Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Episode 4: Similar to episodes 1 & 2, a lot of war preparation and political drama

Episode 5: Big battle of Kings Landing 

Episode 6: Aftermath of the war where we see what happens to the remaining main characters

I refuse to believe that the Night King / Great Other story is over. The entire point of the series is that human squabbles are meaningless compared to life vs death.

27 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Pretty much like you said. 3 episodes. 3 different directors. So each is going to wrap up their portion just like last few episodes did, I dont see to much blending or playing off one another anymore happening.

I don't think the director really matters that much compared to the writers. D+D are the sole writers for the last 4 episodes.

I think episodes 4/5 will mirror 2/3 with a dialog-heavy episode followed by an action-heavy episode. Emilia Clarke said in an interview that episode 5 would be even bigger than 3.

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't think the director really matters that much compared to the writers. D+D are the sole writers for the last 4 episodes.

I think episodes 4/5 will mirror 2/3 with a dialog-heavy episode followed by an action-heavy episode. Emilia Clarke said in an interview that episode 5 would be even bigger than 3.

The big difference though is that Cogman wrote the outstandind S8E2.....he really gets the show's background and character development in a way D&D and others haven't matched.   Guess we'll see if D&D can change that.

7 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I think episodes 4/5 will mirror 2/3 with a dialog-heavy episode followed by an action-heavy episode.

Thats what I was meaning. Were not having a flow like meeting Ned and following him on through his time in KL.

Each now as an assigned purpose. Like the Red Wedding director has the next episode, so I expect a heavy drama with not so much action. As that gets saved for the following show.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Did they show Ghost after the battle?

He was in the preview for the next episode.

Having Ghost on the front line and running off with the dothraki (huh?? makes no sense) and then literally never showing him again was so stupid.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Having Ghost on the front line and running off with the dothraki (huh?? makes no sense) and then literally never showing him again was so stupid.

Agreed. But then again, that entire battle plan "Let's start things off by sacrificing the Dothraki" was dumb AF. But it could've been worse because:

1) Dothraki charge the dead and (obviously) die

2) NK raises all of the Dothraki

3) They turn around and charge the Unsullied as dead Dothraki

Having Jon stop and look at Sam in trouble. And then Ghost burst in to help Sam so Jon could keep moving would have blown the roof off at watch parties.

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Agreed. But then again, that entire battle plan "Let's start things off by sacrificing the Dothraki" was dumb AF. But it could've been worse because:

The entire battle strategy was so bad it isn't even worth discussing. Utter nonsense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I know there was a lot of heroes who survived that prolly shouldn’t have but as cool as the direwolves are, I don’t see how Ghost made it.  

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I know there was a lot of heroes who survived that prolly shouldn’t have but as cool as the direwolves are, I don’t see how Ghost made it.  

If Jorah survived that charge, I see no reason why Ghost wouldn't have as well. He's smart. He's not just gonna run into his own death.

Just now, thrILL! said:

Maybe that is how Jorah went from pinned down inside the castle to like a mile outside the castle where Dany fell off her dragon (through tens of thousands of wights in about 30 seconds). He rode Ghost.

• Like 1

Maybe that is how Jorah went from pinned down inside the castle to like a mile outside the castle where Dany fell off her dragon (through tens of thousands of wights in about 30 seconds). He rode Ghost.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, 99% sure they show ghost come back charging through the unsullied lines around the same time Jorah rides back.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The best strategy prolly should’ve been the dragons circling the Winterfell perimeter and then blazing as many dead as possible and then send in the troops.  I’ve seen a lot of complaints about the strategy but not many better ideas.  I’m sure Dany has complete confidence in sending out the Dothraki first using one of their biggest guns.  But even if you sent in your weakest soldiers first (that’s not very strategical either), they could’ve been added to the dead increasing their numbers.  And then the next and the next.