O's, Yankees Agree to Zach Britton Trade Pending Medicals

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah and it sucks. They used to never do that, then all the kids worked out, all the bad contracts except Ellsbury are gone, and you have a butt ton of money waiting to improve a 100 win team.

I miss the Three Stooges management of 10-15 years ago.

This is true.....and I'd LOVE to get rid of Ellsbury!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's one of the biggest Yankee fans on this forum tbh.

Ahhhh...okay thanks. For a second....just the briefest of moments.....BOS flashed across my mind!

BOS gets DeGrom.......the earth will stop spinning!

Btw - I dont think the NYM are dealing him.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Actually Britton was better in 2016. If he's healthy - he'll do the Yankees just fine.

For the team to give up three prospects for him - somebody in the organization thinks he's healthy.

He gives us guts and performance all accomplished for an under performing organization. Can fill in for Chapman if necessary (due to injury or workload) - or Betances if he slides into Chapmans role (due to injury or workload) and replaces the left handed arm of Chasen Shreve who was inconsistent.

It's a good add.

Shreve was more than inconsistent. He sucks. ;)

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah but we don’t need pre-injury Britton. Lol 

I'd like to have pre-injury Britton. xD

12 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I miss the Three Stooges management of 10-15 years ago.

Me too.  This is boring. 

To be fair though very few of the kids turned into anything whether we traded them or not, its more about Yankees improving their player development than anything else.

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tate throws upper 90s with a swing and miss slider and a good minor league track record he's not a nobody.

In another system he'd be a bigger deal.

MLB Pipeline had him as your #9 guy entering the year, and BA had him just outside the top 10 if I recall, and moved him to #6 in their midseason review.  So he's clearly moving away from his struggles with the Rangers.  If he is a 3-4 starter for the Orioles, that is great.  

To me, Carroll is the most interesting piece of the deal.  He dominated the AFL, and has held opponents to a .151 average this year and has a fastball that can get up to 101, with a potential knock-out slider if he can locate it.  If he can figure that out, Carroll is the closer for the Orioles for the future.  

I haven't heard much on Rogers, but the Orioles do need a left-handed starter, so I think he gets a chance to make the rotation next year, as well as a few starts once the rosters expand.  I do not see the team rushing any of these prospects from the past two deals, or any other deals, up until then.  

IMO, this is a great deal for both sides.  You have to throw out the two bad games Britton had, as he was still adjusting and getting his timing down- he missed all of spring training and workouts, and didn't get on a mound until almost a month into the season.  This month, he's been lights out, and netted us a better centerpiece in Tate than what the Astros offered last year in Moran.  The Yankees, while they gave up some good pieces, didn't give up any of their top tier/high ceiling pieces and made sure they didn't lose anyone to the Rule 5 draft and make that roster crunch a bit easier.   The Orioles get pitchers who all have a future with them, all three sooner rather than later. 

11 hours ago, mission27 said:

Tate throws upper 90s with a swing and miss slider and a good minor league track record he's not a nobody.

In another system he'd be a bigger deal.

In 2015 he did. Pro ball broke him and he's average velocity with a less sharp breaking ball.

Archived