Titans cut Kevin Dodd OLB

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

^^^ From NFL.com

WTF happened? Literally just had his team sign one of the best LB coaches in the game as HC and could have really flourished under him. Just to p**s it all away? We had Shea McClellin for years in CHI, he wan't worth a damn but he at least was a try-hard guy. I'll never understand the entitlement to people who have a chance to compete at the highest level in the world but don't care to work for it.

Just off his college tape, someone will try to get him to be a reclamation project back at DE in a 4-3. See if he can bother to sign his minimum deal or not...

i wouldnt be opposed for the jags giving him a shot.  we have almost nothing of note behind Ngakoue and Fowler as true edge rushers. \

our DL coach coached him so i wouldnt be all upset if we did take a shot cuz i think our DL coach could probably get him to play better. 

He doesn't deserve another opportunity. I can deal with busts that simply aren't cut out for the NFL game. Honestly, Dodd probably would've fit into that category anyway. But with a new coaching staff coming in, the guy didn't come to voluntary OTAs, didn't tell anyone in the organization that he wasn't going to show up, and then no-showed training camp. I can respect a guy that lacks talent but works to do all of the little things right. I can understand the intrigue in bringing in a talented player with work ethic issues. Guys that lack talent and don't put in the work? I wouldn't want him as the 90th guy on my roster heading into camp.

I just can't think of a single trait he has that can be considered even league average. Guy was the 33rd pick in the draft and likely ends his career with 12 tackles and one sack. Most Titans fans were baffled with the pick from the get-go (never had the explosiveness or bend to play 3-4 OLB), but after watching him, I don't think there's a position or a system that could have turned him into an NFL caliber player.

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i wouldnt be opposed for the jags giving him a shot.  we have almost nothing of note behind Ngakoue and Fowler as true edge rushers. \

our DL coach coached him so i wouldnt be all upset if we did take a shot cuz i think our DL coach could probably get him to play better. 

I mean, outside of Leonard Floyd we have Aaron Lynch and a 5th rounder in Kyle Fitts (who is talented enough for a 2nd-3rd but has had chronic health issues to be fair).  We are in dire need of talent there but we already have Lynch with motor issues, not sure we could risk another wasted lifeless talent out there.

Maybe he is going through some personal stuff, IDK. I just know when I was it was football and basketball that let me get away and get kind of a "reset." He has a golden opportunity and is wasting it. Sad to see.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

He doesn't deserve another opportunity. I can deal with busts that simply aren't cut out for the NFL game. Honestly, Dodd probably would've fit into that category anyway. But with a new coaching staff coming in, the guy didn't come to voluntary OTAs, didn't tell anyone in the organization that he wasn't going to show up, and then no-showed training camp. I can respect a guy that lacks talent but works to do all of the little things right. I can understand the intrigue in bringing in a talented player with work ethic issues. Guys that lack talent and don't put in the work? I wouldn't want him as the 90th guy on my roster heading into camp.

I just can't think of a single trait he has that can be considered even league average. Guy was the 33rd pick in the draft and likely ends his career with 12 tackles and one sack. Most Titans fans were baffled with the pick from the get-go (never had the explosiveness or bend to play 3-4 OLB), but after watching him, I don't think there's a position or a system that could have turned him into an NFL caliber player.

Meanwhile in Chicago we have Kevin White. He busts his *** every day and is in amazing shape. Stays late and spent a lot of time with Trubisky in the offseason, and his teammates seem to hold him in high regard. But this might be his last year in the league as he has been able to finish just 3 games in his 3 years in the league. Injuries made him a bust, not effort. Those are the guys I feel sorry for.

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Meanwhile in Chicago we have Kevin White. He busts his *** every day and is in amazing shape. Stays late and spent a lot of time with Trubisky in the offseason, and his teammates seem to hold him in high regard. But this might be his last year in the league as he has been able to finish just 3 games in his 3 years in the league. Injuries made him a bust, not effort. Those are the guys I feel sorry for.

Yeah, Kevin White deserves another chance. I can see why he wouldn't be re-signed in Chicago. 

Dodd doesn't appear to deserve anything other than the name on the back of his jersey, and the Titans should think about trying to get reimbursed for the jersey he wore.  Never gave any real reason to root for him, never appeared to be getting it, never appeared to care to get it........

He made one play in a Detroit game, that I remember and even that sack was sloppy.  He was better in Madden than he ever was in reality.  
I wouldn't waste the vet minimum on him or a roster spot. 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I never liked him as a prospect 

but I definitely didnt like him in the 34

I think he'll sign with a 43 team maybe the Patriots see if he can become anything 

i think the jags could be a pretty good contendor for him.  our DL coach coached him at clemson so if theres anyone that knows how to get him to produce its more then likely him. 

Archived