2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

out of curiosity, if we end up picking at 2 and don't get Bosa what happens with our pick?  Do we take the best available player and nab another 3T? somebody else? attempt to trade down (likely at lesser value)?

It has to be Oliver.  He's the BPA after Bosa.

35 minutes ago, Totty said:

It has to be Oliver.  He's the BPA after Bosa.

I’m not sold on Oliver as the #2 BPA. He’s smaller than people think and no where close to Donalds muscular frame. His college production just isn’t translating to sacks or even TFLs either. An elite NFL prospect should be able to get through college double teams on a consistent basis. 

With #2 I listen to offers to see if anyone is willing to overpay (not DJ Hayden type of compensation..) if not, I would take DT Quinnen Williams from Alabama. DT is probably our last need on defense (although we are certainly not impressive at that position) but IMO he is the BPA. He is absolute force and making all OLines look like complete chumps. Well rounded elite prospect that does well at everything. He’s a much better version of Leonard Williams who this forum loved IMO. Elite pass rusher, elite run defender, complete disrupter.

I really hope we get Bosa but Quinnen is my #2. 

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Tomorrow is Gmen vs 9ers 

One of them have to lose. :( 

I’m going for the Giants. The niners have one more win than the Raiders and the tie breaker as well. The giants are the only real threat to the number one overall. The Raiders only realistic shot of winning again is against the Cards who are pretty feisty. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not sold on Oliver as the #2 BPA. He’s smaller than people think and no where close to Donalds muscular frame. His college production just isn’t translating to sacks or even TFLs either. An elite NFL prospect should be able to get through college double teams on a consistent basis. 

With #2 I listen to offers to see if anyone is willing to overpay (not DJ Hayden type of compensation..) if not, I would take DT Quinnen Williams from Alabama. DT is probably our last need on defense (although we are certainly not impressive at that position) but IMO he is the BPA. He is absolute force and making all OLines look like complete chumps. Well rounded elite prospect that does well at everything. He’s a much better version of Leonard Williams who this forum loved IMO. Elite pass rusher, elite run defender, complete disrupter.

I really hope we get Bosa but Quinnen is my #2. 

He's an absolute animal. That guy looks like a year 1 pro bowler. Man amongst boys.

Quinnen williams might be the best player in this draft. Can you imagine him and Hurst and an edge rusher in the middle of the 1st? That might be something else man. Especially because we can mix in some 3-4 fronts with him Hurst and Hall.

He's like an immovable object on run downs, but on pass downs he beats guards with every combination of moves. I'm just thinking about what the Rams do. Obviously, I like Bosa a lot, but I'm curious as to the size of the dropoff at DT vs edge. Just a thought.

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anyone else think Williams might be better than Bosa... like others have said... Hurst Hall Williams would be nasty interior... key off the edge and another 1st on edge... could be on to something 

Key is a rotational guy at best IMO. Bosa over Quinnen. 

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anyone else think Williams might be better than Bosa... like others have said... Hurst Hall Williams would be nasty interior... key off the edge and another 1st on edge... could be on to something 

No. Just no. Bosa is the best this class has to offer.

And y'all are just reading draft conjecture about Oliver and not watching for yourselves. He's animal, a freakish athlete, and still the #2 player in this class. He gets his stats facing double and triple teams EVERY down. Entire offenses scheme to neutralize him and he still plays lights out. You're ignorant if you think Oliver is too small, not powerful enough, not making enough plays. He has no one around him at all and their pass D can't cover anyone.

7 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

No. Just no. Bosa is the best this class has to offer.

And y'all are just reading draft conjecture about Oliver and not watching for yourselves. He's animal, a freakish athlete, and still the #2 player in this class. He gets his stats facing double and triple teams EVERY down. Entire offenses scheme to neutralize him and he still plays lights out. You're ignorant if you think Oliver is too small, not powerful enough, not making enough plays. He has no one around him at all and their pass D can't cover anyone.

The fact that you're not even considering him as close to Bosa means you haven't watched him play. Straight up. You can't watch that guy and tell me he's not an elite prospect. He's dominating OL in the SEC and winning with all kinds of moves.

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The fact that you're not even considering him as close to Bosa means you haven't watched him play. Straight up. You can't watch that guy and tell me he's not an elite prospect. He's dominating OL in the SEC and winning with all kinds of moves.

Dont put words in my mouth. He's my #4 prospect so i have plenty of respect for him and have watched him play several times this year.

I never said he wasn't elite or close to him, i just said he's not a better prospect than Bosa. Bosa is a tremendous athlete with everything you want as a prospect and no flaws whatsoever.

Argue it all you want tho. Ive watched plenty of both and Bosa is the better overall prospect imo.

Archived