Ozzy's NFL Draft Prospect thread - (Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

*AJ Green SOPH CB Ok State: Still need to watch him more but made some really fine looking CB tackles later on in that game after not getting Burt out of bounce on that amazing run of his.  Good looking athlete with quickness and ability to tackle and run, be curious how he does the rest of the season.

I was impressed by Green as well.  Still grabby as most college CBs are but could really stick to his man.  Will definitely be one to watch next season. 

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

I was impressed by Green as well.  Still grabby as most college CBs are but could really stick to his man.  Will definitely be one to watch next season. 

Again that one play he should have just shoved Burt out aggressively.  Still after that he came down like a missile and just shot through the legs of the offensive player and completely took him out.  Still long ways to go but yes one to watch, is one of the few impressive corners on that team I feel.

Week 9

*Benny Snell Jr SOPH RB Kentucky: What a tough physical running back, love how hard he ran the football and really was not easy to bring down throughout the game.  Has decent enough speed in the open field and still is a productive rusher despite not having a great passing game to help with defenders get out of the box.  Is probably the best SOPH back out there in a some what weak SOPH class of backs.  

*Trey Smith FR OG Tennessee: Mentioned him a few times already, is super fun to watch play football especially in the run game.  The team is not doing that well this year but with him on that OL and the tough running backs they have, Tennessee at least has something to look forward to.  Is a super impressive freshman, does need to improve as a pass blocker at times, gets off balance but in the run game he is great and there is a ton to work with him potentially.  Potential top 5 pick, rarely are freshman lineman as impressive physically and as dominant as he has been this season. 

*AJ Dillon FR RB Boston College: What a tank out there at running back, nice to see BC have some success on the field and get back to old fashion running the football and playing good D.  Very promising looking prospect with great size and power, tough kid, will be one to watch as the season goes on for sure, see if he can keep up this hard aggressive running.

*David Long Jr SOPH LB West Virginia: What a game by him, was all over the field making impressive tackles.  Lacks of a lot ideal things physically and is pretty small, but uses his quickness and speed well and is a very solid tackler when he gets the chance.  Had some injury issues earlier in the year but had a standout game for sure this week.  Extremely productive even with an odd DL front ahead of him most of the time.  

*CJ Conrad JR TE Kentucky: Mentioned him earlier in the year, really like watching him block as a tight end.  Very big strong kid that is a beast as a blocker, wish he did some more things in the passing game but if he continues to improve and dominate as a blocker like this he will easily have a spot at the next level, very interesting talent I think with a lot of upside.

*Brandon Peters RS FR QB Michigan: Liked him a lot in the past few spring games, the redshirt FR finally got his chance and made the most of it.  Made some good solid passes but was greatly helped by a solid running game overall.  Gave the team a lot of life and energy at home though, as long as he can take care of the football he could be the man from here on out.  Really nice looking prospect, nice pro style QB with a lot of upside, see if he can finally be the answer at that position.

*AJ Green SOPH CB Ok State: Mentioned him last week and stood out again this week. What a big time athlete at corner, very smooth out there and has very good length and ball skills.  Is quite comfortable in coverage and is moving up my draft board for sure as a sophomore corner.  Is potentially a 1st round guy if he keeps developing, really has come on strong I think especially lately.

*Harrison Phillips RS JR DT Stanford: Played like a 1st round pick in that game, outstanding production from a NT spot, really like his motor and activity like I have said before.  That Stanford defense is below par I feel, especially in that front seven, not many playmakers and Phillips gets doubled almost all the time, still can fight through that and make plays.  Really nice looking talent and if he comes out early no way he falls past the 2nd but most likely will be a 1st rounder by the end of the season if he comes out.  

*Marcus Keyes SOPH OG Ok State: Really like the athletic ability he brings from his OG spot, really active guard who moves well and blocks well on the move.  Was very key to that improved run game and pass protection that is for sure.  Nice looking talent and could be a very interesting prospect in a few years.

