What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

I think the whole foodie culture is dumb as hell. To obsessed with fushion cuisine and "hot social media foods"(what ever is the new thing, postachio gelato last week,  smoked brisket tacos this week, next week is korean kimchi pizza). 

I swear half these business stay in business , not cause the food is great but because they are a hot spot for social media photos. You know the place, watch anyone order and the first thing they are doing is taking picture with there food and of there food lol like they won something. 

5 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I think the whole foodie culture is dumb as hell. To obsessed with fushion cuisine and "hot social media foods"(what ever is the new thing, postachio gelato last week,  smoked brisket tacos this week, next week is korean kimchi pizza). 

I swear half these business stay in business , not cause the food is great but because they are a hot spot for social media photos. You know the place, watch anyone order and the first thing they are doing is taking picture with there food and of there food lol like they won something. 

All three of those things sound pretty great tbh.

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:
22 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

All three of those things sound pretty great tbh.

I was going to say, smoked brisket tacos sound like something I would happily eat for days. Pistachio gelato is probably a good time. Kimchi pizza is vomit on a bread plate. Hard pass.

Can't totally disagree on the foodie culture bit, though.

2 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

I was going to say, smoked brisket tacos sound like something I would happily eat for days. Pistachio gelato is probably a good time. Kimchi pizza is vomit on a bread plate. Hard pass.

A good smoked brisket taco is amazing. I live near a great BBQ place that makes some excellent brisket tacos.

I'd try a kimchi pizza. Though admittedly, when I'm thinking of a kimchi pizza, it's just a bit of kimchi with some slices of pork belly and korean short ribs and a good variety of cheeses on top.

Reading comprehension still needs a upgrade on this site. The point is not that those things would be bad, but it catches as a #hashtag like "#fishtacoswithpeanutbuttersauce ... and they see a pic of it and foodies go nuts and the next second that is the "in food"... "omg you haven't had the fish tachos with peanut butter sauce at Neians Grills!!? REALLY!!!" and these fushion dishes and ironic food plays are pushed more by social media then actually being good. 

7 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

I had some smoked brisket tacos last week. They were so damn good.

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Reading comprehension still needs a upgrade on this site. The point is not that those things would be bad, but it catches as a #hashtag like "#fishtacoswithpeanutbuttersauce ... and they see a pic of it and foodies go nuts and the next second that is the "in food"... "omg you haven't had the fish tachos with peanut butter sauce at Neians Grills!!? REALLY!!!" and these fushion dishes and ironic food plays are pushed more by social media then actually being good. 

I said I largely agreed with you on that. Just saying, smoked brisket tacos I would eat for days.

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

You guys just take one or two words and run with it and instead of trying to understand what some one is saying, i see this all over FF.com. Seems silly. 

For someone complaining about other people's reading comprehension ... I didn't disagree with you. So, there's that.

Just now, fretgod99 said:

I said I largely agreed with you on that. Just saying, smoked brisket tacos I would eat for days.

You know what else is good? Brisket nachos. With some queso and BBQ sauce. Throw some peppers and the green cilantro chili sauce on it, boom.

Since Juan downs at Pedros Burritos , who has been cooking Carnitas and Carne Asada for the last 30 years is no longer good enough and to boring for social media, you need  lots of fushion and ironic food items to keep people entertained.