What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

Weren't you a GTI owner that used to preach how great they are?

I was in love with them and had a MK4 (which is still cool, the MK1-MK4's are cool and will always be). The Mk4 is the best looking one. Now they look very soft and soulless. 

Its just not nearly the spirited fun car other cars are. I test drove a GTI before i purchased my Veloster n Turbo and my Focus ST and both times was super let down on how it drove, just felt way to constricted/held back by the ABS system, you couldn't throw it around like you could a MK4, it was fast on the highway but it wasn't hot hatch quick or a particularly agile car, they all have terrible body roll and under steer. 

Now racing my friends with GTI's (winning every time) , its kinda clear they aren't that impressive as i thought they were 3 or 4 years ago.

German's when it comes to cars are way different then Americans and Koreans,  crazy TQ, wheel spin, wheel hop, over steer, isn't precise, accurate, or in control car,  and the Germans are all about precision, accuracy, control, Where Americans and Koreans want the driver to be the one with the most control, not the car, and American and Koreans think driving should be fun not a precise exercise , they think Wheel spin(when you shoot off line and your tires spin), crazy TQ, wheel hop, over steer is fun and design there cars with those things in them, whichs translate to a rawer funner car experience. Which i think translates better on the streets. 

25 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Need a Civic Type-R my friend

That would be nice. I haven't even seen one on the street yet here and i have stopped into dealer ships to see if they have them cause i just want to see one and nope! You got to special order them here(so the dealership can charge you a handling fee $$$$) 

Bet if your there man, a few extra grand gets you a Focus RS or even a Mitsubishi EVO or a bunch of other sick cars. I think that will be a issue for the Type R. 

3 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

That would be nice. I haven't even seen one on the street yet here and i have stopped into dealer ships to see if they have them cause i just want to see one and nope! You got to special order them here(so the dealership can charge you a handling fee $$$$) 

Bet if your there man, a few extra grand gets you a Focus RS or even a Mitsubishi EVO or a bunch of other sick cars. I think that will be a issue for the Type R. 

2017-honda-civic-type-r-black-edition-li

How could you say no? 

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/66682/best-hot-hatchbacks-2017

Edited by texans_uk

24 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I saw a 2017 Civic Hatchback tho(not a R) and it was really dope. Could see those becoming popular tuner cars in the near future. 

Civics have always been the benchmark tuner car. Back in the late 90s, you couldn't go to a race without seeing a ton of Civics...

19 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:
46 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I saw a 2017 Civic Hatchback tho(not a R) and it was really dope. Could see those becoming popular tuner cars in the near future. 

Civics have always been the benchmark tuner car. Back in the late 90s, you couldn't go to a race without seeing a ton of Civics...

but what about the near future?

Nervous as heck. Can one of you help me by giving me tips? I just got a call back from a potential job and I'll need to call them tomorrow to set up an interview. My first job since before getting cancer in 2013. 

20 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:
2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:
2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

...I ain't no fortune teller.

double negative though

Your face is negative.

16 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:
36 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:
2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:
2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

...I ain't no fortune teller.

double negative though

Your face is negative.

Doubly.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The 90s ones and early 2000's one for sure. The later 2000's ones haven't had the crazy tuner scene the 90's and early 2000s civics did. There isn't that die hard tuner scene with the newer civics as there were in the past. 

Also Honda changed the technology this last generation from the traditional V Tech lay out of engines past , to small 1.5 liter  turbo cars with computers everywhere and vacuum  hoses going every direction lol, not your simple tuner car,  you got to really know what your doing, its not easy to get to things, you need a lot more bolt ons then before, upgrades to your cooling system and a ECU tune.