Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

I'd like to start by keeping it simple here, F*** you Chucky.

Idc what the haul is cuz the odds that you'll manage to replace Mack's talent is about .00001%. You just let the most talented Raider in the last 2 decades go before he ever played a down for you. A former DPOY smack dab in the middle of his prime who looks to be well on his way to a HOF career and is about as perfect as you can ask for character-wise as well.

Call me a pessimist but given Reggie and Chuck's draft history, there's no chance we see the ROI for this trade that makes it worth it. Also, Fangio's defense was top 10 last year and theyve now added Mack and Roquan Smith. Plus theyve got an innovative new coach to jumpstart the offense and an outstanding RB in Jordan Howard. Not saying they'll be great but i would be very surprised if the Bears dont at least hover around a .500 record, which hurts the value of the picks we're getting.

I hate this trade, i hate this day, and i now hate Chucky. It's 10am, time to crack a beer.

Thank you for your service Mr. Mack. Like Aso and CWood were for several years, you were a light in the darkness that gave us something special to watch when it was at times hard to watch. Forever a true Raider.

4 minutes ago, daineraider said:

To be fair, who was the last coach that had the Raiders competing for a Super Bowl?  The same coach that just traded away his best player.  

Tbf he was kicked out of the Raiders because the big knock on him was that he was an always the bridesmaid never the bride type guy and he needed someone else’s team to get over the hump. 

His absence creates nostalgia and made people overlook his flaws. It’s like when you get back with an ex after a few months/years and realize “oh yeah, these were issues”.

Just now, lancerman said:

Tbf he was kicked out of the Raiders because the big knock on him was that he was an always the bridesmaid never the bride type guy and he needed someone else’s team to get over the hump. 

His absence creates nostalgia and made people overlook his flaws

We all knew his flaws. We all said we were good as long as Reggie stayed on and handled the personnel side. But clearly Reggie is just a glorified scout at this point. Chucky is our GM and that was never not a fear among our fanbase. We wanted his football mind, not his business mind.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This makes the Bears better, which sucks a lot, but with no firsts for at least 2 years, now paying out a franchise QB like contract while their QB is on a rookie deal, I don't see them surpassing us and Minnesota.

Mack seemed like an all in move for a contender. Multiple first rounders for a team who wasnt expected to contend doesnt make sense.

Any team can contend in the NFL.  Look at the Rams and the Jaguars last season and where those teams were the previous three seasons prior.  The Bears just got a lot better right now and they believe in their QB. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Well...Callahan got them there.

Yes, I am well aware of who coached our last Super Bowl.  I said competing for a Super Bowl, not the coach who coached our last super bowl.  Grudens teams the 2 years before that were quite close and he did help put that roster together.

Archived