Some General Draft Help

AFF

No one seems to be talking about Tre'Quan Smith, why is that? Everything I've read coming out of Saints camp is all positive. Saying this kid is impressing big time in camp. And apparently Meredith has been struggling to get back to 100%. If Smith grabs the #2 WR spot in that offense? That's a WR3/WR4 you're grabbing in the 15th round. 

On 8/26/2018 at 12:25 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think taking AB at 5 isn't a bad move at all. Barkley already has some hamstring issues and while I think he'll be fine, I don't think you'll regret taking AB at all

The only issue I feel with that is (being it a 10 man league) I will miss out on that 2nd tier of RB's (Hunt/Cook/Fournette/Gordon) and will be stuck going WR/WR unless I want to take Freeman who I view more of as a high end RB2. The way I see it, and how all my mocks are mostly playing out, I either end up with AB/Freeman, or AB/Thomas or if I take Barkley end up with Barkley/Thomas which I'm feeling much more comfortable with given how deep WR is and how early all the RB's are going. I just feel crazy for passing up AB, but almost feel like I have to in order to make sure I get my hands on a stud RB1 which Barkley seemingly will be.

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

The only issue I feel with that is (being it a 10 man league) I will miss out on that 2nd tier of RB's (Hunt/Cook/Fournette/Gordon) and will be stuck going WR/WR unless I want to take Freeman who I view more of as a high end RB2. The way I see it, and how all my mocks are mostly playing out, I either end up with AB/Freeman, or AB/Thomas or if I take Barkley end up with Barkley/Thomas which I'm feeling much more comfortable with given how deep WR is and how early all the RB's are going. I just feel crazy for passing up AB, but almost feel like I have to in order to make sure I get my hands on a stud RB1 which Barkley seemingly will be.

This was my problem in the 12 team league I posted about. Once the turn came to round 2, any decent RB options were gone but in a 12 team league that gives you a better chance in a 10 team league. I like Barkley/Thomas better than AB/Freeman

6 hours ago, tab said:

2 qb league, 1st overall pick. Am I insane for wanting to take Watson first in the 3rd round (if available)

In a 2 QB league...he might not actually be there. I dont have a lot of experience in them but they seem to fly off the board especially if it is a larger league since no one wants to start Josh Allen

8 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

No one seems to be talking about Tre'Quan Smith, why is that? Everything I've read coming out of Saints camp is all positive. Saying this kid is impressing big time in camp. And apparently Meredith has been struggling to get back to 100%. If Smith grabs the #2 WR spot in that offense? That's a WR3/WR4 you're grabbing in the 15th round. 

I think the bigger thing is that the #2 WR in New Orleans isn't as glamorous considering the position didn't exactly light it up last year. Thomas and Kamara could get 200 catches themselves. He is definitely worth a 15th rounder but I don't expect him to finish as a Top-35 WR. I still think Meredith and Gina take enough passes from him

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think the bigger thing is that the #2 WR in New Orleans isn't as glamorous considering the position didn't exactly light it up last year. Thomas and Kamara could get 200 catches themselves. He is definitely worth a 15th rounder but I don't expect him to finish as a Top-35 WR. I still think Meredith and Gina take enough passes from him

Good point, but to be fair who was the Saints #2 WR last year? Ginn? We're just a few seasons removed from Brees supporting 2 top 10 Fantasy WRs (Standard scoring). 

12 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Good point, but to be fair who was the Saints #2 WR last year? Ginn? We're just a few seasons removed from Brees supporting 2 top 10 Fantasy WRs (Standard scoring). 

Maybe although i cant remember the 2nd guy but with Kamara getting a ton of catches it will cut into the #2 option moreso than when Brees was slinging more a few years ago plus i think they want to run it more now than back then just because they have 2 very good runners 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I have the 4th pick in a ppr league in about an hour....If the top 3 go as expected, who do you take at 4? Kinda debating on Barkley, Zeke or Antonio. 

Still Zeke...don’t overthink it.

Been doing more mock drafts on ESPN’s site and seen Julio ranked all the way down from 8 to now 16 causing him to fall to me. If it comes down to it, who would you take between him and Davante Adams? Standard scoring 

55 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Been doing more mock drafts on ESPN’s site and seen Julio ranked all the way down from 8 to now 16 causing him to fall to me. If it comes down to it, who would you take between him and Davante Adams? Standard scoring 

Adams. 

Even though I think there will be a positive uptick in TDs for Julio, I don't really expect anymore than 7-8 scores. Whereas I'm thinking Adams gets in the endzone anywhere between 10-15 times this year. 

Archived