Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

This thread just won't die.  The media keeps fanning the flames as well.  Forget about Mack he's not coming to GB.  Put this discussion on par with day dreaming about what to do once you win the lottery.  Considering his contract demands and the sacrifice we would have to make in terms of draft picks not sure it would be a good idea anyway.

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Still you're looking at the Clark's/Perry's of the draft, Bosa, Oliver, Ferrell, unless Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers go down, those guys are loooong gone. I'd trade prime Clark and Perry for Mack without even thinking.

You don't really get top pass rushers outside the top 16. Just good players.

Worse case the Packers pick 30th and 32nd. That'll get them up to 12.  

7 hours ago, Beast said:

Yep, if they don't have star power name, then they're no good to us... just like GM Daniel Snyder, GM Jerry Jones and the 2011 dream team eagles

Just get one more star player and super bowls are coming, screw the DTs, we don't need to stop the run... edge is the only thing that matters

You take everything I say an exaggerate it to an dumb extreme.

If you want to actually have an educated debate let me know.

3 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Worse case the Packers pick 30th and 32nd. That'll get them up to 12.  

So we can trade 30&32 for a shot at Ferrell, but not Mack? What sense does that make? Trade your draft equity for an unproven commodity and pass on someone with a pro ceiling that's higher than any EDGE in the draft?

37 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

30th and 32nd isnt getting mack. 3 1sts and a player or possibly 4 1sts. Different story if GB wasnt drafting at the end of the 1st.

I don't buy that. Mack isn't a QB. Raiders want that they can fork over the money or let him rot. No one is giving more than a franchise tag cost for a non QB.

1 hour ago, Kenrik said:

30th and 32nd isnt getting mack. 3 1sts and a player or possibly 4 1sts. Different story if GB wasnt drafting at the end of the 1st.

If he was a 2nd year player on a team friendly deal or just signed an extension that was team friendly I would agree with you. In his current situation? He isn't worth near that. This isn't Madden. 

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't buy that. Mack isn't a QB. Raiders want that they can fork over the money or let him rot. No one is giving more than a franchise tag cost for a non QB.

Honestly I think it costs less than the 2 1sts it would take if they signed him to the tag. 

46 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

What number will Khalil Mack wear in Green Bay?  

He will get a new LED screen uniform that displays his current weight as his number.  So at the end of the second quarter, when he has been running around and sweating, his number will be lower than when he comes back out from halftime and rehydrates and has a snack.

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

This thread just won't die.  The media keeps fanning the flames as well.  Forget about Mack he's not coming to GB.  Put this discussion on par with day dreaming about what to do once you win the lottery.  Considering his contract demands and the sacrifice we would have to make in terms of draft picks not sure it would be a good idea anyway.

Only way it doesn't work is if Raiders simply refuse to trade Mack, period. That stance becomes less and less likely every day he continues to hold out. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Exactly. Two first round picks for any non-QB is a major haul all things considered. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You're right an elite QB would be demanding 3 top 10 picks. Elite pass rusher is the 2nd most important position in the league. You're not getting Mack with two late 1st rounders.

Just now, Kenrik said:

You're right an elite QB would be demanding 3 top 10 picks. Elite pass rusher is the 2nd most important position in the league. You're not getting Mack with two late 1st rounders.

You have no nothing to go on other than opinion. Jared Allen got traded after leading the NFL in sacks in the same circumstances and age Mack is now for a 1,3,3,6 which I'd argue is worth less than a 1,1. 

If Khalil Mack gets dealt he's not going for more than two 1s. No team can afford more than that. I can't remember any non QB going for more than a single 1st in the last decade, let alone 3 or more 1sts.

Also they aren't late 1sts. Has the draft order been set? They are 1sts with a lower chance to be a top pick than say the Browns or Jets. Weird stuff happens in the NFL every year, injuries are completely unpredictable. 

Archived