Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Now you answer why he is worth $22m per

I don't think he is worth $22 but $20 would make him the highest paid.  I think he is dominating enough as an edge rusher that with Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Mack, Perry, and Matthews the line would be the best in the league.  

21 minutes ago, cannondale said:

He doesn't dominate games. Therefore, I don't think he should be paid like he does.

You've been watching GB defense for too long. You forgot what a dominant defensive player looks like. The next thing, you'll be comparing him to Nick Perry. If Mack isn't worth $20 mil, Nick Perry isn't worth $10 mil. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You've been watching GB defense for too long. You forgot what a dominant defensive player looks like. The next thing, you'll be comparing him to Nick Perry. If Mack isn't worth $20 mil, Nick Perry isn't worth $10 mil. 

JJ Watt is the closest thing I've seen to dominating as it gets (recent memory). Where has that gotten the Texans ?? 

It wasnt even enough to elevate that defense to elite status. That says something.

I'm not saying Mack wont get paid. I'm not even saying he isn't worth it when you compare him to other players. I'm saying from a team building standpoint, it's not money well spent

12 minutes ago, cannondale said:

In 2011 Rodgers won the MVP while the defense was setting all time records for futility. We as Packer fans have seen more than enough to know that argument doesnt hold water

No defense with Khalil Mack, Nick Perry, Clay Matthews, Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Wilkerson, Martinez, Tramon and HHCD is setting any futility record, it's not even worth comparing.

Just now, cannondale said:

JJ Watt is the closest thing I've seen to dominating as it gets (recent memory). Where has that gotten the Texans ?? 

It wasnt even enough to elevate that defense to elite status. 

I'm not saying Mack wont get paid. I'm not even saying he isn't worth it when you compare him to other players. I'm saying from a team building standpoint, it's not money well spent

Every defensive player you can come up with, the response will be the same -- that team doesn't have Aaron Rodgers. For a team like the Jets, it would be very dumb to go after Khalil Mack. Because yes, if the Jets add Khalil Mack, and pair him with the current state of their team and a rookie QB, the difference in win percentage will probably be nominal. That's not where we are. We are a play-maker away from either going to the Super Bowl or losing in the divisional round. Mack is a premier play-maker. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

No defense with Khalil Mack, Nick Perry, Clay Matthews, Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Wilkerson, Martinez, Tramon and HHCD is setting any futility record, it's not even worth comparing.

Never said that. Just answering your comment.

My JJ Watt post is the best way I can explain it from my perspective.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

That's fair.  I don't disagree but this team is pretty well built with a depth issue at Edge.  If Mack came in @ $80 for 4 years and the Packers won 2 super bowls with him would that make it worth it.  So many times we complain that the organization just won't do enough to put the team over the top.  Now we have a hypothetical chance and the argument is against it.

Just now, cannondale said:

Get ready for, "The Texans didn't have Aaron Rodgers." 

To which I would respond, "Mack is not Watt."

To which they'd respond, "Mack and Rodgers is better than Watt and anything the Texans had."

To which I would respond, "Watt's deal never goes higher than 17.5 million a year, the Texans didn't have to PAY an Aaron Rodgers, and even WITH Watt, the Texans were 10th, 6th, 24th and 10th in points against, so even having Watt wouldn't guarantee our defense would be a great unit."

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Texans defense was great when Watt was health. They've been QB'd by Matt Schaub, Ryan Mallet, TJ Yates, Brian Hoyer, Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Their defense was 7th ranked both of his best years.

At least compare apples to apples.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Every defensive player you can come up with, the response will be the same -- that team doesn't have Aaron Rodgers. For a team like the Jets, it would be very dumb to go after Khalil Mack. Because yes, if the Jets add Khalil Mack, and pair him with the current state of their team and a rookie QB, the difference in win percentage will probably be nominal. That's not where we are. We are a play-maker away from either going to the Super Bowl or losing in the divisional round. Mack is a premier play-maker. 

I totally disagree with this. The Jets are on the first year of their 5 year window with a QB on a rookie deal who could be legit. This is exactly what they should be doing

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

To which they'd respond, "Mack and Rodgers is better than Watt and anything the Texans had."

To which I would respond, "Watt's deal never goes higher than 17.5 million a year, the Texans didn't have to PAY an Aaron Rodgers, and even WITH Watt, the Texans were 10th, 6th, 24th and 10th in points against, so even having Watt wouldn't guarantee our defense would be a great unit."

They were 7th and 7th according to pro football reference in JJ's two dominant years. No idea where your numbers came from, but if you're using years he was hurt or still developing kind of pointless.

Just now, JBURGE said:

I totally disagree with this. The Jets are on the first year of their 5 year window with a QB on a rookie deal who could be legit. This is exactly what they should be doing

Too early. You have no idea whether Darnold is Carson Wentz or Ryan Leaf. You make a move for a guy like Mack when you're knocking on the door, not when you first discovering whether you even have a QB. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Watt's deal is all relative to the timing. Donald just got what, $24 mil a year? What would Watt get tomorrow? 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Texans defense was great when Watt was health. They've been QB'd by Matt Schaub, Ryan Mallet, TJ Yates, Brian Hoyer, Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Their defense was 7th ranked both of his best years.

At least compare apples to apples.

Your every post mentions QB's. That's not the discussion. Of course Rodgers is worth QB money. I'm saying Mack isnt.

Archived