Some General Draft Help

AFF

Well I tanked it I think. I was one of three people to do the two studs route but I flew too close to the sun with Gurley and Antonio Brown. Other two guys went Fournette/ODB and David Johnson/Keenan Allen and has slightly more balance. I am a stars and scrubs team and I missed on a bunch of my sleepers but I got a pretty good WR group I think. Really need to find a RB2 though. 

Mahomes

Gurley, Austin Ekeler, Jeremy Hill, Perine and Frank Gore

Brown, Diggs, Keelan Cole, Mike Williams, Calvin Ridley and James Washington 

Ricky Seals-Jones

Lambo

Seattle

Starts 3 WRs

what would  you do? I just drafted and my team looks like this

QB: R Wilson

RB: Gurley, Freeman, A Collins, C Carson, S Michel

WR: Baldwin, Juju, Edelman, K Cole, M Williams

TE: Gronk, Burton

Def: Vikings, Bears

K: Butler

A guy just dropped J Doyle...thinking of adding him and maybe flipping a TE for a reliable WR... I would drop M Williams... I also really like T Lockett, this could be his breakout year? would you drop M Williams for Lockett or Doyle?

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

A guy just dropped J Doyle...thinking of adding him and maybe flipping a TE for a reliable WR... I would drop M Williams... I also really like T Lockett, this could be his breakout year? would you drop M Williams for Lockett or Doyle?

Do you have to keep 2 defenses? I feel like if you're going to drop someone then drop the Bears DST. Adding Doyle is interesting because if someone wants him they likely won't trade someone great for him though just because you don't have much leverage imo because no one keeps 3 TEs. If you want to trade someone and get the highest return on investment then trade Gronk.

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'd just drop the Bears defense for Lockett. Why do you want Doyle? your TEs are great. 

I hope everyone got their shares of James Conner off waivers today.  Worst case scenario you're going to be able to flip him to a panicking Bell owner for something that will boost your team.  Best case, Le'Veon (whose OL now looks like they're throwing him under the bus) holds out till Week 10 (if not longer) or forces a trade and Conner is the new bell-cow for the Steelers.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I hope everyone got their shares of James Conner off waivers today.  Worst case scenario you're going to be able to flip him to a panicking Bell owner for something that will boost your team.  Best case, Le'Veon (whose OL now looks like they're throwing him under the bus) holds out till Week 10 (if not longer) or forces a trade and Conner is the new bell-cow for the Steelers.

I took him at the end of the draft just in case. I don't have Bell, but I don't love my running backs, so hoping that will come in handy as potential trade bait, or just putting him to use. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I took him at the end of the draft just in case. I don't have Bell, but I don't love my running backs, so hoping that will come in handy as potential trade bait, or just putting him to use. 

In one league I don't necessarily need him because even with limited (3 spots) benches, my RB's are still Zeke, CMac and the New England pair (Burkhead/Michel).  But I could likely flip him to the Bell owner for, at worst, Trey Burton who I'm high on and would definitely upgrade me at TE.

In the other, I wasn't thrilled with my RB depth (until Ingram is off suspension, at least), so I'm in the camp of hoping he does get bellcow duties - are at least that he has a solid first couple weeks while someone like Shady disappoints.  Either way, it gave me an excuse to pick up Conner knowing that he should definitely get some increased touches for a $5 keeper value (which if he's THE GUY going into next season - assuming the Steelers don't draft someone else high - would be a great value to have him at).

So it turns out my league is actually ppr and not standard scoring and our league manager never said anything about it. It’s traditionally always been standard scoring and I drafted my team thinking it was going to stay the same as how we’ve always done it. Is that on me for not going through the rules before we drafted or the league manager for not saying anything? 

Edit: Also just read that it’s 1 point per 5 rushing attempts so maybe it won’t screw me as much as I thought.

Edit 2: And I took D. Adams over M. Thomas...wow that sucks

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

So it turns out my league is actually ppr and not standard scoring and our league manager never said anything about it. It’s traditionally always been standard scoring and I drafted my team thinking it was going to stay the same as how we’ve always done it. Is that on me for not going through the rules before we drafted or the league manager for not saying anything? 

Edit: Also just read that it’s 1 point per 5 rushing attempts so maybe it won’t screw me as much as I thought.

Edit 2: And I took D. Adams over M. Thomas...wow that sucks

Couple of things

1. If this is a keeper/dynasty league: FOUL

2. If he said absolutely nothing about making the change: FOUL

3. If told people that they need to check the settings or something AT ALL: SORT OF FOUL...but a loophole.

I always try to make a point of checking the settings before the draft but even if I noticed the change I'm not prepared for it and just pissed during the draft

47 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Couple of things

1. If this is a keeper/dynasty league: FOUL

2. If he said absolutely nothing about making the change: FOUL

3. If told people that they need to check the settings or something AT ALL: SORT OF FOUL...but a loophole.

I always try to make a point of checking the settings before the draft but even if I noticed the change I'm not prepared for it and just pissed during the draft

Apparently he said he thought he had told everyone...smh oh well atleast I hadn’t put my money down yet but I’m still competitive whether there’s money involved or not.

But dang, not only did I take Adams over Thomas but I took Barkley over Brown too lol. Oh well

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Apparently he said he thought he had told everyone...smh oh well atleast I hadn’t put my money down yet but I’m still competitive whether there’s money involved or not.

But dang, not only did I take Adams over Thomas but I took Barkley over Brown too lol. Oh well

This is why as Commish i put everything on the league page and whenever it’s updated i drop the previous LM Note in the discussion board as a reference and save all group texts directing people to note like “this is when everyone was told and if you go here...you’ll see i posted this 2 months ago...clearly you didn’t remember or bother to look”

Man I hate when leagues are ran by a sketchy Commish. Who the hell doesn't tell the league about a change like that? I mean this isn't some little change here, "Hey guys I'm changing it to where we'll have 6 bench spots instead of 7"...No, this is going from Standard scoring to PPR. Utterly ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Man I hate when leagues are ran by a sketchy Commish. Who the hell doesn't tell the league about a change like that? I mean this isn't some little change here, "Hey guys I'm changing it to where we'll have 6 bench spots instead of 7"...No, this is going from Standard scoring to PPR. Utterly ridiculous. 

Yeah, it's really nice that in my main league, we have a group text. Sure, it's mainly for talking smack, but every now and again the commish steps in with an actual announcement. This year we went from half point ppr to full point. We got a text, everyone agreed and boom, it was over and done with. 

Archived