*Josh Allen JR QB Wyoming: Nice to see a great game from him, they had 42 points at half time and Allen made a lot of impressive throws.  He should have been doing this all season but clearly the inexperience of that offense in general hurt and the lack of a running game.  Super talented though and this is what he should do from here on out.  So many options with him from under center in the I formation with his ability to role out and create big plays off simple play action.  Was not recruited as a D1 guy out of high school, really has grown a lot over the past few years on the field and if he can keep up this level of production he could come out early for the draft after a very slow and disappointing start to the season.  Is bigger than any of the other top QB prospects, is as athletic as any of them outside of Jackson and is better at throwing on the move than probably all of them as well.  Just nice to see him back to normal and many traits he has some of the others do not.

*Kyzir White SR S West Virginia: Really like his toughness at safety, really is a good hitter and could be a great special teams play potentially.  Brings a lot of toughness and attitude, would be surprised to see him not drafted late in the up coming draft, teams might even want to make him a coverage linebacker as well.

*Baker Mayfield SR QB Oklahoma: Out of all the so called 'elite' QBs in the nation this year, Mayfield has so far been the most consistent in terms of productive and consistent in terms of actually winning football games and performing in difficult situations.  Was not going up against a great defense that is for sure, but kid is extremely accurate and love the attitude and energy he brings to the game.  Be really curious how it all plays out because could really argue he is a 1st round talent as are about 4-5 other QBs in the nation, doubt that many actually are picked that high but will see.  Has played well despite not having a marquee running back or real experienced receivers outside of Andrews, does benefit from a very good OL however that really helps.

*JD King FR RB Ok State: Had a really good game once Hill went out for that little bit.  Very productive game for him, nice compact back who runs hard and can make some big plays with his speed in the open field.  For a freshman I like how he is built, be interesting how he does as the season goes on.  

*Kelvin Harmon SOPH WR NC State: Kid is a big time receiver prospect, gets better and better each week.  Great jump ball receiver that can really got up and get the football.  Nice size and speed as well, is really rising this year and becoming one of the elite SOPH WRs in the nation for sure.  

*Te'von Coney JR OLB Notre Dame: Very nice active linebacker, has had flashes at times but has been quite productive of late.  Good athletic player who can make plays in space and make plays behind the line of scrimmage.  

*Josh Adams JR RB Notre Dame: Had another great game behind that very good offensive line, really productive player having some monster games.  Has been good since late his freshman year, good big play ability and his character is outstanding.  Need to watch him more, not sure how elite he is in terms of making people miss in the open field, but if Notre Dame continues on this roll he will be very key in that as the year goes on.  

*J.T. Barrett SR QB Ohio State: Had one of his best games and actually won a big time game in his career that was not against Michigan.  Threw some very nice passes at key points in that game, but I think that Penn State team lost a ton of energy because really they had them beat a majority of the football game till late.  Still not really sold on him as a pro QB, really needs to run the ball in that offense and be a threat doing so for him to be productive.  If he got injured and his running ability was taken away he would not be that good of a QB.  Everyone says he is a great leader, three time captain but that does not always show itself on the field.  See how he does as the season goes on, still not totally sold on him or this Ohio State team in general.  Barrett seems to need absolute elite skill talent around him and usually has it, the fact at times he still cannot be productive is a major issues I feel.

*Karan Higdon JR RB Michigan: Ran very hard in this game and showed some good big play ability I thought breaking long runs.  Is slowing becoming that man in that backfield and Michigan needed a game where they could just line up and consistent run the ball all game long, that offense needed that.  Should get a majority of the carries from here on out if he can stay healthy.  

*Robert Landers SOPH DT Ohio State: Had some really nice splash plays in that game I thought, really good getting into the backfield and destroyed the guards on Penn State a few times with his quickness and penetration.  Young player, see how he develops as time goes on that is for sure.

*Tyler Vaughns FR WR USC: Showed a lot last week and played really well again this week.  Nice athlete with good strong legs and ability to run after the catch, making small grabs into big plays down field.  

