Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

39 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

But people still destroyed Reuben's name prior to waiting for the facts. That is where the comparison could be valid but we don't know. Why? B/c we don't have the facts. You even alluded to that. So, continue to hold your opinion of the man as the motivation for your line of thinking and I'll continue to be patient and wait. As I've said before, if it turns out Urban was in the wrong where his punishment should be getting fired, I'll deliver the boxes myself to clean his office out. Until then, I'll wait to pass judgment. 

What facts do you not know? What needs to be confirmed in your mind?

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

What exactly did Meyer know in 2015.  Was it just allegations and he said/she said situation or did they actually have the text where he seemingly admits to choking her.  If it was just the allegations and he reported it, then he did what he needed to do, let the police investigation play out which nothing came of it, and then fired him when got in trouble again recently.  If he had the text where he said "I know!!!" then he should be fired.

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

What exactly did Meyer know in 2015.  Was it just allegations and he said/she said situation or did they actually have the text where he seemingly admits to choking her.  If it was just the allegations and he reported it, then he did what he needed to do, let the police investigation play out which nothing came of it, and then fired him when got in trouble again recently.  If he had the text where he said "I know!!!" then he should be fired.

What about the 2009 incident? And you're not bothered that Urban originally lied about 2015?

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What/How much was known then and now? Who did he tell this time around? How did he tell them if he did? Did those people do anything? What was the reasoning for keeping him on the staff w/ the rumors flying around (my guess would be police work)? Why didn't the police do anything? What do they have to say about this?  There are more too that I would like to see answered but this is a start.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What about the 2009 incident? And you're not bothered that Urban originally lied about 2015?

2009 was at Florida, it was reported, the couple agreed to counseling to try and help their marriage from what I understand of the situation.  The rest I wasn't there for and there doesn't seem to be any evidence to prove some of the other allegations that occurred then.

Depending on how you took his statements and Urban's response to 2015, although it was definitely over the top considering what we know now and his own admission, if he was referring to the report/story by McMurphy that originally had Smith being arrested for felonious assault, then it sort of understands it.  I think his actions at media day should result in at minimum a fine/required donation to a Woman's charity, up to/including a suspension for some number of games.  His conduct wasn't in accordance to the standards that a Head Coach should be held to.

34 minutes ago, Raves said:

2009 was at Florida, it was reported, the couple agreed to counseling to try and help their marriage from what I understand of the situation.  The rest I wasn't there for and there doesn't seem to be any evidence to prove some of the other allegations that occurred then.

Depending on how you took his statements and Urban's response to 2015, although it was definitely over the top considering what we know now and his own admission, if he was referring to the report/story by McMurphy that originally had Smith being arrested for felonious assault, then it sort of understands it.  I think his actions at media day should result in at minimum a fine/required donation to a Woman's charity, up to/including a suspension for some number of games.  His conduct wasn't in accordance to the standards that a Head Coach should be held to.

Urban was still the Florida HC in 2009, and Smith was on his staff. The issue here isn't that it happened at Ohio State. It's that it happened. As for Urban's comments, he lied. There's no disputing that.

43 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

What/How much was known then and now? Who did he tell this time around? How did he tell them if he did? Did those people do anything? What was the reasoning for keeping him on the staff w/ the rumors flying around (my guess would be police work)? Why didn't the police do anything? What do they have to say about this?  There are more too that I would like to see answered but this is a start.

DV is one of the most difficult things for police to do anything about. If the woman isn't ready to leave her abuser, there's often little you can do.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

But people still destroyed Reuben's name prior to waiting for the facts. That is where the comparison could be valid but we don't know. Why? B/c we don't have the facts. You even alluded to that. So, continue to hold your opinion of the man as the motivation for your line of thinking and I'll continue to be patient and wait. As I've said before, if it turns out Urban was in the wrong where his punishment should be getting fired, I'll deliver the boxes myself to clean his office out. Until then, I'll wait to pass judgment. 

we do have most if the facts, eveb thoygh you want to pretend otherwise. the onky question left is when urban knew (for a second time). hes still a pos regardless and has a long history to back that up. if you knew in 2015 or 2016 he should be fired. simple as that. 

and to be clear, you agree that if its determined meyer knew before 2017 he should be fired with no ifs/buts?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

we do have most if the facts, eveb thoygh you want to pretend otherwise. the onky question left is when urban knew (for a second time). hes still a pos regardless and has a long history to back that up. if you knew in 2015 or 2016 he should be fired. simple as that. 

and to be clear, you agree that if its determined meyer knew before 2017 he should be fired with no ifs/buts?

Enlgish please...or do you have a translator?

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

Enlgish please...or do you have a translator?

man...  it speaks volumes that you would need a translotor for that. volumes.

sorry mr wrestling fan, i have a job and im on my phone. thoughts on the actual situation?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

man...  it speaks volumes that you would need a translotor for that. volumes.

sorry mr wrestling fan, i have a job and im on my phone. thoughts on the actual situation?

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/attorney-for-zach-smith-who-the-check-and-balance-the-press-ohio-state-urban-meyer-coverage/BGwZZawl275VGiqJBmkAyH/

15 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I can't believe the amount of Ohio State fans defending Urban here, honestly. Doing the bare minimum isn't enough here. Dude should've been fired immediately, I mean at what point do we value sports over a womans life?

Seriously. 

It's not even a big deal for you guys to get rid of Urban. You guys won't miss much of a beat. 

35 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Not that simple. "Knowing" would be he's seen physical evidence. "Accusations" are something anyone can do. I think you're a woman beater. There, I just accused you. The situation becomes even more murky when you have (supposedly) two very toxic people involved. I want to know what he knew in 2015 and I'll base my thoughts off of that. Not every issue is the same so I prefer to look at everything individually.

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

Seriously. 

It's not even a big deal for you guys to get rid of Urban. You guys won't miss much of a beat. 

This is absolutely correct (more than likely). I like Urban here but it's not the end of the world if he leaves. It's still one of the most desirable jobs in CFB and there won't be a no-name hire. If he screwed up though, peace!!

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

Seriously. 

OSU will probably be fine because they've always been fine, but it's hard to imagine there not being a drop-off in some way from Urban, the second best coach in CFB, and one of the all-time greats.

Archived