Black Ops 4

iknowcool

Blackout mode needs to be addressed.  The #1 thing:  The loot system is horrendous.  Spending time opening a bag and then scrolling through the items.  Having to actually manually pick up ammo.  This game needs to take some things from Fortnite.  Ammo should automatically be picked up, weapons should be on the ground so they're easy to quickly pick up. 

The game itself is good when it actually works, but this loot issue is a pretty big deal.

45 minutes ago, showtime said:

Blackout mode needs to be addressed.  The #1 thing:  The loot system is horrendous.  Spending time opening a bag and then scrolling through the items.  Having to actually manually pick up ammo.  This game needs to take some things from Fortnite.  Ammo should automatically be picked up, weapons should be on the ground so they're easy to quickly pick up. 

The game itself is good when it actually works, but this loot issue is a pretty big deal.

Yeah, I agree that needs to be changed, and I'm sure it's a console thing, hopefully, on PC there's a much better system.

It seems like the healing might be a little too good.  Just from watching streams it looks like there's a lot of heals and they heal really quick and you can do it while on the move.  A lot of medium range fights just end up in running to cover while healing back to full(ish) health. 

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

It seems like the healing might be a little too good.  Just from watching streams it looks like there's a lot of heals and they heal really quick and you can do it while on the move.  A lot of medium range fights just end up in running to cover while healing back to full(ish) health. 

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Revive is super fast too

Both are valid concerns, and I trust that both will be balanced moving forward. Also being able to go prone and revive too. Don't agree with that too much, rather force the reviver to crouch 

49 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Considering how fast the TTK can be, I'm fine with fast heal. COD has always been about twitch reactions and fast action. 

Right, this is Cod's interpretation. As much as they're trying to get fortnite players over to Blackout, they're not necessarily just trying to be fortnite

I know this is just the life cycle of the game to be released around this time, but the Battle Royale genre has fizzled out for me.  It was a lot of fun for a couple of months, but it's just very repetitive at this point.  I will say, CoD's take on Battle Royale is much better than PUBG, but it's not something that I'm interested in playing for more than 10 minutes.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know this is just the life cycle of the game to be released around this time, but the Battle Royale genre has fizzled out for me.  It was a lot of fun for a couple of months, but it's just very repetitive at this point.  I will say, CoD's take on Battle Royale is much better than PUBG, but it's not something that I'm interested in playing for more than 10 minutes.

I'm a little more open to a new BR than you seem to be, but I think I'm going to have a hard time justifying buying a full-priced AAA game for it.

What I've played and seen of this is pretty fun. For Black Ops 3 on PC they eventually sold a "multiplayer starter pack" where you could pay a lower price ($15 I think?) for just the online multiplayer, with some restrictions (couldn't prestige, etc). I'm really hoping they do something similar with the BR on this game.

1 minute ago, James said:

I'm a little more open to a new BR than you seem to be, but I think I'm going to have a hard time justifying buying a full-priced AAA game for it.

What I've played and seen of this is pretty fun. For Black Ops 3 on PC they eventually sold a "multiplayer starter pack" where you could pay a lower price ($15 I think?) for just the online multiplayer, with some restrictions (couldn't prestige, etc). I'm really hoping they do something similar with the BR on this game.

Oh yea, $60 if you're mainly into Battle Royale would be insane.  But there's also multiplayer and zombies.  I got max level in the MP beta and while it's better than CoD's since Bo3, that's not really saying much considering games like Advanced Warfare and all that were horrible. 

The thing about PC to me is the player population.  These games are obviously more populated on console. 

Just now, showtime said:

The thing about PC to me is the player population.  These games are obviously more populated on console. 

True, but hoping that changes. Blackout will be best on PC and all the PC players will be playing it. So the normal COD dies on PC in a week might not apply to this game. 

Archived