Trade for Ryan Switzer

JustPlainNasty

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Overpay.  I get Mack is great and all, but you got to trade for him and give up a bunch of cap.  1st, 2nd, pair of conditional 4ths.

I'd do it for that. And I would even blink. The cap doesn't bother me. Bell isn't on it. Ben is towards the end and Brown is under contract. He improves the secondary 10 fold. He is one of the very few FAs (Deon, Reggie White) that I believe puts a team over the top and wins them a Super Bowl. If they can get 7 before anyone gets 6, I'd be okay with another 10 year draught. 

Bell for Mack. I'd throw in another player or draft pick to get it done, and still pay the surcharge. Biggest issue is how much cash the Rooney's have on hand, but Mack is going to be relevant longer than Bell. And would be more impactful on this team.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:31 PM, wwhickok said:

Keep an eye on what happens with Broncos rookie LB Jeff Holland who the Broncos.  The Broncos LB Corps is stacked and it sounds like the Broncos view him as the "odd man out".  If he were to be cut, Pittsburgh would almost definitely put in a claim.  Doesn't mean they'd get him because they'd be far from the only team to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I think he could've been an asset yesterday on offense as well, but he had drops, it's obviously not why he came here but I feel like yesterday won't be his last opportunity.  I was very pleased with his consistency yesterday. 

I’m full of hot takes today so I might as well let another one fly:

I think the reason Bell had the production he did is because of a lack of a good backup back and the lack of a true quality slot guy. I think the addition of Conner, Ridely, Switzer, Washington can more than replace Bells production. 

But wait that’s not a true hot take. 

Heres the true hot take part: I think our offense can be better like this. I think JuJu was good last year because teams didn’t bother paying attention to him. I think he’ll be good this year because pass distribution is going to be a lot better. I think we’re less predictable this year without Bell in there because so many guys can make plays happen. Bell and Brown accounted for ~80% of our offense last year. We don’t have that crutch now, so we got to use the offense the way it should be used. 

I think our offense is better with this skill set diversity. 

Mans I know coming off yesterday’s game it’s even more hot take than it should be. 

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think the reason Bell had the production he did is because of a lack of a good backup back and the lack of a true quality slot guy. I think the addition of Conner, Ridely, Switzer, Washington can more than replace Bells production. 

I like your mentality here and agree 100%. The other problem with the Elite Flex back is what if they get hurt or suspended?  Other teams win without that  elite Flex RB, even the Eagles and they beat the pats for the SB xD . The coaches should be able to gameplay with these parts to get the yards and points.  This is another reason I ma looking forward to this season because they might learn for fact they can move on from the idea of believing the Flex Back is required when in fact it isn't (see Eagle SB champs) . Bell is great but it might be time to move on. If the CBA allowed the RB to get UFA after year 3 and we signed Bell to a mega deal back then, I wouldn't have any disagreement with that , but as time has gone on I see this differently especially after the SB last year. The reaffirmed the importance of dominating the line of scrimmage - on both sides and is more important than relying too much on one player.

Archived