Will Teddy Bridgewater ever be a starting QB again?

SteelKing728

21 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Yep 2019 starting QB for New England.

Has Brady announced he is retiring after this season?

In answer to the question, I see Bridgewater becoming something in between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith....meaning, a limited QB who can have some success here and there, but is largely a product of the talent around him.       IMO, he will either become a stop gap starter like Fitzpatrick or just a decent starter like Alex Smith.    I dont see him ever being a bonafide franchise QB....but he is still fairly young, so who knows.  

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Has Brady announced he is retiring after this season?

Brady is signed through 2019 and just received a $5 million incentive bonus for 2018 if he finishes top five in a bunch of passing categories and wins the Super Bowl. If Brady reaches his incentives then he will still barely be tied for tenth highest paid QB in 2018. It's looking more and more like he is going to retire after this year, and feels like a foregone conclusion it will be his last season if the Pats were to win the Super Bowl if you ask me.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Brady is signed through 2019 and just received a $5 million incentive bonus for 2018 if he finishes top five in a bunch of passing categories and wins the Super Bowl. If Brady reaches his incentives then he will still barely be tied for tenth highest paid QB in 2018. It's looking more and more like he is going to retire after this year, and feels like a foregone conclusion it will be his last season if the Pats were to win the Super Bowl if you ask me.

He is 41. He could retire at any time.... No argument there. However, he is still playing at a high level. If he doesn't win a Superbowl this year, and he is still playing at a high level, I could see him playing another year or two. Time will tell, I guess.

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

I think he'll get a chance especially with the Jets given their very ? QB situation. Guy's got talent, if healthy he can be a decent #1 NFL QB

Doubtful.  Darnold would have to fall off completely these next two weeks or Bridgewater would just have to light it up.  Both of which are unlikely which means Darnold will likely get the nod week 1.

Bridgwater is trade bait at this point.  First QB injury and Bridgewater becomes a hot commodity due to his early preseason play (showing he is healthy) and experience.

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

You think so? Who would you roll with?

If Teddy is healthy, he gives them the best chance to win imo. However, I'd likely roll with Darnold if he were ready to play. I might give Teddy a handful of starts to try and build his trade value and give Darnold extra time to prepare, though. At the end of the day, Darnold is the future. If he's ready, you get him the experience. But with Bowles maybe being on the hot seat, Teddy likely gives him the best chance to save his job.

Archived