Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Reggie White made 17 million over 4 years with the Packers.  The salary cap in 1994 was 34.6 million so White accounted for 12.2% of the cap.  That was a lot of money to spend on a guy that was 8 years into his career.  20 million against today's cap is about 11% so it really wouldn't be that bad in comparison and Mack has only played 4 years.

8 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Reggie White made 17 million over 4 years with the Packers.  The salary cap in 1994 was 34.6 million so White accounted for 12.2% of the cap.  That was a lot of money to spend on a guy that was 8 years into his career.  20 million against today's cap is about 11% so it really wouldn't be that bad in comparison and Mack has only played 4 years.

Mack probably has 50% of the impact White had, so 10 million. Now I could be on board with that.

This is going to be interesting to watch now and in the future. I think defensive players bold enough to want QB money are gonna be allowed to walk

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Mack probably has 50% of the impact White had, so 10 million. Now I could be on board with that

In Reggie White's 1st 4 years with Green Bay he had exactly 41.5 sacks and 175 tackles.  In Mack's first 4 years he has had 40.5 sacks and 231 tackles.  That is as much impact as White had when the Packers brought him in.   

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

In Reggie White's 1st 4 years with Green Bay he had exactly 41.5 sacks and 175 tackles.  In Mack's first 4 years he has had 40.5 sacks and 231 tackles.  That is as much impact as White had when the Packers brought him in.   

Reggie cost how many pics though on top of his salary? If we were signing him as an FA heck go all in but pics too that’s a steep price and a huge part of the problem. The raiders will want at least 2 firsts I know I would. 

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

Reggie cost how many pics though on top of his salary? If we were signing him as an FA heck go all in but pics too that’s a steep price and a huge part of the problem. The raiders will want at least 2 firsts I know I would. 

#Buzzkiller

5 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Ok - not sure many would agree with Mack being the impact White was

I just don’t understand how if the front office can make this happen the fans wouldn’t want it?

Weve had bad defenses and wanting big changes since 2011. 8 seasons guys...almost a decade. If we can acquire Mack with our new changes we should AT LEAST be top 10.

Aaron Rodgers and a top 10 defense? Come on...that’s easily Super Bowl worthy. Why so much hate?

2 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I just don’t understand how if the front office can make this happen the fans wouldn’t want it?

Weve had bad defenses and wanting big changes since 2011. 8 seasons guys...almost a decade. If we can acquire Mack with our new changes we should AT LEAST be top 10.

Aaron Rodgers and a top 10 defense? Come on...that’s easily Super Bowl worthy. Why so much hate?

My thoughts as well.  It's not my money they are using.  

48 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Mack probably has 50% of the impact White had, so 10 million. Now I could be on board with that.

This is going to be interesting to watch now and in the future. I think defensive players bold enough to want QB money are gonna be allowed to walk

In other words, you think Khalil Mack is basically as impactful as Nick Perry. 

18 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Because people are ****ting their pants that 5 years from now we might not be able to sign/resign a guy who will likely have 1/4 (at best) of the impact on our team that Mack would. It's quite hilarious. 

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Because people are ****ting their pants that 5 years from now we might not be able to sign/resign a guy who will likely have 1/4 (at best) of the impact on our team that Mack would. It's quite hilarious. 

The data has proven that impactful rookies are far fewer than established veterans. Of course you can draft a guy in the top 3 rounds that will become a high quality starter, but who are we going to draft that’s as good as Mack?

Nobody. 

Let’s get this done.

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You don't win in the NFL by paying players what they're worth.

If there was a WAR stat in football, Mack would undoubtedly be a super start level non-QB. 

But when you start dividing that WAR by dollars you have a more questionable value. There's no non-QB in the league with a WAR value more than 2. 

The draft picks are where you can really capitalize on that WAR to dollar ratio.

4 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

The data has proven that impactful rookies are far fewer than established veterans. Of course you can draft a guy in the top 3 rounds that will become a high quality starter, but who are we going to draft that’s as good as Mack?

Nobody. 

Let’s get this done.

You can't imagine any scenario where you get more value out of 25 million in cash and two first round picks?

Archived