2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He had 6 tackles, 1.5 sacks and was consistently winning the edge.... What makes you say he looks weak?

It's easy, you draft traits, not box score stats. Every game is different. Every team plays a player differently. 

Bosa has all the traits.... big, athletic, explosive first step, technique, power, instincts and motor. 

Did you honestly watch the miss st Kentucky game Or just read about it?

I could tell you about josh that game without even mentioning stats....

or the Kentucky center who owned Simmons or particularly the Kentucky rt who owned sweat. 

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What kind of question is this? Because Ohio St. laid an egg against them you ask this redundant question? Yes... I think Bosa would have probably played his game against Ohio St. Does that make them win that game, who knows. But sure Bosa would have been the same handful for Purdue he's been for every other team he's played.

The op said he was confident bosa wouldn’t have fell off this year and has nothing else to show so im just curious the kind of impact he thought bosa would have vs a team like Purdue 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Did you honestly watch the miss st Kentucky game Or just read about it?

I could tell you about josh that game without even mentioning stats....

or the Kentucky center who owned Simmons or particularly the Kentucky rt who owned sweat. 

Yes, I watched it. And here are all his snaps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGt4mA_nPnM

I don't see how he looked "weak". Gets his pad level to high in spots against the run. Otherwise, sheds, bends the edge, has a counter move. Pressured the QB and made stops in the run game. Looked pretty solid to me.

But what does this have to do with Bosa?

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The op said he was confident bosa wouldn’t have fell off this year and has nothing else to show so im just curious the kind of impact he thought bosa would have vs a team like Purdue 

A team like Purdue though? How is that relevant? Not like they have a draftable LT to make any conclusions against. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes, I watched it. And here are all his snaps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGt4mA_nPnM

I don't see how he looked "weak". Gets his pad level to high in spots against the run. Otherwise, sheds, bends the edge, has a counter move. Pressured the QB and made stops in the run game. Looked pretty solid to me.

But what does this have to do with Bosa?

Glad you posted the video I’m interested to see what other posters think of sweat and Simmons vs Kentucky. I think they played like 2nd rounders even though they’re projected as high first rounders and arguably the best at their positions. Especially vs a no name Kentucky oline 

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He'd have had his usual impact. Probably a sack or two and some pressures. Not enough to make a difference in the game tho. The stars just aligned that day for Purdue.

And if you're throwing 70+ times, you're gonna lose. Ohio St didnt run the ball, put the game in Haskins hands, and the secondary play was horrendous. Bosa might've impacted the game to force a 3 and out via sack/pressure here or there or maybe force a turnover but imo the whole team slept on Purdue. They went entirely one dimensional on offense and Blough had the game of his life. It's just one of those games that's hard to explain. With Bosa, it mightve been 42-27 instead but it wouldn't have been the difference in the game cuz d-line pressure wasn't nearly the biggest problem for them.

45 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

He'd have had his usual impact. Probably a sack or two and some pressures. Not enough to make a difference in the game tho. The stars just aligned that day for Purdue.

And if you're throwing 70+ times, you're gonna lose. Ohio St didnt run the ball, put the game in Haskins hands, and the secondary play was horrendous. Bosa might've impacted the game to force a 3 and out via sack/pressure here or there or maybe force a turnover but imo the whole team slept on Purdue. They went entirely one dimensional on offense and Blough had the game of his life. It's just one of those games that's hard to explain. With Bosa, it mightve been 42-27 instead but it wouldn't have been the difference in the game cuz d-line pressure wasn't nearly the biggest problem for them.

That’s why I love games like that I like watching prospects in adverse situations vs blowouts. I want to see them truly tested to see how they respond. I learn more about a player in adversity vs blowouts that’s just me.

For example with Oliver i watched him vs Texas tech a game where he flashed some but was throughly challenged. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

say we draft 

1-  DE N Bosa

1-  MLB D White

where would you want to go with with the last 1st round pick? 

BPA, I don't care which position it is. We need talent at every single position on this team. No one on this roster is going to stop me from drafting a good prospect. 

Archived