Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

We never talk about penalties when evaluations how the team may do any given season. I think that's going to be a big deal this year. We once again seem remarkably undisciplined

EDIT: Nevermind. It was the Ravens in 2012. Led the NFL in penalty yards. Still won the Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I just remember the when the Packers went 15-1 in 2011 I think they led the league in penalties lol. 

They were the least penalized team in the league that year (tied for first in least amount of penalties, second for penalty yards) 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I just remember the when the Packers went 15-1 in 2011 I think they led the league in penalties lol. 

Seahawks during their dominant run were always in the top three as well. 

Checked last year's just now:

1. Seattle 

3. Eagles

5. Jaguars 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They were the least penalized team in the league that year (tied for first in least amount of penalties, second for penalty yards) 

Yeah I was thinking of another year. The Ravens in 2012 won the Super Bowl though, and led the NFL in penalty yards. Seattle the next year too. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seahawks during their dominant run were always in the top three as well. 

Checked last year's just now:

1. Seattle 

3. Eagles

5. Jaguars 

if only we had that level of talent to compensate like the Eagles and Jags. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

If they elevate Lynch to president or something and give Peter's the GM job would be ideal.

That's what I was thinking last year. That Lynch can be the face of the franchise spokesman as the team president and Peters can be the GM. That is the only way we will be able to keep him. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'll be honest, not really been impressed with McNichols. Though the run blocking hasn't been great either. 

Yeah, the run game has been trash. He's had a couple of nice cut backs to show some vision, but that's it, and it's not all that big of a deal. Sadly, it's still better than anything Joe Williams has done. 

McNichols' best contributions in this game were as a receiver. He made a nice, tough catch over the middle on one of his receptions. 

The running game is just crap. 

Just now, Justone2 said:

I feel he got even worse than he was last year. Looks like everything just moves too fast for him.

Yeah, there's a definite lack of any progression. He looks exactly like he did last year - poor arm and poor accuracy. 

When the best thing that you can say about a guy who plays quarterback is that "he's tough" and "he's a competitor", you need another quarterback. 

Archived