2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I see a few potential studs in the draft.  Favorite WR in the draft is Harmon.  I think he could be a Julio type player.  I also think Hollywood is a gamebreaker, but we'll find out.

Love Hollywood but his size scares me and Harmon’s speration issues also scare me but we will see

@Connor_J_Hughes 54s54 seconds ago

More

Connor Hughes Retweeted Connor Hughes

Jets have a weaker strength of schedule than the both Cardinals and Raiders. If those two teams win one more game each, and Jets lose out, Jets get top pick

I don't know about the Cardinals winning another game, but the Raiders could take one from the Chiefs if they clinched home field and have nothing to play for. 

• Like 2

Really cant see us winning either of these 2 last games putting us no worse then 3rd in the draft. I really want us to trade back. Issue is teams really only give up a ton for QBs and there's no good ones this year. We really have to hope some of these guys in the draft really wow like Trubisky did in order to get a trade up. The positive is... there's really no FA QBs to answer these teams QB issues, so there is still a chance. If we stay put I expect Josh Allen to be a New York Jet.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Really cant see us winning either of these 2 last games putting us no worse then 3rd in the draft. I really want us to trade back. Issue is teams really only give up a ton for QBs and there's no good ones this year. We really have to hope some of these guys in the draft really wow like Trubisky did in order to get a trade up. The positive is... there's really no FA QBs to answer these teams QB issues, so there is still a chance. If we stay put I expect Josh Allen to be a New York Jet.

I mean the Cardinals beat the packers like 2 weeks ago so I think we have a shot there but your right we need to hope teams start to come around on guys like Haskins and Grier. I don’t think Herbert will declare.

Edited by Dr.O

I think we lose out too but I would love to see us beat the Pats and knock them out of the bye week. There is always a team willing to trade up for a QB and most of the time teams want nothing to do with the first pick because the price tag is so high. The second and third picks are the prime spot. I would love to see us trade back say 5 or 6 spots and pick up a few seconds one this year and next with a first in 2020. If we stay pat Bosa will be the pick. He will not go top 1 or 2 because a QB will be one spot and Bosa falls at least 1 spot by leaving Ohio State and giving up on his team. He has an attitude that might break a team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Haskins could be this years Trubisky.  Both raw with upside and probably needed another year in college but came out.  CHI trade a nice haul to move up 1 spot for him when SF wasn't even thinking of taking him.  All it takes is one team to need a QB and there are more then 1.  JAC, NYG, MIA, TB.  If one of them love Haskins upside there is a potential deal to be had.  

JAC makes the most sense for me if they stay in the top 5 or 6.  We won't have to trade down too far and still could be in play for guys like Farrell, Little, Taylor (who is getting some hype now at OT), and Allen.

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think we lose out too but I would love to see us beat the Pats and knock them out of the bye week. There is always a team willing to trade up for a QB and most of the time teams want nothing to do with the first pick because the price tag is so high. The second and third picks are the prime spot. I would love to see us trade back say 5 or 6 spots and pick up a few seconds one this year and next with a first in 2020. If we stay pat Bosa will be the pick. He will not go top 1 or 2 because a QB will be one spot and Bosa falls at least 1 spot by leaving Ohio State and giving up on his team. He has an attitude that might break a team. 

They are already out of the bye week.  All HOU has to do is win out and NE is playing WC weekend.  I would love to have Bosa on this team so that should be the goal.  If not him then trade back with JAC for Haskins would be ideal.

Even if we don't get Bosa, I would still have to consider Allen. But trading back would be the best option if it's on the table. I'm sure it will be. Trades happen every year and teams Washington, Tampa, Jax, and Giants will probably start looking hard at the QBs. The best thing that could happen is that one of the QB's stand out so those teams would have to trade up to leap each other. 

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't know about the Cardinals winning another game, but the Raiders could take one from the Chiefs if they clinched home field and have nothing to play for. 

I think ARI plays the Rams week 17 who could be locked in as the #2 seed and play all of their backups.  Same thing could happen to us week 17 if NE is locked into the #3 seed.  

Hard to say how things will break for us these last two games.

23 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'll prob get hate on this one, but Quinnen Williams is a guy to keep an eye on as well.  I know, another d-lineman, but he looks like an Aaron Donald clone.  Granted, I only consider it if we really address our weakness well in FA and through trades.

I'd only be ok if he turned into Donald and not Leonard Williams.  Since you can't guarantee that you'd be taking a massive risk by going DL.  If he didn't turn into an all pro or close to it you'd be run out of town as GM.  

• Like 1