Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

The way some of y'all are now trying to act as if Zach Smith didn't do anything wrong just to protect your football coach is ******* warped and basically exhibit A as to why there is such a problem everywhere on earth with domestic violence and how people, primarily men, in positions of power abuse that power and society shrugs it's shoulders because that's the expectation we have of it.

Like god damn it's a ******* sport. At least have enough of a spine regardless of if you think Urban Meyer should be fired or not it's absolutely objectively gross that any of you are now trying to position Zach Smith as having done nothing wrong so as to absolve Urban Meyer and his wife and extended staff of any and all culpability. Good lord.

None of us are trying to defend Zach Smith.  The closest that defense of Zach Smith has come was in the regards of not firing a coach without due process, which due process came back with no charges and no arrest.  Now with all the information that is laid out in 2018, which we don't know for sure what was available in 2015 as there are 0 time stamps on any of the evidence, then firing Zach Smith makes sense.  Back in 2015 it might've just looked like a toxic marriage going through a bad divorce based on the actual provable evidence made available.

We have defended Urban Meyer though for the information laid out above.  Now if Urban Meyer had the text message available where Zach Smith admitted to choking her, well that's a lot different, but do we know he had that? 

As I said before, I don't know what I would've done if I was Urban Meyer but I'll play out the scenario as I see it and try to make a judgement.  If I knew that Zach and Courtney had a bad marriage, I had tried to get them counseling in the past, and their divorce was going just as bad as their marriage did, then it would probably depend on the information provided me.  If there were only the pictures and I'm being told by my mentor's grandson that he didn't hit her, he was just trying to restrain her/get away and none of the pictures displayed direct evidence to the contrary, then I probably would let the police do their job and take my cues from their investigation.  If I had the text where Zach Smith admitted that choked he Courtney though, then I would say he would definitely have been gone as not only did he tell me that he never hit her, but there is now proof that he had.

40 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The way some of y'all are now trying to act as if Zach Smith didn't do anything wrong just to protect your football coach is ******* warped and basically exhibit A as to why there is such a problem everywhere on earth with domestic violence and how people, primarily men, in positions of power abuse that power and society shrugs it's shoulders because that's the expectation we have of it.

Like god damn it's a ******* sport. At least have enough of a spine regardless of if you think Urban Meyer should be fired or not it's absolutely objectively gross that any of you are now trying to position Zach Smith as having done nothing wrong so as to absolve Urban Meyer and his wife and extended staff of any and all culpability. Good lord.

Dude it's not about victim blaming, or absolving Zack Smith of anything.  It's about not knowing all the facts.  You guys read a couple articles on the interwebs, and you think you know about someone's life.  You have absolutely no idea, so stop acting like it.  Domestic violence is serious, and should be treated as such.  But God forbid that people have questions when there was never an arrest.  God forbid that people question an investigative reporters' motives, and thoroughness of his investigation.

As far as Meyer is concerned....what did he know?  when did he know?  and did he report it at an appropriate time?

I think there are a bunch of people (mostly OSU fans being singled out) that believe it is ridiculous for Meyer to be held responsible for what goes on in an employee's home.

There are those on the other side (many OSU haters) that feel he has a moral obligation to police the personal lives of his staff, and recommend termination accordingly.

I'm sure Urban would have done just fine with another WR coach.  I doubt Zack Smith had a hand in winning ball games.  Perhaps Urban's  relationship with his grandfather played a big role????  Maybe he believed a habitual liar, based on his closeness with the family?  If that is the worst thing he did???  He should still be terminated?

14 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

The investigation supposedly includes turning over all all cell phone/text and email records dating back to 2015. That should paint a much clearer picture as to what did (or didn't) happen. Or so I would imagine anyway. 

Hell I would be more worried about other things. Big time football coach turning over their phone. Seems like more bad could potentially come from this lol

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hell I would be more worried about other things. Big time football coach turning over their phone. Seems like more bad could potentially come from this lol

That crossed my mind as well, but I can't imagine they'd be permitted to release all it, but rather just the stuff relevant to their case. 

