Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

@jrry32 look I/we are tired of just being attacked, most of us all believe that if there was all this information that is now released available to Meyer in 2015 then he made some grievous errors and should be gone. 

We just want to find out what was known when before coming to a conclusion but that apparently means we are enabling domestic violence or victim blamers.  At that time was it just two contradictory stories of what happened with both being plausible explanations for the injuries?  I would prefer to err on the side of caution and start off with administrative leave until they could come to a conclusion/get the police investigation report and go from there, but that didn't happen, probably due to the Meyer's relationship to the Bruce/Smith family.  When did the text messages that seem to show Zach admitted to DV happen?  Were they ever sent to the Meyers as proof that would've ended up in his termination?

Can we just all agree that Zach Smith seems to be on his way to getting what he appears to deserve and that we need to wait until more information before we condemn Urban Meyer?

@jrry32 I'm sorry for not fully representing the facts, immediately as they should've been.  I saw the other posts at some point, I couldn't remember if you ever came out and said your position after everything came out though.  It was trying to take a page out of they way McMurphy has been reporting and it backfired.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, it doesn't. Recanted accusations are the norm in DV work. It's especially problematic with successful men who have the means to buy silence. The fact that I made it clear that I was open to changing my opinion once the video was out (or confirmation that the video proved what he said it did) disproves your point. In fact, I explained all of this in that very thread:

Looky there, you quoted my post from that same page. Odd how you didn't link us to the thread. It's almost like you didn't want to make it easy for people to see that you were being dishonest. Just in case you want the exact quote, here it is:

So what appears to be evident from this is that you believe all accused are guilty and all accusers are victims...nope...no bias whatsoever.

Just now, big poppa pump said:

So what appears to be evident from this is that you believe all accused are guilty and all accusers are victims...nope...no bias whatsoever.

Actually, I backed Jameis Winston and Zeke Elliott after looking into the facts of those cases. Strike 1.

P.S. I told Raves I was biased. Strike 2. You've only got one more strike until you're out. ;)

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

@jrry32 I'm sorry for not fully representing the facts, immediately as they should've been.  I saw the other posts at some point, I couldn't remember if you ever came out and said your position after everything came out though.  It was trying to take a page out of they way McMurphy has been reporting and it backfired.

No worries, man. I'm sure if it were Sean McVay, I'd be taking the same stance y'all are. 

53 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No worries, man. I'm sure if it were Sean McVay, I'd be taking the same stance y'all are. 

Not sure why you'd treat any instance differently whether you like the guy or not. I loathed Harbaugh prior to going to Michigan and if it were him in this situation, I'd be acting the same way. Again, this man's life and his family's life can be ruined. They deserve a fair shot to let everything come out

31 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not sure why you'd treat any instance differently whether you like the guy or not. I loathed Harbaugh prior to going to Michigan and if it were him in this situation, I'd be acting the same way. Again, this man's life and his family's life can be ruined. They deserve a fair shot to let everything come out

It's different when it's "your guy." And let me just say that I highly doubt that you'd treat things the same if it weren't a coach of one of your teams. Same goes for each and every OSU fan here defending Meyer.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You don't need to recuse yourselves, but you have to recognize your bias. It reminds me of another recent OSU-linked scandal that I referenced. I won't go deeply into the analogy because it's a forbidden topic, but people tend to back "their guy" and rationalize away things that point to guilt.

Two things, one you do realize people can subdue their biases and see the reality of situations? Second you do realize the other side has biases also?  Especially other fan bases that would love nothing more than to see Meyer burn to the ground. 

There are always two sides and there are always two biases. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Two things, one you do realize people can subdue their biases and see the reality of situations? Second you do realize the other side has biases also?  Especially other fan bases that would love nothing more than to see Meyer burn to the ground. 

There are always two sides and there are always two biases. 

That's possible in theory. It's not happening here, though. xD

Archived