Black Ops 4

iknowcool

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Black Market (no lootboxes) coming today for PS4.  PC/Xbox has to wait a week which blows.

Sounds kind of like a Fortnite Battle Pass where you earn rewards as you level up.  It'll also have an item shop like fortnite where you can buy items directly. 

That is such good news. The BO3 loot boxes were absolute cancer. Only bad thing about that game

43 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Black Market (no lootboxes) coming today for PS4.  PC/Xbox has to wait a week which blows.

Sounds kind of like a Fortnite Battle Pass where you earn rewards as you level up.  It'll also have an item shop like fortnite where you can buy items directly. 

That's honestly not bad.  During the 360/PS3 days when this game was in it's heyday, the exclusive license the 360 had was at least a month or longer.  A week of exclusivity is nothing.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm only level 18.  I'm going to try to play a lot during this weekend for double XP.  Once I hit max level, I'm not going to prestige unless there's a legit reward or reason to.

Why?

The whole fun for me is progressing and completing challenges. 

Also, you unlock a TON of challenges after you prestige

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Why?

The whole fun for me is progressing and completing challenges. 

Also, you unlock a TON of challenges after you prestige

Like what?  I haven't really played CoD since Black Ops 1, so I don't even know what any of this stuff means.  Like today, there are tons of Xbox and PC players who are non-stop complaining about Sony's seven day exclusivity on some event.  I have no clue what the event even offers, all I know is that Xbox used to have exclusive rights last gen, so now it's just reversed.  I don't see why it's a big deal, CoD games have ALWAYS been like that.  What's worth grinding and progressing by prestiging for in this game? 

If I don't prestige, I can have access to every gun, equipment, perk, etc, right?  So what's the point of starting all that over again

Just now, showtime said:

Like what?  I haven't really played CoD since Black Ops 1, so I don't even know what any of this stuff means.  Like today, there are tons of Xbox and PC players who are non-stop complaining about Sony's seven day exclusivity on some event.  I have no clue what the event even offers, all I know is that Xbox used to have exclusive rights last gen, so not it's just reversed.  I don't see why it's a big deal, CoD games have ALWAYS been like that.  What's worth grinding a progressing by prestiging for in this game? 

If I don't prestige, I can have access to every gun, equipment, perk, etc, right?  So what's the point of starting all that over again

You don't "get" anything for doing challenges except calling cards, and prestiging just gets you a new emblem. I just enjoy progressing and needing to try different things to do different challenges. Without that it would just seem pointless to me

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

You don't "get" anything for doing challenges except calling cards, and prestiging just gets you a new emblem. I just enjoy progressing and needing to try different things to do different challenges. Without that it would just seem pointless to me

Okay so it's basically just like older CoD games.  Some of those calling cards and emblems are pretty cool, but I don't want to start everything over from level one just to get them.  I guess it depends on how often double XP events happen.  The game just got released and they're already doing one, so is this going to be something that happens like every other weekend? 

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Okay so it's basically just like older CoD games.  Some of those calling cards and emblems are pretty cool, but I don't want to start everything over from level one just to get them.  I guess it depends on how often double XP events happen.  The game just got released and they're already doing one, so is this going to be something that happens like every other weekend? 

Probably not quite that frequent, but yeah there will be a ton of events

Archived