What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Aren't there some plans where the "deductible" isn't a 100-0 you thing? Like you pay 50-50 to the deductible, then 80-20 insurance after?

I'm very possibly a moron.

In my insurance, yes, but I'm also a teacher, so I have a co-pay based off of the type of visit I have. An office visit is $20, an ER visit is $100, etc. It's VERY nice.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

*Forever.

There's no time limit on when you can use the deduction on anything you withdraw. So invest it, let it grow tax free, then keep those receipts. Best scam ever.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is this legit? I saw an "investment options" button on my HSA dashboard but didn't really know what it meant. You can actually invest your HSA money?

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Aren't there some plans where the "deductible" isn't a 100-0 you thing? Like you pay 50-50 to the deductible, then 80-20 insurance after?

I'm very possibly a moron.

In most cases you have to hit a deductible before coinsurance kicks in, commonly at something like 80/20 until you reach an out of pocket max.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In my insurance, yes, but I'm also a teacher, so I have a co-pay based off of the type of visit I have. An office visit is $20, an ER visit is $100, etc. It's VERY nice.

You’re describing a copay which is not the same thing.  Copays don’t count towards a deductible either.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In most cases you have to hit a deductible before coinsurance kicks in, commonly at something like 80/20 until you reach an out of pocket max.

You’re describing a copay which is not the same thing.  Copays don’t count towards a deductible either.

Well, to put things into perspective, it cost me less than $200 to have our 2nd kid...that's how good our insurance is.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

I don't even know where I go to choose how much to put in it. That would probably go through my company's payroll, right?

Yes. And definitely do it through your employer. You don't even ever pay SSA tax on it. Max it yesterday.

BEST. SCAM. EVER.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Then you don’t have a high deductible plan lol.

I hate you btw.

Yeah, that was my point. I just did a horrific job of explaining it.

I know, and I'm loving it haha.

In all seriousness, for what we teachers DON'T make in salary, our benefits and retirement is HUGE. People who complain about our profession anger me, although sometimes it can be legit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, that was my point. I just did a horrific job of explaining it.

I know, and I'm loving it haha.

In all seriousness, for what we teachers DON'T make in salary, our benefits and retirement is HUGE. People who complain about our profession anger me, although sometimes it can be legit.

Don’t forget the summers off and long arse vacations through the school year.

Teachers do ok for working 8 months out of the year ?