Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Simply put, Raiders aren't trading him unless some team over pays.

If it happens, then this might be the next Herschel Walker, Robert Griffin III or Mike Ditka all in for Rickey Williams trade...

Almost in every case, putting all your resources in a single basket and trading it away for a single player has backfired.

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Simply put, Raiders aren't trading him unless some team over pays.

If it happens, then this might be the next Herschel Walker, Robert Griffin III or Mike Ditka all in for Rickey Williams trade...

Almost in every case, putting all your resources in a single basket and trading it away for a single player has backfired.

You have way more faith I'm Gruden being a smart, rational football mind and not acting on his pettiness and  arrogance than I do.

Trading 2 1s for a non QB that wants 22M is insane. For that amount of cap and draft currency, you could rebuild a whole defense.

Would you rather have;

Option 1-

K Mack for 22M

Option 2

Malcom Butler-13

Muhammed Wilkerson 5

2 firsts- Likely contributors, maybe even high impact

It is a no brainer

7 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Trading 2 1s for a non QB that wants 22M is insane. For that amount of cap and draft currency, you could rebuild a whole defense.

Would you rather have;

Option 1-

K Mack for 22M

Option 2

Malcom Butler-13

Muhammed Wilkerson 5

It is a no brainer

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less inclined I am to part with those 1st-rounders AND pay him what he wants. It would be different if we were signing him to a megadeal in free agency and could use those prized rookie contracts to shore up other areas. Giving up valuable assets in addition to a huge chunk of our cap seems more and more like a bad idea.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You have way more faith I'm Gruden being a smart, rational football mind and not acting on his pettiness and  arrogance than I do.

So far this might be more Reggie McKenzie than Gruden... the Raiders were in this exact situation last year with OT Donald Penn (before Gruden) and the Raiders refused to talk contract until he showed up to camp, which so far are been the case this year. So this could be McKenzie and not Gruden.

18 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I thought it was super serious ?

Either way, 50 pages or its a bust

Na, a team trading away their franchise player while in their prime? That's not serious...

Wait, I thought it was 100 pages or bust? now only 50?

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Would you rather have;

Option 1-

K Mack for 22M

Option 2

Malcom Butler-13

Muhammed Wilkerson 5

It is a no brainer

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less inclined I am to part with those 1st-rounders AND pay him what he wants. It would be different if we were signing him to a megadeal in free agency and could use those prized rookie contracts to shore up other areas. Giving up valuable assets in addition to a huge chunk of our cap seems more and more like a bad idea.

Amen, but I'd give up one of the first rounders and another draft pick or two that wasn't a 1st rounder.

also, do I want butler or is Adams just that good? :)

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I completely agree and that's what I've been saying this whole time. But somehow those draft picks have been considered nothing because something bad might happen, but Mack is guaranteed to be all pro every year.

I just want the same measuring stick to be applied to both hypotheticals... if you're going to assume perfection then assume perfection for both sides. If you assume disaster then assume disaster for both sides. 

If you fail to use the same measuring stick then one is biased, and we've gotten a lot of that where the big named gets hyped biased.

I agree and have been pointing out the 2 first round picks are far from guarantees to being hits and long term highly productive players.  Recent examples are prime evidence of that being a reality

Would you rather have;

Option 1-

K Mack for 22M

Option 2

Malcom Butler-13

Muhammed Wilkerson 5

It is a no brainer

I wouldn't make the trade either but to call someone insane for making that trade is crazy!

Draft picks dont rebuild a defensive. Good draft picks do. GB has drafted a defensive player with their first pick the past 7 years. Pick any of those two that you would take instead of Mack. 

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree and have been pointing out the 2 first round picks are far from guarantees to being hits and long term highly productive players.  Recent examples are prime evidence of that being a reality

That's the point. Reggie knows this too.

Would you rather have;

Option 1-

K Mack for 22M

Option 2

Malcom Butler-13

Muhammed Wilkerson 5

It is a no brainer

Agreed, give me Khalil Mack.

Archived