Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

41 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I get it. Just didn’t really see many wights die is my point haha. 

All the wights who died were dead until they were raised again. It just didn't matter because there were waves upon waves of them. If they were using steel blades and not dragon glass they would've cut down a wight and it would've just kept coming.

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Her and Jaime are so banging this coming episode. Those squeals are gonna be haunting your dreams next Sunday.

It's gonna be a 3 way. Tormund will not be denied his Giants Milk. Thus aftwards he gets arrested and sentenced to 40 years giving into higher tensions and tribalism where the slur Wildling is wildly thrown around every chance the northeners get to belittle and keep the Freefolk under their thumbs as 2nd class citizens. It won't be until later when Gilly's baby grows up, desiring to be a knight and is killed before taking the entry exam by Winterfell knights that the movement of "Freefolk lives matter" is started thus bringing in "real" change.

It's the "surprise" series coming up from the GOT creators, just when you think they are sticking to the original story. They throw in shock value by stating its going to be something else completely.

• Like 1

The opening scene of Ep 4 should be Arya after she left the Hound and Melisandre.  Take some sort of secret path to the roofs or battlements, jump onto the Heart tree in the Godswood, and then launch from there at the NK.  If that's not how it happened fine, but I want to see how she got in position.  If they just leave it as it is, then they just give her the superhero treatment and it was lazy as hell.  May as well have her summon stormbreaker for the next episode then.

• Like 2

Just now, THE DUKE said:

The opening scene of Ep 4 should be Arya after she left the Hound and Melisandre.  Take some sort of secret path to the roofs or battlements, jump onto the Heart tree in the Godswood, and then launch from there at the NK.  If that's not how it happened fine, but I want to see how she got in position.  If they just leave it as it is, then they just give her the superhero treatment and it was lazy as hell.  May as well have her summon stormbreaker for the next episode then.

There's a behind-the-scenes look of that scene, and it shows she just jumps. She's not in a tree or anything. She jumps from a platform (which is obviously not shown in the show) but I think in the show it's meant to be portrayed that she jumped from something that's not a tree - or was thrown by the Hound.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's a behind-the-scenes look of that scene, and it shows she just jumps. She's not in a tree or anything. She jumps from a platform (which is obviously not shown in the show) but I think in the show it's meant to be portrayed that she jumped from something that's not a tree - or was thrown by the Hound.

I saw that BTS jump on Facebook briefly, I thought she was already elevated somewhat, which made me think maybe she jumped from the Heart Tree.

I like the idea of the NK being killed in a similar style to his javelin toss.  The Hound just give Arya a toss and bing bang boom

What I’m kind of picturing:

I think the big twist could be that the 3ER is the real bad guy all along. The Night King never had any particular interest in fighting humans, he was just trying to kill the 3ER, and the humans were in the way.

The Children created the NK to fight the humans, but after the NK was defeated and forced to hide in the north, he grew to despise the Children and turned against the 3ER. That explains why the NK didn't bother trying to go south of the wall for 8000+ years (not until the 3ER moved into Bran's body and went south). Before then he was just trying to get to the 3ER.

The 3ER knew he was getting old and the NK was getting stronger, so he made Bran and the Reed siblings have visions that would lead them to the cave so he could steal a new body. After he takes Bran's body and flees south, he knew the NK would follow him, so he used the old fables of 'the Others' to convince the humans to fight the NK and protect him. 

The NK had a deal with Castor where he would leave Castor's people alone if they gave him children to turn into White Walkers, so we know the NK isn't solely bent on killing all humans without thought.

That also explains why the NK goes into Winterfell to confront the 3ER before all the humans are dead. He doesn't care about killing the humans, he just needed them neutralized enough to get to the 3ER. It also explains why when Jon and the NK come face to face, the NK raises wights to slow him down, instead of just fighting him. He just doesn't care about Jon, and/or respects him.

I have a feeling the 3ER warged into those ravens and escaped (fully leaving Bran's body) once he knew the battle was lost. That is the reason they didn't show any sort of reaction from Bran after the NK was killed.

They also had the scene where Bran and the NK stare at each other for a while, so I think that will be explained as some sort of mental communication between them where Bran finds out the true story of the 3ER and the NK's motivations (possibly he needed to kill the 3ER to break his curse).

I think next episode they will open with Bran being Bran again, and him telling everyone that the 3ER escaped and they need to go find him. Then Jon can go and finally kill the (real) monster beyond the wall and properly close his arc. 

Or I just missed a bunch of stuff that makes that all impossible, but whatever.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Stormbreak/Lightbringer they might as well.

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If she didn't jump from a tree, I'm gonna need an explanation on where the hell that platform is.

latest?cb=20190415031728

23 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I like the idea of the NK being killed in a similar style to his javelin toss.  The Hound just give Arya a toss and bing bang boom

What I’m kind of picturing:

That would have to be a massive distance for them not to be detected by the Wights roaming around.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If she didn't jump from a tree, I'm gonna need an explanation on where the hell that platform is.

latest?cb=20190415031728

They obviously setup trampolines in the courtyard there. Children had to have somewhere to play. But overall I don't think it's a big deal. She ran, she jumped, she assassinated. That's the moral of the story. Whether or not it was supposed to be from a tree or just from the ground idk.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

latest?cb=20190415031728

Yea but even still. Jumping from tree to tree, that will make some noise and these damn things can hear a drop of blood hit the ground. How did she do it silently is more of the question. Because even if she could make it to them, the Wights themselves would be going crazy trying to get to her.

They obviously setup trampolines in the courtyard there. 

Oh yeah, I remember that scene now.  Silly question then.

But overall I don't think it's a big deal. She ran, she jumped, she assassinated. That's the moral of the story. Whether or not it was supposed to be from a tree or just from the ground idk.

Yeah, it's not.  I had just assumed it had to have been a tree since they were in the middle of the Godswood, and there isn't a structure in there within any reasonable jumping distance.