*Ty Chandler FR RB Tennessee: Showed really surprising toughness as a running back I thought, very hard to bring down and should good quickness as well.  Nice productive game for him and combined with Kelly when he comes back, they have quite the hard running tandem back there.

*TJ Hockenson FR TE Iowa: Played with some great toughness in the game especially early that really set the tone.  Big strong kid with good length, should be a very interesting TE to watch along with his super impressive teammate Fant.  

Others who impressed:

Marcel Spears Jr SOPH OLB Iowa State

JJ Arcega-Whiteside JR WR Stanford

Zach Allen JR DE Boston College

Mike Edwards JR S Kentucky

KJ Hill SOPH WR Ohio State

Germaine Pratt JR OLB NC State

Terronne Prescod JR OG NC State 

Cole Walterscheid JR DE Ok State

Julian Rochester SOPH DE Georgia

Disappointed:

Will Grier JR QB West Virginia - Really did not throw the ball well at all and turned it over a ton.  Threw off balance passes and careless passes all game long, just tried to float balls and they hung to long in the air.  Was playing well this season but this was not a great game for him at all.  Still has time though and I seriously doubt he comes out early for the draft.  Had some moments later in the game that did not mean much though, needs to play better and be more consistent with football placement.

Connor McGovern SOPH C/OG Penn State - Got beat multiple times at big moments in that game.  Did not play well and really that entire OL did not play well at all, rarely gave the backs or even the QB time back there.  Were going up against a solid and super talented DL but still.  McGovern like I said before I like him more as a guard, not sure he is all that elite as a center, wish he could use his power more but at center he needs to be more athletic than he is potentially.  Not a good game for him as well as many of those other Penn State OLs.

Josh Rosen JR QB UCLA - There is so much to like about him fundementally, his mechanics and footwork in the pocket and ability to look off defenders.  Does not help Wilson the TE is gone so his success as a passer really decreased with out him the past few games that is for sure.  To Rosen's credit the running backs are nothing elite, the WRs are not either and the OL is nothing great, so he is not exactly surrounded by a lot of pro talent that is for sure.  Had moments against Washington before the injury but also made inaccurate passes at times that should be routine.  People love his mechanics and how he looks before the throw though, that is for sure, but again there are intangibles missing in his game I feel.    Is turning out to be a very average to below average season again for UCLA, would like to see him lead his team to wins but true he can only do so much.  Even if he stayed in the entire game still doubt he would have lead them to a win.  Look at the top 20 QBs in the NFL right now, all were winners in college, Rosen is what 15 W 12 L  in over two and a half years in college and missed basically half of last season and half of this season to go.  Again there are a lot of things to like but about him especially before the throw happens.  

CelebratedTinyChrysomelid-small.gif

20 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

He's a 5th year senior. 

Many of your class designations are incorrect. 

Then this in incorrect as well on the UMASS football bio for him.  http://umassathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6969

Yes Michigan, Stanford and many other teams do not even indicate if a player redshirted on a Bio, thus Peters is not a RS freshman he is a sophomore, not to mention transfer years and medical redshirts.  And ESPN and other places to get up to date college rosters, a RS year is not indicated on there.  Oh and not to mention Ryan Finley who was at Boise State for three years, two playing and one redshirt year is considered a RS JR on NC State having played two years there including this season, soon to be six years total granted a sixth year by the NCAA and graduated from Boise State.  So clearly mistakes can easily be made unless one talks about 5 players a year. 

giphy.gif

Week 10:

*Marquise Brown SOPH WR Oklahoma:  What a monster game by him, was just a blur out there, big time looking athlete with great speed.  Super quick which is typical of some of the OU receivers coming through there over the years.  Amazing performance by him, sure put 'Hollywood' on the map for the nation that is certain.  Is he can keep that up he is easily one of the most elite sophomore receivers in the nation  

*Donnie Ernsberger SR TE Western Michigan:  Super impressed by his blocking ability and versatility as a tight end.  Able to block well on the move, not a super big physically but does a very good job and could be a great HB or TE in the NFL and has improved his pass catching a lot as well.  Gives really good effort and plays hard out there, could be a great mid round draft pick and is climbing up the tight end rankings for sure, sound prospect.

