Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

This is from the report

(ii) Upon seeing this report when it first came out (at about 10:17 a.m.), Brian Voltolini, who was on the practice field with Coach Meyer went to speak with him, commenting that this was “a bad article.” The two discussed at that time whether the media could get access to Coach Meyer’s phone, and specifically discussed how to adjust the settings on Meyer’s phone so that text messages older than one year would be deleted.

(iii) Our review of Coach Meyer’s phone revealed no messages older than one year, indicating that at the time it was obtained by OSU on August 2nd , Coach Meyer’s phone was set to retain text messages only for that period, as Coach Meyer and Brian Voltolini discussed. We cannot determine, however, whether Coach Meyer’s phone was set to retain messages only 15 for one year in response to the August 1st media report or at some earlier time. It is nonetheless concerning that his first reaction to a negative media piece exposing his knowledge of the 2015-2016 law enforcement investigation was to worry about the media getting access to information and discussing how to delete messages older than a year.

Well that's pretty crappy.  I didn't see that in the portion of the reports I've seen so far.  If that's the case they should've gotten the phone records from the company, and if they were unable to do so, fired him for such.

Just now, WeaponX said:

Based on the findings there, how can Ohio State state that a key finding was that if Urban Meyer ever knew, he would fire him on the spot?

How would they be able to confirm he never knew?

He's intentionally not complying with the investigation. That's fireable on it's own.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I think that if you made up your mind that Urban should've been fired before all this came out, that nothing would change your opinion regardless of the outcome of an investigation.

Based on the information before, I thought if confirmed, he should be fired.

Given what we know now and how the University reacted to it, I believe even more strongly that he should be fired and that they learned nothing.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Well that's pretty crappy.  I didn't see that in the portion of the reports I've seen so far.  If that's the case they should've gotten the phone records from the company, and if they were unable to do so, fired him for such.

I don't think phone companies keep the content of text messages only the meta data (when it was sent and by or to whom. Maybe also location data). To get deleted messages they would have to still be in the memory but hidden. There are some tech wizards that may be able to recover them but I doubt they are paying for that type of forensic investigating.

Archived