PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

It has a pretty significant impact on all rankings, to be honest. Lots of guys are going to either get moved down the depth chart or have their spot kind of solidified - especially RB's (even with what is viewed as a weaker RB class). 

I'm finding myself in a holding pattern right now. I'd love to make some deals but I'd hate to trade for a RB that then finds themself competing with two other guys for touches instead of being the 1A/1B or something. 

It's a chance you take though. I took Zeus knowing I had to wait out Jacobs with Raiders. Might pay off this year. 

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

It has a pretty significant impact on all rankings, to be honest. Lots of guys are going to either get moved down the depth chart or have their spot kind of solidified - especially RB's (even with what is viewed as a weaker RB class). 

I'm finding myself in a holding pattern right now. I'd love to make some deals but I'd hate to trade for a RB that then finds themself competing with two other guys for touches instead of being the 1A/1B or something. 

Do you have any hopes that certain guys land somewhere specific?  Like either good fits or will improve other players on your team?  Or situations you will bump up whoever goes there? 

I think having Brooks or Wright land with Dallas, Giants, or Chargers would boost their fantasy stock.  Any RB that lands in one of those spots will be bumped up but having a top RB prospect land there would make them even more valuable. 

Similarly the WR situation in Buffalo.  If they land a guy like Brian Thomas, Ladd McConkey Keon Coleman or Troy Franklin I think those guys have insane draft stock.  Obviously any WR who goes there will have a boosted fantasy ADP but those guys could be instant top 15-20 WRs with Josh Allen and plenty of targets to go around.  

Obviously at the top of the draft any WR going to the Chargers or Cardinals should have a boost since they have good QBs and little competition for targets so even guys who would be drafted by them later could have bumps in value.  If Harrison/Nabers/Odunze end up on teams with questionable QBs like New England, NY Giants etc they could fall behind some of the later picks who end up in better situations.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Landing spots can make a big difference imo. Competition, coaches/style, players around them, ect....not the top ones so much (except maybe QB's...just ask Young).

Young was going to bust regardless where he landed 

15 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

So will Caleb and Maye.  But still, the landing spot matters.  Two years ago people expected Willis and Levis to go top 5 and were likely going to be top picks in fantasy until they fell.  Similarly if Harrison goes to New England I would consider Odunze or Nabers in LAC over him.  But also the major point was later in drafts.  There will be RBs and WR that move up or drop based on where they land because of depth chart and coach.  Especially RB wise since I don't see any as first rounders right now just on talent but in the right situation a couple of them will be in contention in the mid 1st.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Easy to say when he didn't have a chance, Richardson and Stroud would've failed in that....situation....too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Easy to say when he didn't have a chance, Richardson and Stroud would've failed in that....situation....too.

I don't think Stprud would have failed. He might not have put up same numbers but he's just a solid QB. 

21 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Do you have any hopes that certain guys land somewhere specific?  Like either good fits or will improve other players on your team?  Or situations you will bump up whoever goes there? 

I think having Brooks or Wright land with Dallas, Giants, or Chargers would boost their fantasy stock.  Any RB that lands in one of those spots will be bumped up but having a top RB prospect land there would make them even more valuable. 

Similarly the WR situation in Buffalo.  If they land a guy like Brian Thomas, Ladd McConkey Keon Coleman or Troy Franklin I think those guys have insane draft stock.  Obviously any WR who goes there will have a boosted fantasy ADP but those guys could be instant top 15-20 WRs with Josh Allen and plenty of targets to go around.  

Obviously at the top of the draft any WR going to the Chargers or Cardinals should have a boost since they have good QBs and little competition for targets so even guys who would be drafted by them later could have bumps in value.  If Harrison/Nabers/Odunze end up on teams with questionable QBs like New England, NY Giants etc they could fall behind some of the later picks who end up in better situations.  

Not specifically, no. But this looks like a really deep receiver class, and for the RB's it all depends on where and when they are drafted. There are plenty of guys that are RB2 right now that would really have their spot get muddied if the team drafts a RB in round 3 or something. The same goes for receivers. Some teams have some pretty thin depth charts at receiver and everyone might get pushed down if that team drafts someone in the first round. Competition for targets, you know?