*Baker Mayfield RS SR QB Oklahoma:  Guy is a big time talent and just continues to impress this season in big time games.  Will be hard pressed not to pick him in the 1st round now if he keeps playing like this.  Confident, competitive but not wild with how he plays, is accurate and precise with his passing on the move and in the pocket.  Really can see the field well and gets a variety of guys involved.  His X factors competitively make him extremely interesting at the next level, like I said last week is out playing Darnold, Rosen, Allen and even Jackson on the field with production and winning games.

*Felton Davis III JR WR Michigan State:  Really big time game for him and he really impressed I thought, much improved over last season.  Really big long kid but has a next gear most big receivers do not have, is a little thin but as a tall speed receiver he is really interesting.  Really nice looking prospect and one of the best receivers in the Big Ten, has out played a lot of big more hyped receivers in terms of production and ability after the catch.

*Joshua Jackson RS JR CB Iowa:  Amazing game by him, have brought him up a few times this season but this game really put him on the map and arguably put him into a potential 1st or 2nd round pick this year if he comes out early.  Amazing ball skills he showed and anticipation, really smooth in coverage and really reacts to the ball well in the air.  Far out played the other highly thought of corners on Ohio State, big time player with amazing coverage skills that are as good as anyone.

*Devin Singletary SOPH RB FAU:  Amazing quickness from the running back spot and is a big time threat with the ball in his hands as a pass catcher or as a rusher.  Just destroying teams running the football now that the competition has decreased, was a little disappointing against the more difficult teams early in the year but now is in full gear.  Very interesting talent and will be one of the elite running backs coming into next season I think.

*OrTre Smith FR WR South Carolina:  Physically he is extremely impressive, massive kid that is very strong and really thick.  Liked what he showed in that game and could be a super star down the road at that size, is very hard to deal with and is not just a WR in a TE body but has a little speed to him.  Still has a ways to go but worlds of potential for this young South Carolina pass catcher I think.  

*Brian Lewerke RS SOPH QB Michigan State:  Really looked good I thought, brought him up earlier in the year, is already impressive physically with his toughness and athletic ability.  Is becoming much more productive as a passer though, made some really nice throws on the move and in the pocket.  Had a great game in not so great weather, very interesting QB talent and has surprised this year with his production I think, especially after what Michigan State had last year at QB.

*Mark Andrews RS JR TE Oklahoma:  Like him and is an obvious weapon but is showing great production in big time games this year.  Such a big tall pass catcher and a great weapon at tight end.  Might sneak into the 1st round if he keeps this level of play up, but most likely he should be a really solid 2nd round pick, great looking athlete overall with a ton of upside.  Nice to see him healthy and making plays this year.

*Tony Pollard SOPH WR Memphis:  Just in terms of his return potential the kid is a NFL prospect I think.  Built kind of like a cross between a receiver and a running back, thick powerful legs and good open field runner of course.  Has nice top end speed and does some great things in the kick return game, really interesting talent and one to pay attention to down the road.  

*Noah Fant SOPH TE Iowa:  Have brought him up many times now, kid is just a super star TE prospect, great open feel speed, can separate from defenders and has such great length and overall athletic ability.  Very promising pass catcher for sure and should be a star TE prospect for next years draft if he comes out early, tons of potential with him that is for sure.

*Hayden Hurst JR TE South Carolina:  The guy is a damn impressive athlete, very fluid and quick for his size.  Still wish to see a little more production out of him but as a pass catcher from the tight end spot he is one of the best, and if he comes back for his senior year he will be one of the best tight end prospects in the nation.  Could possibly even come out early this year in a loaded class and still be drafted mid to late round.  

*Khalil Tate SOPH QB/RB Arizona:  Again only saw a little of him play but wow what a freak show athlete, amazingly quick and surprisingly strong physically.  Big time athlete and potential star RB/WR prospect at the next level, really fun to watch run with the football in his hands.  That program really needed a player to get some excitement back to the program and he is that guy.

