Special teams Preview

Kiwibrown

Does either or both of last years k/p duo get cut?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does either of last years k/p duo get cut?

• Conlquett
    • Gonzalez
    • eh
    • I want to watch football dammit
  2. 2. Our Return Game has been poor for a few seasons, does this bother you?

3. 3. Special Teams is an important legitimate part of football.

well, we are up to special teams. 

Colquett is a pretty good punter

Gonzalez had a bad couple of weeks but seemed to recover, has a decent leg. 

Huglett throws the ball between his legs really well. 

Our KR/PR game has been pretty poor for a few years, does this bother you?

who do you see as a primary KR/PR?

On 7/23/2018 at 10:50 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Grueling questions for early on a Monday morning, but you already knew that seeing as you’re from the future.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:53 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Gonzalez looks better year 2 and Colquitt continues to be a stud.

Need to get some production out of our return game though, specifically punt returns. Jabril or Calloway or whoever needs to make some things happen. 

Monday is when the browns play so it is the best day of the week. Until half way through the 1st quarter usually. 

I think Gonzalez turns out to be good with range year two like you said. I’m not as high on colquett though he is accurate and people don’t get good returns against him but he doesn’t have a booming leg. I guess that is enough though.

i thought jabrill looked bad in the return game last year indecisive. He averaged 6yqrds per punt return. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Seeing this thread got me super scared that Jackson will get fired at the end of the year and Dorsey will steal away Dave Toub from the Chiefs. I don't know why. But remember this post.

That’s who I want if we can’t get McCarthy. 

I know special teams is part of the game and we need to be successful at it, but was anyone else scared when they saw Ndjoku making plays on punt coverage?  He looked great but it certainly worries me about possible injuries...

Also I was at the game and having hard time reading players numbers but I thought I saw Vogel with an INCREDIBLY pretty kick.  Looked like he got it 60 yards in the air.  Not saying make a change just liked what I saw from him...

On 7/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Seeing this thread got me super scared that Jackson will get fired at the end of the year and Dorsey will steal away Dave Toub from the Chiefs. I don't know why. But remember this post.

All sounds very irrational, but I hope your fear proves true!:D

5 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I know special teams is part of the game and we need to be successful at it, but was anyone else scared when they saw Ndjoku making plays on punt coverage?  He looked great but it certainly worries me about possible injuries...

Kellen Winslow vs. DAL

Archived