College Football 2018

plan9misfit

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t care what it takes, I want to draft Trevor Lawrence when he comes out. He has HOF level ability and will only get better as he matures and adds more muscle.

Going to be a real showdown between which franchises can tank best. They got 2 yrs to get the job done

I know we get after SL for lack of creativity, but creativity can be overrated.  Can you imagine how the guy who pitched this one to Sabin feels right now...

So guys, here’s the play we are going to run:

It’s 4th and 6 and We are going to fake a FG.  Now, we’re not going to throw it.  That’s too risky.  Once the ball is snapped, the kicker is going to fake like he’s going to kick the ball but instead of kicking it, we are going to use the kicker as the lead blocker.... you know like a fullback.  Then the holder is going to follow the lead blocking kicker.  Guaranteed first down!  Any questions?

53 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I know we get after SL for lack of creativity, but creativity can be overrated.  Can you imagine how the guy who pitched this one to Sabin feels right now...

So guys, here’s the play we are going to run:

It’s 4th and 6 and We are going to fake a FG.  Now, we’re not going to throw it.  That’s too risky.  Once the ball is snapped, the kicker is going to fake like he’s going to kick the ball but instead of kicking it, we are going to use the kicker as the lead blocker.... you know like a fullback.  Then the holder is going to follow the lead blocking kicker.  Guaranteed first down!  Any questions?

The best part was the fact that Clemson was obviously looking for the fake.

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The best part was the fact that Clemson was obviously looking for the fake.

Exactly. They lined up playing the fake. There was literally no chance for that play to have been successful. Bama should’ve taken a time out and kicked the FG.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I remember when Matt Barkley and Christian Hackenberg were no-brainer future franchise quarterbacks too. 

The kid isn’t eligible until 2021. IMO, the talk of trying to position yourself to draft him is way too early. 

Neither of the two ever destroyed a defense like Alabama though.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I remember when Matt Barkley and Christian Hackenberg were no-brainer future franchise quarterbacks too. 

The kid isn’t eligible until 2021. IMO, the talk of trying to position yourself to draft him is way too early. 

I dont know. If I am the Raiders, I start doing what the Pats did for ever.

Trade a current years first for a 2nd + a first the following year. If I cant grab a QB next year, I sell out for 2021. 

Theres no QBs this year and they arent sold on Carr.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont know. If I am the Raiders, I start doing what the Pats did for ever.

Trade a current years first for a 2nd + a first the following year. If I cant grab a QB next year, I sell out for 2021. 

Theres no QBs this year and they arent sold on Carr.

I agree. Teams who need a QB should always be on the lookout for a QB. And he really looks like he's going to be a good one. And trading for future firsts is often a great idea, regardless.

What I disagree with is completely punting on every other potential avenue of acquiring a franchise quarterback in hopes that 1) you can actually maneuver into the 1st pick in 2021 and 2) that this 19-year-old kid develops the way you hope. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

Neither of the two ever destroyed a defense like Alabama though.

Kid looks like a stud, certainly. But a year ago everyone was saying teams should wait for Tua.

Maybe they will both be great prospects come draft time. Or maybe their warts will show by then and they won't be as clear-cut as they once seemed. But either way, putting all of your eggs in the basket of a single prospect 3 drafts from now seems foolish.

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Kid looks like a stud, certainly. But a year ago everyone was saying teams should wait for Tua.

Maybe they will both be great prospects come draft time. Or maybe their warts will show by then and they won't be as clear-cut as they once seemed. But either way, putting all of your eggs in the basket of a single prospect 3 drafts from now seems foolish.

I never liked Tua as a potential NFL QB. 

Archived