2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He is going to be a dominant player in the NFL. Don't let his size fool you. He is an absolute beast against the run and has shown major potential as a passrusher. He doesn't have the sack stats if you box score scout, but that has alot to do with his scheme.

We’re talking about a top three pick.  Little details are the only  thing that separates these guys.

Karl Joesph tore his ACL and is small for a safety.

Hayden just about had a heart attack and has stiff hips.

Bosa had an abdominal injury hardly career threatening? The dude also maxed out his stock in season and is doing what i'm sure many other prospects will do by leaving school to focus on the draft. Avoid potential injuries like what some guys have had like Karl Joesph. Bosa has the name and the tape to back up his position in the draft.

To what BP was saying about the browns, take the player, don't get cute especially with a blue chip player on the board. The raiders already have 3 first rounders in the 2019 draft if you want to pick up more picks, do it with one of the other picks you have.

9 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

To what BP was saying about the browns, take the player, don't get cute especially with a blue chip player on the board. The raiders already have 3 first rounders in the 2019 draft if you want to pick up more picks, do it with one of the other picks you have.

Exactly. That first pick is going to be 1-3 most likely. Take the star talent and trade back with Dallas's pick if you must.

Can't mess around--if Gruden thinks Bosa is a star, he is the pick barring an outrageous offer. 

That said--I put nothing past us trading down. I personally think Rashan Gary is going to be a great player, so trading down and getting him would be a nice consolation prize. Hoping we take Bosa and dont look back. Maybe double down and get Gary as the other bookend. Those 2 and Hurst would be an amazing young line.

(Full disclosure: I am a Michigan fan)

6 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Can't mess around--if Gruden thinks Bosa is a star, he is the pick barring an outrageous offer. 

That said--I put nothing past us trading down. I personally think Rashan Gary is going to be a great player, so trading down and getting him would be a nice consolation prize. Hoping we take Bosa and dont look back. Maybe double down and get Gary as the other bookend. Those 2 and Hurst would be an amazing young line.

(Full disclosure: I am a Michigan fan)

Gary can't hold Bosa's jock. There is no one in this class on his level. He's a faster, more athletic Joey Bosa. Can play the run, great technique, dominate pass rusher who can bend the edge. I've seen him dominate the big 10 tackles. Teams try to chip him, double him and  he can't be stopped. There are no weaknesses to his game.

If people want to get cute and overthink Bosa, that's fine. If the Raiders are dumb enough to pass on a polished edge rusher with elite burst at a position of need...... might be the last straw for me.

Yea I definitely agree with Bosa being undisputed #1. Cant remember the last time the Raiders took the guy I want in round 1 (maybe never) so I'm expecting it at this point, even if we get #1.

You are way underestimating Gary but it's not an argument I am having in November. Talking about prospects in-depth this early is way too depressing. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Gary can't hold Bosa's jock. There is no one in this class on his level. He's a faster, more athletic Joey Bosa. Can play the run, great technique, dominate pass rusher who can bend the edge. I've seen him dominate the big 10 tackles. Teams try to chip him, double him and  he can't be stopped. There are no weaknesses to his game.

If people want to get cute and overthink Bosa, that's fine. If the Raiders are dumb enough to pass on a polished edge rusher with elite burst at a position of need...... might be the last straw for me.

I’ve seen Corbin Kaufusi from BYU dominate big 10 linemen...

ive also seen sure shot baller guys like jake browning struggle after an injury.

46 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve seen Corbin Kaufusi from BYU dominate big 10 linemen...

He's played in 3 career games against the big 10, but nice BYU plug I guess??

And Bosa has DOMINATED at a collegiate powerhouse. As in been "the dude" on that defense and yet teams can't stop him or slow him down. 

48 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

ive also seen sure shot baller guys like jake browning struggle after an injury.

Comparing a QB with a shoulder injury to a DE with a core injury...... I see no logic in that.

Plenty of ELITE talents has had injuries and never missed a beat. 

Sorry COUGH... You choose 1 player each draft to be contrarian on, but this was a bad choice. Your arguments are as soft.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's played in 3 career games against the big 10, but nice BYU plug I guess??

And Bosa has DOMINATED at a collegiate powerhouse. As in been "the dude" on that defense and yet teams can't stop him or slow him down. 

Comparing a QB with a shoulder injury to a DE with a core injury...... I see no logic in that.

Plenty of ELITE talents has had injuries and never missed a beat. 

Sorry COUGH... You choose 1 player each draft to be contrarian on, but this was a bad choice. Your arguments are as soft.

Who has bosa dominated this year?

weak tcu or Rutgers?

or last year player of the year...

guess which one is Nick Bosa 

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Who has bosa dominated this year?

weak tcu or Rutgers?

or last year player of the year...

guess which one is Nick Bosa 

You should probably not use a Michigan homer who covers their teams as a source..... just saying. Just some homer sad because Bosa beat out the Michigan guys for a Dline player of the year award last year. 

This is why you don't stat sheet scout and watch the film.

And I didn't say THIS YEAR. He's dominated since he stepped on the field at Ohio State. And it's not just about sacks. He's a great edge setter and great against the run. 

id honestly double dip at DE if the board fell that way, im not entirely sold on Key. Id snag Bosa, and if a guy like Ferell is available at our 2nd pick id be all over it. WIth our assets and the depth in this draft being where its at, we need to add at least 3 pieces to our front 7. Id love to finally add a ILB before the 5th round, but I wont hold my breath. This defense obviously need major help, so im hoping our first 3 picks are spent on that side of the ball and spend our 2nd on a playmaker on offense. I feel this team needs a playmaker at RB, someone we can hand the rock to on a consistent basis and take the load off Carr.

we have a ton of high picks, im usually for trading back and accumulating picks, but we just haven't gotten fair value. Make the picks where we are and add talent to this roster.

Archived