*Alaric Jackson RS FR OT Iowa:  Impressive young tackle, really tall kid that carries his weight well, solid athletically.  Still has some work to do in pass protection but overall continues to improve and get better, was part of a great performance by that Iowa offense especially against the deep and talented Ohio State DL.  Could be one of the next great offensive lineman potentially down the road, it is possible if he continues to improve.  

*Cesar Ruiz FR OG Michigan:  Fine game by him, could be a key to the increased success with Michigan running the ball much better of late.  Very good athlete, good feet as well and is a center most likely but looked solid at guard and is an above average athlete for a guard which is interesting, nice looking talent and should be in there for the rest of the year unless he gets injured.

*Jaquan Johnson JR S Miami FL:  I need to watch more of him but he really flies all over the football field making an impact. Aggressive tackler for sure despite not being a huge safety, really interesting talent with his athletic ability and speed back there at safety.  One to watch out for especially as this season goes on, looks like he could become a fine player.

*Arden Key JR OLB/DE LSU:  Probably is his best game of the year, was all over the place getting after the QB and had multiple QB pressures, really seems to be rounding back into form and back into shape.  Is finally playing like a high 1st round pick should, if he keeps getting into shape could potentially be a 4/3 OLB if a team wants him to be with his improved conditioning.  Like I said last week, nice to see him play back like his usual self.

*Logan Woodside RS SR Toledo:  Has been around what seems like forever, never considered him some elite level QB by any means, does not have a great arm and does not really wow you.  Is very consistent though and throws on time passes and is good in the pocket making decisions.  Could easily be a late round guy potentially because of his pocket passing ability.  Still a long shot but worth a look late I think potentially.

*Jonathan Taylor FR RB Wisconsin:  Kid is having a monster season that is for sure, really interested how he does against the more elite defenses he will face as this season goes on.  Hopefully they do not run him into the ground with carries over the next two years or more.  Already has show a tendency to get injured at times, will see if he can keep up this kind of work load.  John Clay back in the day had some wildly successful years as a big back with speed for Wisconsin, then went undrafted after the injury late in his career.  Very standout season though for Taylor, has been big time, but the real tests and competition are coming up.

*Frank Herron SR DT LSU:  Had a solid game and playing back like normal, similar to many of the LSU DL who were remarkably unproductive earlier in the season.  Is a tough kid and a potential 3/4 DE I think, nice at the point of attack and has a little athletic ability to get after the passer as well.

*Andraez Williams RS FR CB LSU:  Mentioned him already this year, is probably the next great LSU defensive back.  Very good solid cover man that plays with fine technique and ball skills.  Elite talent and one of the best young corner prospect in the nation easily.  

*Chris Evans SOPH RB Michigan:  Real standout game for him, Michigan fans sure thought they would see more electric playmaking from him like this all season.  See if he can keep it up, really showed great burst and speed, made some huge runs but was against a very poor and depleted Minnesota secondary, once he got to the second level he was gone.  Not surprised Higdon had the success he did in this game, was a little surprised by Evans, again see if he can keep that up.

*Andy Isabella JR WR UMASS:  Talked about the kid already earlier this year, big time speed receiver, former track guy and it shows.  Great speed and runs pretty solid routes I think, very underrated WR talent that people should pay attention to.  Could surprise a lot of people, has had success even with the change at QB since the Ford injury.  

*Calvin Ridley JR WR Alabama:  Easy to forget how good he is as a wide receiver, is missed being wide open almost on a game by game basis.  Would be far more productive in a different system with a more natural passer at QB.  Runs great routes, can start and stop with ease, sets up defensive backs and has a next gear after the catch.  Is a 1st round prospect easily and I have him rated as one since he was a freshman.  

