Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yep, it's terrible. But that list should get rounded out with cut downs and what not. Probably not gonna be a 1 offseason build process.

How long is the Rodgers window open?   At some point, I would like to push for some moves for the NOW vs the future.  

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

How long is the Rodgers window open?   At some point, I would like to push for some moves for the NOW vs the future.  

Realistically I think you plan for four more years of Rodgers. 

The question then becomes do you push it all towards the middle of the table or do we consolidate assets and try and get that next guy? In 2021 do you draft a QB and let him sit behind Rodgers?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Realistically I think you plan for four more years of Rodgers. 

The question then becomes do you push it all towards the middle of the table or do we consolidate assets and try and get that next guy? In 2021 do you draft a QB and let him sit behind Rodgers?

I agree with that.  So if it is 4 years, then pushing in sooner vs later would be my vote.  2019 is 1 less year, factor in some time for those rookies to develop, now it is down 1 more.  

Certainly some big boy decisions that need to be made.  

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Matthews and Cobb aren't the future... we're talking about cutting future money... not past money, future money... and two first round draft picks or more. A team wins the super bowl, not two players...

Not really, a good QB paired with a good defense wins SBs, and the best way to have a good defense in the passing era is to be deep in the secondary with a good rush package. Two things we'd have plenty of with Mack, Perry, Daniels, Clark, Alexander, King, Jackson, HHCD, Jones, Brice. Anything you get long-term from Adams, Lowry, Looney, Fackrell, Biegel, Odom or Gilbert is just added gravy.

You can always find  vet depth cheap, right now we could add Breeland, Scandrick, Dumervil, Bowman, Brooks, Reid, etc. That isn't some rare occurrence either.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Not really, a good QB paired with a good defense wins SBs, and the best way to have a good defense in the passing era is to be deep in the secondary with a good rush package. Two things we'd have plenty of with Mack, Perry, Daniels, Clark, Alexander, King, Jackson, HHCD, Jones, Brice. Anything you get long-term from Adams, Lowry, Looney, Fackrell, Biegel, Odom or Gilbert is just added gravy.

You can always find  vet depth cheap, right now we could add Breeland, Scandrick, Dumervil, Bowman, Brooks, Reid, etc. That isn't some rare occurrence either.

You've got a lot of faith that these rookies aren't going to be Randall and Rollins. 

52 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adding Mack hampers my ability to fix the secondary in the future. 

If we don't sign him I've got 20 million and 2 first round picks to add a DB and a pass rusher. 

If that secondary sucks were effed anyways. With or without Mack. That's 4 top 50 picks wasted. That's the kind of thing that sets franchises back.

You can't sit there and worry about it, if we have to use more of these top picks on the secondary the other holes get deeper and deeper. 

Show the young guys some confidence, coach them into players and add the best pass rusher in the NFL to make them look even better.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You've got a lot of faith that these rookies aren't going to be Randall and Rollins. 

As I said earlier, if they are it is over before we started anyway and I might as well add Mack to try and go down swinging. Hell hot Rodgers almost did it with Gunter and bad Randall. These guys aren't going to be worse.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yep, I think this upcoming class is much deeper and more talented in the defensive front 7. 

Still you're looking at the Clark's/Perry's of the draft, Bosa, Oliver, Ferrell, unless Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers go down, those guys are loooong gone. I'd trade prime Clark and Perry for Mack without even thinking.

You don't really get top pass rushers outside the top 16. Just good players.

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not really, a good QB paired with a good defense wins SBs

Then lets trade Adams and Bak to the Raiders to get Mack... win-win for everyone. We got a QB, defense and a Super Bowl, they get talent back. It's a win-win, since all we need is QB and defense. JUST WIN BABY!

just-win-baby.jpg

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Still you're looking at the Clark's/Perry's of the draft, Bosa, Oliver, Ferrell, unless Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers go down, those guys are loooong gone. I'd trade prime Clark and Perry for Mack without even thinking.

Yep, if they don't have star power name, then they're no good to us... just like GM Daniel Snyder, GM Jerry Jones and the 2011 dream team eagles

Just get one more star player and super bowls are coming, screw the DTs, we don't need to stop the run... edge is the only thing that matters

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There are a lot more options than just 3 guys... there is talented pass rushers following to the 2nd round... of course they're considered nothing like Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels because all not all-stars with a super hype name have been considered nobodies in this give anything and everything up for Mack craziness. 

Plus assuming the Packers get the 25th and 30th overall selection, in theory the could put them together and get up into the 9th pick, and put the 2nd rounder and then maybe top 6th overall, which might sound crazy but it might be a lot more likely to happen the Mack.

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

Archived