Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

The frustrating part about Beathard is after he got starting experience last year, you would think against 2nd and 3rd stringers he would be able to look competent, but that hasn't been the case this preseason. Just looks suspect all around. 

Chancellor James has had a rough game. Too bad Williams got hurt, or else he could have won a roster spot. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, there's a definite lack of any progression. He looks exactly like he did last year - poor arm and poor accuracy. 

When the best thing that you can say about a guy who plays quarterback is that "he's tough" and "he's a competitor", you need another quarterback. 

Yeah that's not good. I wonder if Beathard is around next season. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Chancellor James has had a rough game. Too bad Williams got hurt, or else he could have won a roster spot. 

I was thinking about that earlier when I saw that Williams was hurt and gone. My first thought was damn, that's a shame, I think he was going to win that last safety spot. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This year is going to be like the 2000 season, I am thinking. Except we will be worse running the football (much love Charlie Garner, much love) 

And we don't have Terrell Owens this time either. 

Also the 2008 Packers come to mind. Aaron Rodgers first year starting. Put up good numbers. Defense was horri-bad though. 

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Agreed Moore is looking good. Even the penalty before, he was playing the ball. 

PERFECT scheme fit once he learns how to play CB. Great length and more importantly his instincts are very good. That was evident the way he was playing safety. And like Sherman, he should be able to shut down the go routes. 

Not unrealistic to think by 2020 our starting corners will be Witherspoon/Moore/Reed. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

And we don't have Terrell Owens this time either. 

Also the 2008 Packers come to mind. Aaron Rodgers first year starting. Put up good numbers. Defense was horri-bad though. 

That's okay. The offense this year will still be fun, and we will still play entertaining games. 

Archived