What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Probably the most accurate thing you've ever posted on this forum

They forgot about the gator conversation, they'll forget about this one.  This isn't even the biggest hole I dug myself into on this site. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Spiders kill less than 10 people annually.  Dogs kill 25,000 people annually. 

If I say people should be roughly 2,500 times more afraid of dogs than spiders, can I be done?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-animals-that-kill-most-humans.html

If I admit that venomous snakes scare me can I be done?  I almost stepped on a Cottonmouth once.  That's not bragging, ET, that's self-deprecation.  I was walking in an area that was known to have them and I was listening to headphones because I was dumb, so I didn't hear it. 

Now that I mention it, I had this same conversation on the old site about alligators.  People tried to act like alligators were dangerous and I pointed out that I'd seen one of them up close and people mocked me for that, too, since they didn't believe that, either. 

I think I had to defend myself then and say that literally all I do for fun is go out looking for wildlife in nature. 

I should really probably just stop. 

Alligators are dangerous. That doesn't mean instant death if you get close to one. I'm not sure why someone would not believe you've seen one up close. Anyone who grew up in Florida has likely seen many Gators up close.

How are you afraid of venomous snakes? I know people who have them as pets. It's totally irrational to fear something that a few people like. ;)

Just now, jrry32 said:

How are you afraid of venomous snakes? I know people who have them as pets. It's totally irrational to fear something that a few people like. ;)

This is Deja Vu on overdrive right now because the gator conversation went a lot like this.  Gators are only as dangerous as you make them.  Feed them, get too close to them, go into the water where they live, antagonize them... Same thing with spiders.  Snakes are difficult to see when you're walking in nature and are MUCH more aggressive.  I've had non-venomous ones try to bite me quite a few times when I wasn't even that close to them. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Alligators are dangerous. That doesn't mean instant death if you get close to one. I'm not sure why someone would not believe you've seen one up close. Anyone who grew up in Florida has likely seen many Gators up close.

You wanna know scary? You want to stare into the heart of darkness (pun intended what now ET)? BOOM

heart_disease_s3_heart_attack.jpg

Hearth disease. Which causes something like 7.5 million deaths/year and therefore is 750,000 times scarier than the scariest spider imaginable.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is Deja Vu on overdrive right now because the gator conversation went a lot like this.  Gators are only as dangerous as you make them.  Feed them, get too close to them, go into the water where they live, antagonize them... Same thing with spiders.  Snakes are difficult to see when you're walking in nature and are MUCH more aggressive.  I've had non-venomous ones try to bite me quite a few times when I wasn't even that close to them. 

Gators are as dangerous as they are. I mean hell, guns aren't dangerous if you stay away from anyone who has a gun. xD

Edited by jrry32

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You wanna know scary? You want to stare into the heart of darkness (pun intended what now ET)? BOOM

heart_disease_s3_heart_attack.jpg

Hearth disease. Which causes something like 7.5 million deaths/year and therefore is 750,000 times scarier than the scariest spider imaginable.

Does Spiderman have a lisp? ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I admit that venomous snakes scare me can I be done?  I almost stepped on a Cottonmouth once.  That's not bragging, ET, that's self-deprecation.  I was walking in an area that was known to have them and I was listening to headphones because I was dumb, so I didn't hear it. 

I've actually killed about four or five water moccasins. They're big down here in the gulf coast area. Aggressive as hell, but just as stupid - draw it to strike with a shovel, smack it on the head, decapitate it with the shovel, then give it about 10 minutes before the head dies out.

Guess you need to man up, girly man.

Yeah, I don't know why you're using heart disease as a thing to make fun of me over.  It literally is scarier than spiders, and that's my whole point.  On lists of things that can kill you, spiders aren't even top 10,000.  So I really don't get why I'm the one that's being singled out when I'm literally the one making the most amount of sense.  I'm more afraid of heart disease than spiders. 

• Like 1

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I've actually killed about four or five water moccasins. They're big down here in the gulf coast area. Aggressive as hell, but just as stupid - draw it to strike with a shovel, smack it on the head, decapitate it with the shovel, then give it about 10 minutes before the head dies out.

Guess you need to man up, girly man.

What are you compensating for, princess?