rest of us aren't worried about Gordon the receiver because we do think he can be a 1200 yard guy anytime he steps on the field. So while you have worries about him not being in camp for football reasons I don't think anyone else really cares. It's the other stuff that we're all concerned about, which you probably really aren't but if it rears it's ugly head I'm sure you will be the first one here.

25 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We know you don't think he is a great receiver and I think you are alone with that thought in this forum. The rest of us aren't worried about Gordon the receiver because we do think he can be a 1200 yard guy anytime he steps on the field. So while you have worries about him not being in camp for football reasons I don't think anyone else really cares. It's the other stuff that we're all concerned about, which you probably really aren't but if it rears it's ugly head I'm sure you will be the first one here.

I'll come out with Buno and say he does need to be in camp for football reasons.  He had 1 freak season and otherwise seems like he has had a hard time being on the same page as our QBs.  So if he was clean and at training camp that would be ideal.  It's just that the former is more important than the latter so it's a good thing for everybody if that is what he is prioritizing by missing camp.

I wouldn't call him a 1200 yard WR whenever he steps on the field.  He did that once, and it depends on what our offense is doing too.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'll come out with Buno and say he does need to be in camp for football reasons.  He had 1 freak season and otherwise seems like he has had a hard time being on the same page as our QBs.  So if he was clean and at training camp that would be ideal.  It's just that the former is more important than the latter so it's a good thing for everybody if that is what he is prioritizing by missing camp.

I wouldn't call him a 1200 yard WR whenever he steps on the field.  He did that once, and it depends on what our offense is doing too.

For his career he has averaged more than 1200 yards per season and that includes games he played in but didn't start. Who averaged twice as many yards per game than any other Browns WR last year? Yep, you guessed it. Who averaged 5 more yards per reception than any other Browns WR last year? Same guy. No, he didn't set the world on fire even though he was almost at a 1100 yard pace with the worst starting QB in the NFL but an 1100 yard pace with terrible QB and being out of the league for a few years makes me think he is probably pretty good on the field and with his head on straight and a good QB situation he could be a top 3 WR this year and the sky is really the limit with or without camp. He has to get on the field and stay there though, that is where he sucks. Once he is on the field his production will be there and he'll do what he can with whatever hand he is dealt and do it better than 99% of the WRs in the league and quite possibly 100% of them.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

For his career he has averaged more than 1200 yards per season and that includes games he played in but didn't start. Who averaged twice as many yards per game than any other Browns WR last year? Yep, you guessed it. Who averaged 5 more yards per reception than any other Browns WR last year? Same guy. No, he didn't set the world on fire even though he was almost at a 1100 yard pace with the worst starting QB in the NFL but an 1100 yard pace with terrible QB and being out of the league for a few years makes me think he is probably pretty good on the field and with his head on straight and a good QB situation he could be a top 3 WR this year and the sky is really the limit with or without camp. He has to get on the field and stay there though, that is where he sucks. Once he is on the field his production will be there and he'll do what he can with whatever hand he is dealt and do it better than 99% of the WRs in the league and quite possibly 100% of them.

QB or no-QB he hasnt produced for the Browns. Hell the Browns had a decent QB in Hoyer in '14. Comes back and completely tanks him and the season. I want to see if he can be a true impact player when it matters most. He was fun to watch in losing effort week after week. When the Browns had a playoff hope, he added no value to the team. we had hopes he might be able to build off of last year but now we have no idea what he will even do or when he will even play. Reading something earlier today on twitter, how someone said, if he has had anxiety issues since becoming sober, where was the stress/anxiety last year, when he was finally making his return and playing. You think that be a bigger trigger than training camp. I know you dont know with mental issues but it was a strange point. That triggers should happen around similar events

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have never said he wasnt a great receiver, I have just stated that he has to prove himself. '13 could of easily been a Fluke like Bowe in '10 and Edwards in '07. since that '13 season, in the ***10*** games he has played in, he has looked nothing like that '13 form. but yet everyone expect him to somehow reach that. To me I liked it when the NHRA had their back up rule. Anytime you set a speed or ET record, you had to back it up with your next run by 1% of the previous pass. That was to eliminate the chance of a fluke helping you. 

