Potential Josh Gordon issue? *Will he report by Aug. 7th???*

buno67

26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Invensting the money for both Landry and OBJ it would take for a position group like WR would be irresponsible IMO. WR is not a hard position to find capable talent at, I certainly dont want to tie up over 170 million for 2 guys.

I think it's taking advantage of not having to pay our franchise QB like a franchise QB for 5 more years, just when Landry's contract runs out. Besides, were we just letting Gordon walk after this season? Because he will require substantial money to resign, if we're so inclined.

that being said, no, the potential for camera men to smoke weed isnt why it would be a little much

its pretty obvious being on camera and recorded has broken lesser and greater men than josh gordon.  for someone who is conquering his mental health issues, im gonna refrain from denigrating him, especially if adam schefter and the nfl spokesperson has said hes not being suspended.

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Are their cameramen smoking doobies on the sideline?

If hard knocks lights are too much I guess if the browns ever make the playoffs he might be going to rehab cause those lights will be even brighter!

Just now, buno67 said:

If hard knocks lights are too much I guess if the browns ever make the playoffs he might be going to rehab cause those lights will be even brighter!

why dont you take a lap on this one bud

39 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

It occurred to me, if Corbett or Harrison pan out as good, future Left tackle, we won't have any glaring holes on our roster come the draft. Maybe we pull the trigger on an OBJ trade using our first rounder.

Just a thought. If we get OBJ, potentially losing Flash isn't so devastating.

Eh, chances they want more than a first plus we aren't paying what he wants plus I don't want to miss out on a HOF DL class next year

18 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Either way this goes down I’m scared to sign him long term. What if he’s doing everything in his power to refrain from the hit UNTIL he signs a big deal then goes on YouTube smoking the Guinness book of world records largest joint ever with an F you nfl sign in the background with half nude dancers dressed in marijuana outfits?

This is why I'd rather make the investment in OBJ. I'd hope any and every team would have serious reservation giving Josh a big contract, or at least big guaranteed money.

40 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the team's way of keeping him away from the Hard Knocks folks who would love nothing more than to cajole him into something to catch the aftermath on film.

I would bet the last dollar in my wallet there is much more truth than fiction to this theory. One thing the national media LOVES to do is to laugh and ridicule the Cleveland Browns. Maybe we finally got smart and refused to provide anymore gasoline for their bonfire.

30 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Either way this goes down I’m scared to sign him long term. What if he’s doing everything in his power to refrain from the hit UNTIL he signs a big deal then goes on YouTube smoking the Guinness book of world records largest joint ever with an F you nfl sign in the background with half nude dancers dressed in marijuana outfits?

There will be a lot of offset language that will be designed in his contract that would stop this from ever happening. He will prolly get a contract that will have language that the contract goes null and void if he test positive, gets suspend, or anything like that along those lines and prolly would result in him giving back some of the signing bonus. 

12 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I would bet the last dollar in my wallet there is much more truth than fiction to this theory. One thing the national media LOVES to do is to laugh and ridicule the Cleveland Browns. Maybe we finally got smart and refused to provide anymore gasoline for their bonfire.

Again you are not protecting the team, your hurting your team. You are potentially taking away a key offensive weapons because you are afraid of what might be said on camera. That be a total snowflake move. Dorsey isn’t a snowflake. Browns need Gordon in camp and in preseason. 

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Again you are not protecting the team, your hurting your team. You are potentially taking away a key offensive weapons because you are afraid of what might be said on camera. That be a total snowflake move. Dorsey isn’t a snowflake. Browns need Gordon in camp and in preseason. 

Buno, dude, you are like a dog with a bone on this topic, man! Be cool.

7 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Buno, dude, you are like a dog with a bone on this topic, man! Be cool.

I’m seeing this idea on all social media that it’s a ploy to protect him from the cameras of HBO. Dude has missed enough football he doesn’t need to miss anymore. Specially to protected him from the cameras. It’s one of the most idiotic ideas out there. 

Archived