NBA 2K19

showtime

You guys are nuts playing every game, I don't have the patience! I like to see different team mates, see my stats progress. If I play 82 games rookie year I'd never finish my career, and I like to try and get at least 5 years in.

Finding myself slowly get sucked into MyTeam. Never paid attention to it before, like Ultimate Madden just appeared like huge time waster that practically forces you to spend money if you really get invested into it because progress is so slow. So many cards though, basically every relevant NBA player ever, often multiple instances of them. Currently have only completed Northwestern division in domination, was using my FAs (Lebron, Kristaps and Jokic) for the last 2 games, and I had to play 3 in total because my 16 pt win against Blazers didn't get enough MP. Doug Christie (86) is my best player, have about 10-12 guys in 80-82 range. Want so bad to build like some super team and give them badges and what not, but man I know that will take ages. 

I've never played MyTeam.  I have packs just sitting there and I've never even scrolled over the game mode.

I decided to remake my pure playmaker that was only 6'2" tall.  I couldn't have more than 4 players for some reason, so I had to make it on a different gamertag.  I made this one 6'7" and it's MUCH more enjoyable.  I'm having a lot of fun with this version.  6'2" is just too little.

20 hours ago, Classic said:

How do you win games on Hall of Fame difficulty consistently? I always make it a game for 3 quarters until Kylie Lowry or Giannis goes crazy in the 4th and I lose my 30. Myleague is way to scripted

I've never played MyLeague.  I only do MyPlayer and I can win pretty consistently.  But yea, there are times where a player will go off for insane burst.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, showtime said:

So all you guys quit grinding your MyPlayer?  I'm just getting started.

I'm done with MyPlayer, but not 2k.  I'm almost exclusively a MyLeague player.  I play year round, basically.  It's the only game that never leaves my rotation, until the next edition releases. 

Disappointing, my boys.  I re-did my pure playmaker who was only 6'2".  Due to my ignorance on creating a player, I made him smaller.  The one huge advantage that pure playmakers have over almost all builds is the fact that they get to be super athletic and fast and still be tall.  I re-made him 6'7" and I'm loving it.

I'm still doing my post scorer/defender 7'3 250 lb center. In year 3, coming off 2 straight Finals MVPs and an MVP. 6 minute quarters, pro in regular season. Ramped up to all-star for first postseason, superstar for 2nd postseason, and plan on playing postseasons on HOF here on out. I probably should bump my regular season difficulty but pro let's me put up crazy numbers which then carry over in simmed games. I played the opener, simmed the next 9, and my guy is averaging 38 PPG on 70% shooting, 17 RPG, 5 BPG, 8 APG, nearly identical to my opener stats, actually a tad better. Meanwhile his overall is only 75.

It's a shame you get nothing for winning the finals, finals MVP, MVP, all-star, etc., except progression towards HOF status. No VC or fans though. So absolutely no incentive to skip games, but I want to have my guy get a good 12 seasons under his belt and then retire and I'm not playing 800+ games! 

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'm still doing my post scorer/defender 7'3 250 lb center. In year 3, coming off 2 straight Finals MVPs and an MVP. 6 minute quarters, pro in regular season. Ramped up to all-star for first postseason, superstar for 2nd postseason, and plan on playing postseasons on HOF here on out. I probably should bump my regular season difficulty but pro let's me put up crazy numbers which then carry over in simmed games. I played the opener, simmed the next 9, and my guy is averaging 38 PPG on 70% shooting, 17 RPG, 5 BPG, 8 APG, nearly identical to my opener stats, actually a tad better. Meanwhile his overall is only 75.

It's a shame you get nothing for winning the finals, finals MVP, MVP, all-star, etc., except progression towards HOF status. No VC or fans though. So absolutely no incentive to skip games, but I want to have my guy get a good 12 seasons under his belt and then retire and I'm not playing 800+ games! 

Is post scoring your primary archetype and defense your secondary?

Once you level your guy up, you'll be able to change your roster (the positions, minutes, free agency, etc).  I believe you have to be a 90 overall in order to do those things and you're really not that far off.  I have a friend who made her player and she grinding it up when he was like a 65 overall.  She's now a 91 overall, so you can do it.

So my myplayer I’m playing on the Lakers. I asked our GM to go out and get us some more talent.  The Lakers traded KCP, Kuzma and some drafts picks to the Bucks for Kris Middleton.  Starting lineup now looks like this:  

Ball

Middleton

Ingram

Lebron

Me

Were dominating.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So my myplayer I’m playing on the Lakers. I asked our GM to go out and get us some more talent.  The Lakers traded KCP, Kuzma and some drafts picks to the Bucks for Kris Middleton.  Starting lineup now looks like this:  

Ball

Middleton

Ingram

Lebron

Me

Were dominating.

Where is Corey Harris at SG?