Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Ok,  I am done. I made my case. You guys are seriously struggle at reading. I said at least 5 times they needed to call the fight. I said at least 5 times that there is no question that Mayweather won. My contention was that A. light weight boxing is a joke and that B. Conner M was 100% almost instantaniously after the fight ended, which supports point A.

You guys are the goofballs that made up all these other counter arguments. 

If Conor was not hurt, why would they need to call the fight? 

People are confused about the point you're trying to make because it doesn't make sense if you're arguing the fight should have been stopped. But I guess we all assumed too much when your contention was something as stupid as lightweight boxing is a joke.

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

How does being tired prevent you from keeping your hands up?

For real? How does being tired make you put your hands on your knees and slouch over? How does being tired prevent you from taking plays off? How does being tired make you wobbly legging out a triple?

I think physically spent is the better definition than tired though. One guy is better conditioned for boxing than the other and that is a big part of any sport.

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

Matts: "Connor was just tired. Boxing sucks."

Everyone else: "He wasn't just tired."

Matts: "He was 100% fine because he was coherent."

(so what exactly are you arguing?)

Everyone else: "He was getting rocked."

Matts: "Just a hypothetical but if Connor had a 5 minute break, he might have been fine. He was just tired."

Everyone else: "Connor was hurt. The ref was right to call it."

Matts: "AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS? I NEVER SAID DON'T CALL IT. YOU'RE BEING WEIRD. YOU ARE."

Reread that analytically and you could understand my point. The point was that this didnt show who was a better fighter in the sense of the true meaning of the word fight. It showed who could tire the other person out and win on a default. Its why boxing is stupid (at least in the light weights.)

Or maybe you wont get it. You did go to Alabama, so we know what that means. :D

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

For real? How does being tired make you put your hands on your knees and slouch over? How does being tired prevent you from taking plays off? How does being tired make you wobbly legging out a triple?

I think physically spent is the better definition than tired though. One guy is better conditioned for boxing than the other and that is a big part of any sport.

I've never seen a boxer so tired he can't keep his hands above his waist at all. Them falling a bit? Sure. Openings to get a couple shots? Sure. Completely down at his side not defending AT ALL? No. Not from just fatigue.

But man Conor is amazing. Love that dude. Legit bad a$$. Will be interesting to see what he does next. LW division has two really good fights for him and then he also has that Diaz rematch.

If he wants to box, would love to see him beat Paulie LOL.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Honest question.

Was this the first time you've watched boxing and/or Floyd?

Edit: Wait nvm you said "than any Floyd fight I ever watched".... that makes this opinion worse

I watch boxing a decent amount (watch Lomachenko's last 4-5 fights, watched Errol Spence's last fight, Joshu/Klitschko, both Ward/Kovalev, seen a couple GGG fights, seen a couple Canelo fights, watched the last two Terence Crawford fights, etc.). Don't watch it nearly as much MMA tho. 

Your edit doesn't make sense tho because you don't know which Floyd fights I have watched  (it's not a lot purposely). 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If Conor was not hurt, why would they need to call the fight? 

People are confused about the point you're trying to make because it doesn't make sense if you're arguing the fight should have been stopped. But I guess we all assumed too much when your contention was something as stupid as lightweight boxing is a joke.

Because he was too tired to defend himself. Christ, man, never be my lawyer. 

And I said lightweight boxing is a joke to being with, maybe you just didnt read it. I was hoping Connor would kill of this joke of a sport.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Reread that analytically and you could understand my point. The point was that this didnt show who was a better fighter in the sense of the true meaning of the word fight. It showed who could tire the other person out and win on a default. Its why boxing is stupid (at least in the light weights.)

Or maybe you wont get it. You did go to Alabama, so we know what that means. :D

You're on quite the streak tonight. 

Wrong again. Didn't go to Alabama. 

And McGregor had every opportunity to end the fight early on. If he was the better fighter, he would have ended it earlier. He couldn't because he's an inferior boxer (and that's fair. Floyd is the best of his era. This was Connor's first professional fight as a boxer).

Just now, jrry32 said:

I wonder what he thinks of welterweight fighting if lightweight is a joke.

LOL, I just figured he meant smaller fighters. And he said all this fight proved is you just have to tire out the opposing fighter in those weigh classes to win by default. Ha. Really? I don't think you see many guys as tired as Conor was there....Since he obviously wasn't hurt.....

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I've never seen a boxer so tired he can't keep his hands above his waist at all. Them falling a bit? Sure. Openings to get a couple shots? Sure. Completely down at his side not defending AT ALL? No. Not from just fatigue.

Well we aren't talking about a boxer.  I've seen it in many amateur fights.

Just to clear it up:

If you are "too tired" to defend yourself, you'd try to tie up your opponent. You'd lean against them over and over. 

That's not what Connor did. He basically stumbled from one side of the ring to another with his hands down and just left himself completely exposed. 

Again, that's not tired. That's getting hurt. That's being much less than 100% in that moment. 

And if that's his reaction to being tired, he's a horrible fighter. Because that's leading to a knockout almost immediately.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Because he was too tired to defend himself. Christ, man, never be my lawyer. 

And I said lightweight boxing is a joke to being with, maybe you just didnt read it. I was hoping Connor would kill of this joke of a sport.

I won't be because I'd be the one responsible for having to make your idiotic arguments for you. Yes, it was fatigue causing Conor to lose his balance, stagger all over the ring, and repeatedly get punched in the face while his hands were at his side.

Christ, man, never be my client.

If you think lightweight boxing is a joke, your opinion on this subject is worth ignoring.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Well we aren't talking about a boxer.  I've seen it in many amateur fights.

Some amateur tournaments (local ones) are hilarious. You definitely see wild stuff with fighters flailing all over the ring like Conor. 

But as Conor said, Floyd was much more composed and made him throw shots he didn't want to. For being so much bigger than Floyd (At least 15-20 pound weight advantage), very few of his shots had any steam on them. He wasn't close to hurting Floyd at all and was clearly just trying to build up points by being active. That was actually shown in his sparring with Paulie. He needs to learn to sit on his shots more and that way he could do much more damage. I mean it wouldn't have mattered all that much today but still.

Archived