We have worries about him not being in camp because there are true concerns on why he hasn't reported yet. The organization labeled him in a way that if he doesnt report by the 7th, he will miss the  Deadline for players under contract to report to their clubs to earn an accrued season for free agency. One of the most important things to Gordo is seeing a 2nd contract. The browns could of avoided that but they didnt, they are kind of leveraging Gordon to be back by that time.The franchise shouldnt put that kind of pressure like that on a guy dealing with major anxiety at the moment because of the training camp trigger

Also the important of camp has only been stated when people use the stupid notion that what is going on is being played as a way to avoid the hardknock cameras. You wouldnt miss camp just so you wouldnt be on TV and be asked some questions that you are not obligated to answer.  

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I have never said he wasnt a great receiver

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

'13 could of easily been a Fluke

So if '13 could have easily been a fluke he likely isn't a great receiver, no?

If Gordon plays all year he will likely be top 10 all time in receiving yards for the Browns. He only needs about 600 yards to pass Braylon who played 22 more games. I really think you may have married his sister and we just never put 2 and 2 together.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

So if '13 could have easily been a fluke he likely isn't a great receiver, no?

If Gordon plays all year he will likely be top 10 all time in receiving yards for the Browns. He only needs about 600 yards to pass Braylon who played 22 more games. I really think you may have married his sister and we just never put 2 and 2 together.

To be fair, we're pretty much all top ten receivers all time for the Browns. But I get your point.

The thought that Gordon isn't a great wr is close to absurd. 

He is tall, he can run fast, jumps on time, tracks the ball, his hands are like buckets. 

He is top 10 all time for YPG in a short career. He hasn't played  much pro ball. Or college ball. 

It is like saying Ricardo Louis is secretly great. 

Honestly, the more I read, and the more I think about it, I think this hard knocks thing has merit.  If he were there, you know how reporters are.  They would not be asking him about the Browns, they would not be asking him about the team, they would not be asking him about the upcoming season.  It would be constant.... tell us about your time suspended, tell us about your demons.  Why should we believe that you can finally stay clean?

I just read and saw a short video, he is still working on football and his craft while in FL, away from the hard knocks cameras.  I think with the FSU QB and DBs.  Still looked good.  If the light has really clicked on for Coleman and Higgins, and the rookie can play up to his talent, look at this WR core!  Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Higgins, Callaway, and then Janis as a beast on ST and can come in every now and then for special packages.  That is just freaky!  

One that I do worry about though is Njoku.  I don't really see the light flicking on for him from what I have read yet.

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Honestly, the more I read, and the more I think about it, I think this hard knocks thing has merit.  If he were there, you know how reporters are.  They would not be asking him about the Browns, they would not be asking him about the team, they would not be asking him about the upcoming season.  It would be constant.... tell us about your time suspended, tell us about your demons.  Why should we believe that you can finally stay clean?

I just read and saw a short video, he is still working on football and his craft while in FL, away from the hard knocks cameras.  I think with the FSU QB and DBs.  Still looked good.  If the light has really clicked on for Coleman and Higgins, and the rookie can play up to his talent, look at this WR core!  Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Higgins, Callaway, and then Janis as a beast on ST and can come in every now and then for special packages.  That is just freaky!  

One that I do worry about though is Njoku.  I don't really see the light flicking on for him from what I have read yet.

Difference is he doesn’t have to respond or talk to the HBO people like they have to do with NFL/team reporters. Also in Hardknocks they rarely have sit down interviews and there giving guys legit type interview. They want to catch the natural stuff or let guys open up. It’s more so following guys around, a couple guys, mainly a top tier player, the stud rookie, the no name rookie or 1yr player trying to make it, and then little segments like a potential RV segment. When they were with a Cincy, Harrison completely ignored the cameras and avoided them. He never got in trouble. Again HBO isn’t trying to make some compelling story to get viewers. They have their viewers and they have no competition to fight with.  

If this was back in May or June, it be great that he is working out. But its training camp and what he is doing isnt really benefiting him because he isn’t learning the offense, he isn’t getting into football shape, he isn’t building chemistry with QBs, he isn’t getting to know Haley, and etc. 

If he has been an established WR for the past couple years, avoiding camp like Farve or Bell would be fine but Gordon needs reps And frankly he doesn’t deserve to do anything like that. He doesn’t deserve that kind of special treatment. 

Archived