Jump to content
Titans fan 617

Training Camp Thread

Recommended Posts

A Taylor Lewan update -

Him speaking to Marino could be a really good sign. Marino is our contract guy. Could be that Robinson has already approved the extension and Marino is ironing out the details with Condon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A Taylor Lewan update -

Him speaking to Marino could be a really good sign. Marino is our contract guy. Could be that Robinson has already approved the extension and Marino is ironing out the details with Condon.

Hopefully!!! Get it done already....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it should be noted that Dodd's Clemson bookend, Shaq Lawson has also been a bust up to this point as well. only 5 more career sacks than Dodd, and maybe on Buffalo's roster bubble

I wonder if that will have an impact on draft status of Clemson's current dline that might have 4 1st rounders on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also something random that I've noticed from those ignite the fire videos...

Unless he's changed his number, Brandon Trawick is practicing with the ILBs. 

I noticed him in two episodes around the other ILB in indvidual drills and also noticed Kevin Byard walked up to him and another ILB and asked about their position drills, which wouldn't make sense if Trawick was still with the safeties. 

I find it interesting because 1) Trawick has played with Pees before in Baltimore 

2) Pees started a converted safety at ILB next to CJ Mosley last year in Baltimore. 

I think ILB is likely in good hands between Woodyard, Evans and Brown, and Trawick will again likely make his biggest impact on ST's, but I'm curious if he can see more time in the defense at ILB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I think it should be noted that Dodd's Clemson bookend, Shaq Lawson has also been a bust up to this point as well. only 5 more career sacks than Dodd, and maybe on Buffalo's roster bubble

I wonder if that will have an impact on draft status of Clemson's current dline that might have 4 1st rounders on it.

I remember correctly, the Clemson DL was on a big dry spell until Vic Beasley.  Not many of them, translated to the NFL. I'd only draft Clemson WRs at this point. 

*Andre Branch is the other guy I'm thinking of. He flamed out too. I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I remember correctly, the Clemson DL was on a big dry spell until Vic Beasley.  Not many of them, translated to the NFL. I'd only draft Clemson WRs at this point. 

*Andre Branch is the other guy I'm thinking of. He flamed out too. I

DaQuan Bowers.... Yuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad he showed up. Like we all said it’s tough that we won’t have Conklin to start camp and would of sucked more to not have Lewan too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

 

Good. He’s a pivotal part to our locker rocker room. Anytime someone does anything questionable to Marcus it’s always Lewan who is first to his defense. Love that dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deal has to be pretty much done or very imminent. No way he’d report if it wasn’t. I expect to hear something about an extension in the next day or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good riddance to Dodd. I usually don't celebrate any Titan player's misfortune (VY aside), but this guy never gave us anything.... completely lacking from the beginning... really showed no heart/passion during his time here. Peace ot suckah... 

And while I believe we desperately lack depth on the DL, Hankins isa not the type I'd target. We have Logan and Johnson already slotted inside,  and while I believe Johnson can and will get snaps at the 3... we need something different. I just don't know why Klug isn't back... that move makes too much sense not to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×