EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

13 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Do ya'll's table predictions change with van Dijk's injury?

No. Im not seeing any real dropoff. Gomez is a great player. And every other team seems to be having injury issues as well. 78 muscle injuries so far. Up 42% over last year. Was just reading an article on that.

https://theathletic.com/news/premier-league-injury-updates-latest/LnlJvn9gPLL5

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No. Im not seeing any real dropoff. Gomez is a great player. And every other team seems to be having injury issues as well. 78 muscle injuries so far. Up 42% over last year. Was just reading an article on that.

Really? I think there’s a huge drop off and don’t rate Gomez.

19 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:
2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I agree with that, I think Gomez isn't bad, but the drop off from VVD to Gomez is definitely pretty large and that's more how good VVD is than anything.

21 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Every team is plagued by injuries right now. Liverpool for me. They go from the most talented starting lineup in the world to maybe 2nd. Worst case 3rd. Thats just not much drop off to me. Theyre still hunting for titles.

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Every team is plagued by injuries right now. Liverpool for me. They go from the most talented starting lineup in the world to maybe 2nd. Worst case 3rd. Thats just not much drop off to me. Theyre still hunting for titles.

I’m not saying they won’t be challenging for top of the table but I don’t think they’ll beat out Man City, who’s defense looks a lot better with Dias.

Big fan of Leeds today.

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Do ya'll's table predictions change with van Dijk's injury?

Possibly City favourites now, but I wouldn't be surprised if LFC still end up winning it. I don't trust City though, there's another inexplicable 5-2 coming somewhere.

Man United are terrible, I don't trust Chelsea's ability to keep goals out, Everton will begin losing games, Arsenal are Arsenal

Edited by Hunter2_1

City are a strange one.

For all the dirty money they spend, they still don't seem able to get the real top level striker.

Aguero is obviously gifted, but he has real injury problems and beyond him there's a real dropoff in talent to lead the line.

I'm surprised they haven't broken the transfer record every season or so on the best in the world. They're the only team that can afford to.

5 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

City are a strange one.

For all the dirty money they spend, they still don't seem able to get the real top level striker.

Aguero is obviously gifted, but he has real injury problems and beyond him there's a real dropoff in talent to lead the line.

I'm surprised they haven't broken the transfer record every season or so on the best in the world. They're the only team that can afford to.

They have put all their trust in Gabriel and idk if he'll be the answer but his advanced metrics are pretty awesome. I've heard they're interested in Lautaro Martinez but I don't know if he'll be as prolific as people think he'll be.