2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, Bobby816 said:

Totally agree with this. I've followed Little for a while now bc he went to HS around where I live and was a big time recruit.

If there is no player we like in the first round when we pick, this might be the year we could trade down. I never though I would say that, but we sure could use second round pick. I don't know if we could get two second round picks like the Colts did, and only drop three spots in the draft.

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

If there is no player we like in the first round when we pick, this might be the year we could trade down. I never though I would say that, but we sure could use second round pick. I don't know if we could get two second round picks like the Colts did, and only drop three spots in the draft.

What we need is QB needy teams like Jacksonville, NYG etc behind us and these QB prospects to perform well. The good thing for us... is that last time we though *** was a weak QB class... Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes came out of it. So these teams might re analyze their initial scouting reports.

For anyone who is eager to witness Jets' potential trade down in 1st. Right now, it doesn't sound good.

Justin Herbert will play the bowl on December 31.

Dwayne Harris will play the bowl on January 1.

Daniel Jones will play the bowl on December 27.

Just wonder what if Jones gets hurt?   Both Hs may drop out at last minute. lol.  We really need those qbs coming out of NCAA.

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

For anyone who is eager to witness Jets' potential trade down in 1st. Right now, it doesn't sound good.

Justin Herbert will play the bowl on December 31.

Dwayne Harris will play the bowl on January 1.

Daniel Jones will play the bowl on December 27.

Just wonder what if Jones gets hurt?   Both Hs may drop out at last minute. lol.  We really need those qbs coming out of NCAA.

The only reason I brought up a trade down, is because what the Colts did last year, they only dropped three spots in the first round, and still got their player they wanted Quenton Nelson, and also got our two second round picks. The Colts got their cake and eat it too. 

47 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The only reason I brought up a trade down, is because what the Colts did last year, they only dropped three spots in the first round, and still got their player they wanted Quenton Nelson, and also got our two second round picks. The Colts got their cake and eat it too. 

That trade plus other trades, Colts ended up having 4 2nd round picks.  It would be nice if Jets got the similar result.  All offensive prospects going in 2nd. lol.

Just realized how hard it is going to be to get Jonah Williams even with a top 5 pick. Humphries can't stay healthy for the Cardinals & they also have a young QB. Joe Staley is 34, so the 49ers could go for him with Jimmy G returning. Oakland fans don't seem excited about Kolton Miller and Buffalo isn't too far either. It's going to be interesting. 

29 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Just realized how hard it is going to be to get Jonah Williams even with a top 5 pick. Humphries can't stay healthy for the Cardinals & they also have a young QB. Joe Staley is 34, so the 49ers could go for him with Jimmy G returning. Oakland fans don't seem excited about Kolton Miller and Buffalo isn't too far either. It's going to be interesting. 

Raider fans are not in charge of their draft. Jon Gruden likes the rookie tandem and they are in his long plan.  If Staley plans to quit then he must be honest with 49ers otherwise I can see him continuing his career until at least 37 years old. 

Also, I fail to see how will Jonah Williams get himself ahead of top defensive prospects in top 5.  I am very curious about where will he end up. Me thinks he is outside top 8 as I am being polite.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Raider fans are not in charge of their draft. Jon Gruden likes the rookie tandem and they are in his long plan.  If Staley plans to quit then he must be honest with 49ers otherwise I can see him continuing his career until at least 37 years old. 

Also, I fail to see how will Jonah Williams get himself ahead of top defensive prospects in top 5.  I am very curious about where will he end up. Me thinks he is outside top 8 as I am being polite.

Of course fans don't run the draft, but if he's struggling, he's not safe because he's young. He wouldn't be the first tackle to get benched early. 

Not too many developing teams are going to sit and bank on a 34-year-old tackle to play until he's 37. Especially when they have a chance to grab a potential franchise LT who comes from a winning program and didn't allow a sack all year in a conference that is putting out most of the defensive players you're referring to. Someone is going to jump on him early to try to protect someone like Carr, Jimmy G, Rosen, Allen, and etc. 

I love the defensive prospects in this class. I have no problem with going defense in round 1. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, JetsandI said:

That trade plus other trades, Colts ended up having 4 2nd round picks.  It would be nice if Jets got the similar result.  All offensive prospects going in 2nd. lol.

NO LOL, you are probably right, most of the best WR will go in the second round.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Yup. There’s a good chance Jonah goes Arizona if they pick ahead of us. I didn’t even consider the 49ers but that’s a good point. 

We likely are going Edge. I’ve come around to Josh Allen. He’s the only guy outside if Bosa I would be ok with on defense. Otherwise reach for a WR or Little which I don’t mind either. 

Best case is to trade back. 

Archived