What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

You know what else is good? Brisket nachos. With some queso and BBQ sauce. Throw some peppers and the green cilantro chili sauce on it, boom.

You know what else is good? Brisket. Pretty much brisket anything. Would eat in a box. Would eat with a fox. Would eat with queso. Would eat with BBQ. Peppers probably, too. Can't do cilantro, though. Cilantro is nasty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Since Juan downs at Pedros Burritos , who has been cooking Carnitas and Carne Asada for the last 30 years is no longer good enough and to boring for social media, you need  lots of fushion and ironic food items to keep people entertained. 

Food trucks and hole-in-the-wall places have the best food ever. I'll fight anybody who disagrees. Food truck burritos are frickin' amazing.

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

You know what else is good? Brisket. Pretty much brisket anything. Would eat in a box. Would eat with a fox. Would eat with queso. Would eat with BBQ. Peppers probably, too. Can't do cilantro, though. Cilantro is nasty.

What? Cilantro...nasty?

I've never heard these words used in succession before. Are you casting a spell, or something?

4 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Reading comprehension still needs a upgrade on this site. The point is not that those things would be bad, but it catches as a #hashtag like "#fishtacoswithpeanutbuttersauce ... and they see a pic of it and foodies go nuts and the next second that is the "in food"... "omg you haven't had the fish tachos with peanut butter sauce at Neians Grills!!? REALLY!!!" and these fushion dishes and ironic food plays are pushed more by social media then actually being good. 

I guess I just don't experience the things you're complaining about. Like, if 95% of what I see on facebook and twitter was replaced by delicious looking fusion food, I'd probably not find them quite as miserable as they are (primarily facebook).

And with tripadvisor, great food at small restaurants still get plenty of business and attention. If a business isn't playing up their food on social media, it's their failure anyways.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

What? Cilantro...nasty?

I've never heard these words used in succession before. Are you casting a spell, or something?

Nah, just really don't like cilantro. It overpowers for me. Good salsa with cilantro tastes like cilantro to me. And I don't like cilantro. So, bleh. Gimme whatever it is you wanna put cilantro in without the cilantro and I'll probably love the hell out of it.

3 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Your hatred of cilantro earned you a football.

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

I guess I just don't experience the things you're complaining about. Like, if 95% of what I see on facebook and twitter was replaced by delicious looking fusion food, I'd probably not find them quite as miserable as they are (primarily facebook).

And with tripadvisor, great food at small restaurants still get plenty of business and attention. If a business isn't playing up their food on social media, it's their failure anyways.

No you guys just pretend like im not making complete sense when i am. Im sure your feelings are just hurt/bothered by me posting here. 

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

Food trucks and hole-in-the-wall places have the best food ever. I'll fight anybody who disagrees. Food truck burritos are frickin' amazing.

Gonna have to co-sign. 

The best Indian food I have ever had was a hole-in-the-wall joint called Himalaya. It was so good, Anthony Bourdain stopped by. Now, this hole in the wall has a line halfway around the building.

I hate TV ruining the places I love.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Brisket NACHOS, man. Trust.

Restaurant near me has brisket fries. Basically poutine with brisket.

My god are they the worst thing I've ever eaten. The brisket is dry. The cheese curds are few and far in between. And the gravy is far too salty. 

I'm extremely jealous of your brisket nachos though. 

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

Food trucks do not. They are so overrated. 

Yeah the real Mexicans in the real taco truck yes.... But Ericka and Conor in a food truck serving up fish burritos that learned on a back packing trip to Mexico isn't the same. 

If you're not going to the legit food trucks, you're doing food trucks wrong. None of the wrong kind even exist around here.