What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

I had a pharmacist who didn’t know what serratonin syndrome was. ??‍♀️

It was rather offputting that he didn’t know of an issue that could have killed me if the dosage on my medications was higher.

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I had a pharmacist who didn’t know what serratonin syndrome was. ??‍♀️

It was rather offputting that he didn’t know of an issue that could have killed me if the dosage on my medications was higher.

He didn't think you had it or he didn't know of the concept?

10 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

They seem to love it so far, both (it's a husband/wife) have been doing it less than a year though. I feel like I'd enjoy it too but can't speak from experience.

It can be great.  Days are WAY easier than nights.  If you have kids or need to adhere to a normal sleep schedule it can be awful.

Trying to flip back and forth from nights to a day schedule is the worst.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He didn't think you had it or he didn't know of the concept?

Didn’t know what it was.

I had been on Adderall and knew it was something I just had to make sure not to take a bunch of other SSRIs with and I should be fine. I got put on another medication that’s an SSRI and figured it would be fine and just asked when I picked it up first if there was anything that I should look out for.

He gave me a super puzzled look when I said seratonin syndrome, repeated “seratonin syndrome?” and I had to explain that high or mixed doses of drugs that impact seratonin can be fatal and I just wanted to be sure I was fine. He goes “huh” and then checked his phone to check the drug interactions before telling me I’d “probably be fine”.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Didn’t know what it was.

I had been on Adderall and knew it was something I just had to make sure not to take a bunch of other SSRIs with and I should be fine. I got put on another medication that’s an SSRI and figured it would be fine and just asked when I picked it up first if there was anything that I should look out for.

He gave me a super puzzled look when I said seratonin syndrome, repeated “seratonin syndrome?” and I had to explain that high or mixed doses of drugs that impact seratonin can be fatal and I just wanted to be sure I was fine. He goes “huh” and then checked his phone to check the drug interactions before telling me I’d “probably be fine”.

giphy.gif

That’s no bueno. May be time for a new pharmacy...

20 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

What is this? It's showing up for me as a shrugging emoji and the female symbol.

I think it is an iPhone thing. Whenever someone with an iPhone texts me the shrugging emoji it always comes with the female symbol. 

13 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Didn’t know what it was.

That's ridiculous. 

tbh, even if you aren't aware of seratonin syndrome, I'd expect any pharmacist worth a damn to be really detail-oriented with SSRIs. They're finicky as hell, even if you ignore the safety perspective and just focus on efficacy. A good pharmacist will fight your insurance to justify why you may need to stay on the name-brand SSRI instead of going generic because they sometimes work less or not at all (there's research that some of that is placebo effect, but not all, I'm just too lazy to look it up). Freaking brutal that he was just checking boxes.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, BLick12 said:

Little nervous because I'm in a similar situation with a good company. But I've hit my ceiling here for how much I'll grow / they will pay me.  And part of me feels ready for a new challenge as well.

It's different when you're still employed.  You can look for a perfect fit instead of needing to take the first thing that comes along.

Just remember a job interview should be you interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you.

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I think it is an iPhone thing. Whenever someone with an iPhone texts me the shrugging emoji it always comes with the female symbol. 

?‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

?‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

jL8OykR.jpg

We get all of these. It means your device doesn’t understand how to render updated text.