What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Up until 15 seconds ago I thought the Mavs drafted him. Also that dude played for almost 20 years. Damn. 

Wow, he wasn't? That's can't be right, I distinctly remember his early years in Dallas.

Edit: Well, I'll be damned. 15th to the Suns.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wow, he wasn't? That's can't be right, I distinctly remember his early years in Dallas.

According to the Wickerpedia, he was drafted by the Suns where he played behind Kevin Johnson, Sam Cassell, and Jason Kidd before being traded to the Mavs after his second season.

Playing behind those three, it's kinda easy to see why we didn't exactly know of him before going to the Mavs.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

According to the Wickerpedia, he was drafted by the Suns where he played behind Kevin Johnson, Sam Cassell, and Jason Kidd before being traded to the Mavs after his third season.

Playing behind those three, it's kinda easy to see why we didn't exactly know of him before going to the Mavs.

Why draft a PG at 1/15 with that kinda depth at PG is the more apt question, I'd guess.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:
4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

According to the Wickerpedia, he was drafted by the Suns where he played behind Kevin Johnson, Sam Cassell, and Jason Kidd before being traded to the Mavs after his second season.

This Suns/Mavs weirdo relationship with Kidd and Nash is crazy to me. I dont know how I lived through that and none of it clicked. But to be fair, in the mid 90's there was Jordans bulls and everyone else.

27 minutes ago, pwny said:

What about the $250k to $2 million that NSAC is considering fining Khabib (when he made $2M for the fight altogether)? More chump change for a bit?

You. Have. To. Sell. It. 

If you aren’t gonna make it believable don’t do it at all. Scamschool 101

(you don’t think I’m being serious, do you?)

Edited by Dome

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This Suns/Mavs weirdo relationship with Kidd and Nash is crazy to me. I dont know how I lived through that and none of it clicked. But to be fair, in the mid 90's there was Jordans bulls and everyone else.

Olajuwon...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Olajuwon...

Hakeem the Dream and the Admiral were two of my favorites. And I guess to be fair Rodman was also an enormous name in the 90's. But I feel like this Kidd/Nash team swap thing should have been a bigger deal. Those are legends and I had no clue they were just swapping teams all willy nilly. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Why draft a PG at 1/15 with that kinda depth at PG is the more apt question, I'd guess.

Cassell was traded for Kidd and Johnson was in the twilight of his career. Was probably viewed as a move for the future, before realizing they would be able to land Kidd.

Plus, looking at the draft - it's hard to say it was the wrong pick. Best alternative was taking Jermaine O'Neal, but I'd say the haul they got for him when they traded him was worth a lot more.