*JK Scott SR P Alabama:  Not often talk about a punter, but to have only one punt returned on him all season because of the height he gets on the ball is insane.  Wish he was better at pinning the ball inside the 20 at times, but in terms of distance punting the kid is a star and is one of the best punters to come out arguably in a long time.  Is worth a mid to late round pick I think with his ability, oh and he is around 6-5, has been good for a very long time on Bama.

*Bryan Edwards South Carolina: Was a stud last year and there is so much to like about him physically, so strong and solid as a pass catcher.  Hard to move and is good in short routes and in traffic.  Good strong hands and consistent catcher, can take physical hits as well and provide a lot of toughness as well. Very promising receiver prospect with a lot of upside as a physical tough pass catcher who knows how to get open.

*Jonathan Ward SOPH RB Central Michigan:  Very promising talent as a runner and as a pass catcher, electric with the ball in his hands.  Makes big plays and runs look easy, very dangerous weapon out of the backfield and is a nice looking prospect.  Good combo of speed and quickness, with a little daylight ahead of him he can take it the distance, be one to watch as the years go on.

*Quintez Cephus SOPH WR Wisconsin:  Really interesting athlete and is by far the most dangerous and electric pass catcher on Wisconsin.  Too bad he got injured, they will really miss him for sure especially if out for the season.  Nice quickness and agility, will see how he develops come next season for sure.

*Joe Bachie SOPH ILB Michigan State:  Is all over the football field, very athletic and tough middle linebacker, part of a massive improvement on defense for them.  Interesting talent with that toughness and speed, instinctive playmaker who is always around the football it seems, is well worth paying attention to.

*Diontae Johnson SOPH WR Toledo:  Really nice looking athlete that has great agility, body control and open field speed.  Made some really nice looking catches and had the ability to make defenders miss and run away from them in space.  Interesting prospect and one to watch in the future.

*David Dowell RS SOPH S Michigan State:  Another key to that Michigan State defensive improvement, long arm safety with good anticipation and ball skills, if he improves more in the box as a tackler could become a solid mid tear safety down the road, twin brother of the linebacker on Michigan State who is a solid player as well.  David Dowell is a promising young safety for sure.

*Shane Morris SR QB Central Michigan:  Is not super surprising he is successful as a transfer from Michigan.  Showed ability at Michigan I thought, and unlike many graduate transfer QBs this year, Morris is actually playing well.  Impressive athlete and has a good enough arm, is a long shot to be drafted but will be in the conversation and should get a chance at least as a UDFA.  

Others who impressed:

Dimitir Flowers SR FB Oklahoma

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo RS SR OLB Oklahoma

Rodney Anderson RS SOPH RB Oklahoma

Mike Gesicki SR TE Penn State

Deon Cain JR WR Clemson 

Patrick Kugler SR C Michigan

Quinnen Williams RS FR DE Alabama

Tre'Quan Smith JR WR UCF

Daniel Gothard RS FR OT Georgia

Ben Bredeson SOPH OG Michigan

Donnell Stanley RS JR OG South Carolina

Disappointed:

J.T. Barrett RS SR QB Ohio State -  Sad to say but back to the old JT it seems, terrible body language throughout the game and his passing was just not good.  Has tons of weapons to throw to but made some bad mistakes that really cost them in the end.  Sadly this is more the norm for him, losing in big games than what happened last week.

Richard Lagow SR QB Indiana -  Very disappointed in his development.  At times flashes elite ability as a passer but then makes these awful throws that are intercepted or is just not accurate.  Will most likely get a chance at the next level just on height and arm talent alone, but would be lucky to be drafted if he keeps up this type of play where he cannot even be the starter game in and game out.  

DJ Chark SR WR LSU -  Really struggled on a few balls in the air and even in punt returning.  Missed out on some massive plays in that game, had some good moments and is a good player but his ball skills as a return man I some what question, totally miss read a deep ball as well and over ran it offensively.  Is hard to get in a pass catching or even throwing rhythm in that offense however with constant jet sweep action.  

