Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The thing people are missing is that the reports were filed. Despite Urban not following suit.

The thing you're missing, despite it being literally the first thing I wrote in my post, was that Urban doesn't get off the hook because other people had reported this. He had an obligation. He failed to do so per the investigation that OSU did. Full stop.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The thing people are missing is that the reports were filed. Despite Urban not following suit. Courtney Smiths own mother came out and said her daughter is full of  **** and questioned the validity of her claims. The police didnt indite Zach when they knew about what was happening. The multiple occasions they were told.

My point is given Urbans tone tonight--he believes she is also full of it. Just like her own mother, the police and the other 20+ people she told who didnt report anything.

Maybe there is a reason Urban didnt report anything just like everybody else. Maybe...just maybe...its because nobody (including the police) believe anything actually happened.

*ignores that Zach's grandfather and Urban's handler convinced Courtney Smith to drop charges*

*takes the Zach Smith attorney strategy of discrediting the victim*

5 minutes ago, WeaponX said:

*ignores that Zach's grandfather and Urban's handler convinced Courtney Smith to drop charges*

Im not discrediting anything, since he did it--he is terrible and deserves everything. The point where I get confused is where the PD already knew about it and didnt file anything themselves but expect Urban to do detective work?

4 minutes ago, WeaponX said:

You realize that McMurphy has already edited his story to remove Earl Bruce as someone who visited Courtney after someone else refuted that he ever went to talk to her.  But I mean who would make up such things.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont have to. The entire Columbus police force, her own parents and 20+ other people seem to discredit her. Thats my question. Why there is so many people who already knew and nothing happened but now its a thing. If it happened then Zach is a POS and he deserves everything he gets. Including Meyer and including whoever conducted the first few investigations. There is no place for any of that--clearly. Im just honestly confused on why something that so many people  including the Columbus PD knew about and didnt find anything--now its a thing.

Reporting requirements are there for proper people to be informed so 1. They can investigate and 2. They know what is going on. Whether the allegations turn out to be bogus or not is irrelevant. How many of those 20+ had a contract with OSU that contained reporting requirements?

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not discrediting anything, since he did it--he is terrible and deserves everything. The point where I get confused is where the PD already knew about it and didnt file anything themselves but expect Urban to do detective work?

No one is saying Urban needs to do detective work. But as a coach, if you've known about his past since 2009 and you find out again in 2015 and are also aware of other incidents, why don't you fire him or even properly report him? And moreover, why do you renew his contract twice since 2015?

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Reporting requirements are there for proper people to be informed so 1. They can investigate and 2. They know what is going on. Whether the allegations turn out to be bogus or not is irrelevant.

So that they could re-open the case is what your saying?

1 minute ago, Raves said:

You realize that McMurphy has already edited his story to remove Earl Bruce as someone who visited Courtney after someone else refuted that he ever went to talk to her.  But I mean who would make up such things.

Oh ok but did someone still not talk Courtney Smith out of dropping charges? Or no?

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

So they could re-open the case is what your saying?

the University is the one with the reporting requirement I believe, not the police. The higher ups as OSU, if I'm reading this correctly, were never informed or did an investigation. Only the PD did.

Archived