3 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

That crossed my mind as well, but I can't imagine they'd be permitted to release all it, but rather just the stuff relevant to their case. 

Well they've already limited the timeframe of their 'investigation' to ~2 weeks.  So there's a ton of stuff that could be interesting that they'd just blow right by if they're focusing solely on the response to Zach Smith's events in 2015 (rightly or wrongly).

40 minutes ago, buno67 said:

This is also not the NCAA but rather an internal investigation, though with some very heavy hitting and well respected legal minds.

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You really need to chill out. You’re getting overly emotional and too invested about words on a computer screen. You will never see these people typing in your life. Some advice when it comes to the internet, just let people be. You’re not going to change opinions and thoughts contrary to what some believe this site is intended for.

Do you get this upset when you read reddit? I hope not.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Dude it's not about victim blaming, or absolving Zack Smith of anything.  It's about not knowing all the facts.  You guys read a couple articles on the interwebs, and you think you know about someone's life.  You have absolutely no idea, so stop acting like it.  Domestic violence is serious, and should be treated as such.  But God forbid that people have questions when there was never an arrest.  God forbid that people question an investigative reporters' motives, and thoroughness of his investigation.

Like I've said, I bet every single one of these people e-castrated Reuben Foster as well before getting facts. It's asinine to suggest we know everything. 

I am unsurprised that a bunch of Ohio State fans are defending Urban. As I said, OSU is doing the calculus now to see if the PR headache of keeping Urban is worth it when compared to the value he brings as a winning coach. I won't be a bit surprised if they keep him. However, at least have the principles not to try and make excuses. Urban has known that the guy was a woman-beater since 2009. He's a scummy coach who wins. That'll never change. Frankly, this probably isn't even his worst sin as a coach/person.

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Like I've said, I bet every single one of these people e-castrated Reuben Foster as well before getting facts. It's asinine to suggest we know everything. 

and ill say again, this is nothing like the foster case. That was completely he said/she said. There probably shouldnt be a question if DV took place here, the only argument should be when urban knew. Hes proven to be a pos that puts winning above anything else, so im guessing pretty early on but we've gotta let it play out. 

Its only football man, in the grand scheme its not that important and regardless of if its your favorite team or not this shouldnt go without consequence. Scummy urbans already attempting to pass the buck but based on his history we should know that was gonna be the case.

32 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

and ill say again, this is nothing like the foster case. That was completely he said/she said. There probably shouldnt be a question if DV took place here, the only argument should be when urban knew. Hes proven to be a pos that puts winning above anything else, so im guessing pretty early on but we've gotta let it play out. 

Its only football man, in the grand scheme its not that important and regardless of if its your favorite team or not this shouldnt go without consequence. Scummy urbans already attempting to pass the buck but based on his history we should know that was gonna be the case.

But people still destroyed Reuben's name prior to waiting for the facts. That is where the comparison could be valid but we don't know. Why? B/c we don't have the facts. You even alluded to that. So, continue to hold your opinion of the man as the motivation for your line of thinking and I'll continue to be patient and wait. As I've said before, if it turns out Urban was in the wrong where his punishment should be getting fired, I'll deliver the boxes myself to clean his office out. Until then, I'll wait to pass judgment. 

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

But people still destroyed Reuben's name prior to waiting for the facts. That is where the comparison could be valid but we don't know. Why? B/c we don't have the facts. You even alluded to that. So, continue to hold your opinion of the man as the motivation for your line of thinking and I'll continue to be patient and wait. As I've said before, if it turns out Urban was in the wrong where his punishment should be getting fired, I'll deliver the boxes myself to clean his office out. Until then, I'll wait to pass judgment. 

Oh lookie yet another Ohio State fan defending Meyer and saying Smith is innocent.

Shame on you guys! 

Archived