Juwan Johnson RS SOPH WR Penn State -  Not impressed by his play, really needs to take it to the next level.  Does not high point the ball like he should and is not near the weapon after the catch that he should be either.  Basically once he makes the catch he is down more often than not.  With him being that big and physically strong one would expect more out of him, will see if he can continue to improve and thankfully he has some time to do that being only a RS SOPH.

44 minutes ago, LionsFan01 said:

No Khaleke Hudson?  15 tackles, 8 TFL, 3 sacks, and 1 FF. 

True, he played very well, mentioned him earlier this year.  I think he could potentially play OLB in the NFL, just put on a few more pounds already looks bigger than 205.  I do not see him as a safety playing linebacker like Pepper was last year, I think Hudson could transition into a true linebacker in the NFL, similar to Telvin Smith type, athletic linebacker who can make plays but is a little undersized.  

Then again that Minnesota offense is nothing great, the blocking is not all that good and they have almost no passing game outside of one receiver.  Overall I would say PJ Fleck has been a disappointment, sure they might say they inherited a bad football team, but no it was a 9 win football team.  The only way that would be true is if most of the good players would be freshman this year and they are not.  Almost all the productive guys were good players last year, and few if any freshman are doing anything legit on the field.  Not sure what Fleck stands for exactly in terms of X's and O's, sure be positive but he sure looks lost when things do not go well.   Just does not have the balls to call someone out it seems because that is being mean.  Not a fan of what they have done at all, not very blue collar or tough at all for a football team,  so Michigan dominating them like they did is not a super surprise.  

On 11/6/2017 at 5:12 PM, Ozzy said:

True, he played very well, mentioned him earlier this year.  I think he could potentially play OLB in the NFL, just put on a few more pounds already looks bigger than 205.  I do not see him as a safety playing linebacker like Pepper was last year, I think Hudson could transition into a true linebacker in the NFL, similar to Telvin Smith type, athletic linebacker who can make plays but is a little undersized.

Khaleke Hudson is an absolute freak. If he wants to bulk up and play LB he's 100% capable of that. He's athletic enough at his current size to play safety though, even if he is mostly playing near the LOS for Michigan.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

Ruiz was only in because Mike Onwenu was hurt. Should be back soon. Ruiz also got pulled because he completely botched a pass pro and got Peters killed. He'll be very good, but he's still learning a lot.

I'm glad you guys gave him a shot, unlike David Dawson. I love Onwenu's violence and temperament.

49 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm glad you guys gave him a shot, unlike David Dawson. I love Onwenu's violence and temperament.

I don't know if things would have worked out for Dawson even if they had tried him out. Just didn't seem like he had it in him. Big Mike still has some struggles, but has been getting a lot better. Had issues identifying things like stunts early on, but he's been mashing recently. Very bright future if he can keep the weight "down" at 350ish.

HairyBetterDeviltasmanian-small.gif

Might just be me but McGlinchey and Nelson are playing out of this world on the O-line.  They are already arguably the most talented pair of lineman on one team that play side by side in well over a decade.   Cannot recall a time were such great plays playing next to each other on the O-line that also came out in the same draft as high 1st rounders.  It is insane, and both are arguably top 10 picks if not top 5 picks.  I think McGlinchey has moved ahead of Brown as the top OT and Nelson is by far the top OG.  Great play by those guys, really is quite impressive to watch them and kind of neat to actually talk about a team where is not all about the QB.

Also have to mention Mason Cole I think now is becoming a pretty legit 1st round prospect at tackle and has out played other highly ranked tackles.  And Harrison Phillips is a very solid player and should be a 1st rounder but could be a 2nd round steal.  Termaine Edmunds is such a physical freak is going to be very hard passing up on him in the 1st round as well.  Baker Mayfield also deserves 1st round talk, has out played all of QBs eligible for the draft.  Going to try and update the mock 7 rounder this week or next.  

These guys are not far behind, all solid 2nd round picks right now potentially and some could climb into the 1st round I think if they keep playing well.

Carlton Davis Auburn CB JR
Mark Andrews Oklahoma TE RS JR 
James Daniels Iowa C JR 
Anthony Miller Memphis WR RS SR 

Archived